Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The estimated range (the one you see if you have the battery meter in km rather than %) is just a straight conversion from the estimated battery remaining and a fixed consumption rate. It doesn't change based on chill mode or driving habits etcetera.

There's also an estimated range remaining in the energy screen, that's based just on using your consumption over the last 10km / 25km / 50km (depending on which you have selected to display) and extending that out based on what's remaining in the battery. Again chill mode won't change it.

I never bother with chill mode, if I want to accelerate less rapidly I'll press the go pedal a bit less.. in theory.
Theory is okay. But there is something called Muscle memory in human anatomy, theory of which is not that predictable....until that is properly unlearned and relearned...:)

• Funny
Reactions: Rosier and dronus
The charging is free but the parking costs a bit. Basically you can get enough power to just about offset the parking cost.
I know this should probably go in the other thread, but ive typed it now so here it is :) Might be handy info for people waiting for Model 3 in Adelaide or visiting :)

Most of the Adelaide City Council Carparks have RAA type 2 chargers in them. One or two are free 7/11kw charging (but really crazy parking rates) and the others have the same or worse parking rates plus 45c/kwh 11kw charging. I never go into the city unless i really have to and even then i dont use the council carparks, ill run the gauntlet with the street parking. Nothing is "free"

I get it, the council is a business that is there to take money from us and give it to their business mates, so they can pay for their golf club memberships etc, and at least ACC is not like my council in Adelaides south which says councils dont supply EV charging according to their extensive research, which obviously didnt include other LGA councils... just themself probably.. so weird.

One day they will cotton on that by providing charging for EVs they will attract EV owners to their council (like many SA councils which are invisible to my council) and those people might spend money there, which supports local businesses which supports jobs etc etc which could be a focus... maybe...

haha rant over, back to Firmament ACE - where is it now?

I know this should probably go in the other thread, but ive typed it now so here it is :) Might be handy info for people waiting for Model 3 in Adelaide or visiting :)

Most of the Adelaide City Council Carparks have RAA type 2 chargers in them. One or two are free 7/11kw charging (but really crazy parking rates) and the others have the same or worse parking rates plus 45c/kwh 11kw charging. I never go into the city unless i really have to and even then i dont use the council carparks, ill run the gauntlet with the street parking. Nothing is "free"

I get it, the council is a business that is there to take money from us and give it to their business mates, so they can pay for their golf club memberships etc, and at least ACC is not like my council in Adelaides south which says councils dont supply EV charging according to their extensive research, which obviously didnt include other LGA councils... just themself probably.. so weird.

One day they will cotton on that by providing charging for EVs they will attract EV owners to their council (like many SA councils which are invisible to my council) and those people might spend money there, which supports local businesses which supports jobs etc etc which could be a focus... maybe...

haha rant over, back to Firmament ACE - where is it now?
This should be brought to notice of the council. AC chargers should only be charged if parked without charging or not removed after charging or in highly busy areas after a fixed time like 3 hours or so. And it should be the priority for the council to ensure that almost all charging spots got some AC charging. I think that is what pretty much all councils are trying to do now.

Anyway not ranting too much over a rant... Ultimately we all have a duty to correct the missteps of the soceity. So if this contributes👍

Reactions: MacTessy and dronus
Cheers mate, it’s an interesting colour, it changes based on sun or overcast conditions, at night it takes in a different look with street lights. I love it, but I have a feeling I may be a tad jealous of the stealth grey.
Well I went for the stealth grey, nearly went for ultra red but decided to go with the grey instead, haven’t seen one in the flesh yet but drove an ultra red the other week and can confirm it looks sick so fingers crossed 🤞 the grey will also look great

how waterproof is the frunk? Are you confident enough to store charging cables in there or ar eyou better off putting them in the sub-trunk?
Im probably not going to need them very often so ill probably put them in the boot and save the space in the frunk for other random things. Not sure what yet, ive never transported things in the front of a car..

It's waterproof and smell proof. It's the best place in the model 3 for takeaway food. Zero food smell in the cabin the next day.

^ Oh my frunk will be for groceries and take-away. 💯

Will probably store the charging cables on long trips if my boot is full. No point having the emergency kit under the boot if it’s not easily accessible in a hurry.

Other times I’ll probably get a pet fish for the frunk.
IMG_9936.jpeg

I like turtle..

• Funny
Reactions: PcS000 and Rosier
^ Oh my frunk will be for groceries and take-away. 💯

Will probably store the charging cables on long trips if my boot is full. No point having the emergency kit under the boot if it’s not easily accessible in a hurry.

Other times I’ll probably get a pet fish for the frunk.

The frunk is also a great place to keep some pizzas hot on the drive home 🍕

Well I went for the stealth grey, nearly went for ultra red but decided to go with the grey instead, haven’t seen one in the flesh yet but drove an ultra red the other week and can confirm it looks sick so fingers crossed 🤞 the grey will also look great
Only red car I ever owned was a Mazda RX8, loved that red and loved the rotary. I do like the stealth grey, I have a feeling my next car when NL runs out will be in that colour but who knows what the future holds with Elon.