Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guessing it's the auto one?
1707106624778.png

Reactions: sishome and aaron.m
Not necessarily mate - the MC may have had quarantine issues, or been disrupted by the protests at the docks week before last.
Delays with 1 ships cargo may trickle down the line to the DC, however one ships delay "shouldn't" automatically carry over to another

What I'm saying is that MC arrived, was scheduled to unload/depart and did so before FA.
All ships were delayed. Including FA.
If there us a quarantine issue, that's a different conversation.

Yeah, I have always rotated cars every few years, so I've purchased a lot of new cars, I'd go further than just the last few years, most of the vehicles I purchased took quite some time, some gave more information than others, but I think the other big difference is I never really cared when they'd come with any of the other cars I've purchased.

My EV journey came from a complete sceptic, I thought all Tesla's cost way over 100k, batteries lasted a couple of years, blah blah, you name it. I slowly became more interested, spoke to some people who owned one, took some test drives, did a whole lot of research, calculations etc, then hired one for a long road trip. Once I saw how much of a game changer the Tesla was, I was excited for a new car purchase for the first time I can remember. I suspect that plays a big part in why we get so frustrated.

I think the timing with the new refresh, stink bugs, global shipping upheavals etc have definitely made this more painful (for us and Tesla), but I definitely agree their communication could have been MUCH better. I definitely won't be ordering another Tesla around the time a refresh model is introduced, I plan to buy a Model Y to replace the wife's car at some point, but I'll wait until they have been delivering for a few months before I even think about ordering.

Actually that's another first for me, I've never even considered buying repeat vehicles from the same maker, but I guess that's part of the amount of research I did into this coming from such a skeptical point in the beginning.
Yeah I agree, my path to EV is very similar. And in fact even when I decided EV was the way to go, I absolutely hated Teslas and thought they would be the last car I would ever own. But after test drives of all the EVs available, my opinion completely reversed and now I couldn’t really see myself in anything else except for the new polestar.

As for the delivery, I think it’s just because it’s my first time ordering in this manner and you are right, I’ve never wanted a car to arrive so badly before. I just wish they could be more organised with their dates, and transparent about delays. Unfortunately I have put myself in a situation where a two week shift to the right for delivery estimate really does affect my situation.

But surely Tesla office would have known about the delays prior to today, why did my EDD not update until a day after the window started..

• Love
Reactions: Jules22
Do we know whether this lot is clearing out before the next lot arrives from Melbourne? I'm hoping the queue isn't too long once the cars from FA arrive... Would love to get a better estimate on delivery date to put my car up for sale, and get all my other stuff sorted...
I dare say they will be. I test drove the long range today and the awesome SA who was one of the first to receive the new model 3 (exact same specs as mine) took me out the back to show me his car. There’s only a couple of people doing all the washing/polishing, and plenty of cars to get through.

There was a bloke replacing the parcel shelves, and the SA told me it only takes around 5 minutes to swap it out, which means if they have enough parcel shelves there shouldn’t really be any delays as you can’t wash & polish a car that quickly 😬

I saw a freshly detailed stealth grey model 3 going on a tow truck and was told they must have found a stone chip etc, and that it was going to be touched up before delivery.

I also got to see each colour freshly washed/prepped for delivery, and they all looked bloody amazing! My wife even said if she knew the red looked that good in person she would have let me order one..

The long range was neck snappingly quick, and the sound system was incredible. The only things that were a bit off in this white example were the drivers door alignment (seen a few that are a bit wonky so it’s a bit of a worry), and the interior LED strip not lining up very well from the doors to the dash. Curious if any of this could be rectified after delivery or if it’s considered within spec.

IMG_1716.jpeg

For FA Melbourne and Adelaide people, here’s what I got from my little chit chat with old mate.

- The cars will be entered on to RAV when they are compliant. (But they are already entered, so..)
- We will get the booking text when our particular car is on the way to the DC. The keyword being DC, they may have other depots/yards we don’t know about. And remember they are transported on truck with a handful at a time.
- Cars are not trucked away in a particular order requested by them, it’s up to the logistics company
- He said expect a booking soon. Soon is relative, could be tomorrow, could be 23rd August 2029(it’s sooner than 8th July 2070)

Rest assured you’ll hear from me when I get the booking. 😂 if anyone wants to be tagged on that particular post, do quote me so I’ll add your post to my bookmarks.

For FA Melbourne and Adelaide people, here’s what I got from my little chit chat with old mate.

- The cars will be entered on to RAV when they are compliant. (But they are already entered, so..)
- We will get the booking text when our particular car is on the way to the DC. The keyword being DC, they may have other depots/yards we don’t know about. And remember they are transported on truck with a handful at a time.
- Cars are not trucked away in a particular order requested by them, it’s up to the logistics company
- He said expect a booking soon. Soon is relative, could be tomorrow, could be 23rd August 2029(it’s sooner than 8th July 2070)

Rest assured you’ll hear from me when I get the booking. 😂 if anyone wants to be tagged on that particular post, do quote me so I’ll add your post to my bookmarks.
Haha no need to tag, I haven’t let a single post get by me on this forum since November 😂

Awesome work, and yes please tag me, just incase I miss an update between screen refreshs (every 5min atm) 😅

• Helpful
Reactions: Rosier
Earlier today my EDD changed FROM 4 Feb - 11 Mar TO 20 Feb - 27 Mar. Oh well, I thought.

Just received the 'please schedule delivery' text. I'm booked to collect on Thursday, 22 Feb (the second day available to me - am babysitting the grand-daughter on 21 Feb).

So that's exciting. And weird. Because the date I've just been offered is well within the EDD range that was in the app BEFORE the update this morning. I guess that my car got to the top of a list or the front of a queue somewhere. Or something. Don't really care. I've got a date!

Earlier today my EDD changed FROM 4 Feb - 11 Mar TO 20 Feb - 27 Mar. Oh well, I thought.

Just received the 'please schedule delivery' text. I'm booked to collect on Thursday, 22 Feb (the second day available to me - am babysitting the grand-daughter on 21 Feb).

So that's exciting. And weird. Because the date I've just been offered is well within the EDD range that was in the app BEFORE the update this morning. I guess that my car got to the top of a list or the front of a queue somewhere. Or something. Don't really care. I've got a date!
Congrats prof. It’s been a journey I’m sure. Does this mean you’ll be taking the m3 on your hunter valley trip?