Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me, I'll just keep waiting (not yet 4 weeks since ordered). Trying to avoid pondering changes to my order as I see pictures of others' cars and wheels etc. Would be good to have some more clarity around where I am in the process, but c'est la vie. Seems like it will be nothing, nothing, more nothing and then ready.

Reactions: Gavo and airly
Me, I'll just keep waiting (not yet 4 weeks since ordered). Trying to avoid pondering changes to my order as I see pictures of others' cars and wheels etc. Would be good to have some more clarity around where I am in the process, but c'est la vie. Seems like it will be nothing, nothing, more nothing and then ready.
yep kick back, enjoy other aspects of life for a while. When things are lining up they will let you know via sms and email. Until then, stressing over it wont speed anything up so go with the flow :)

Reactions: TM3RWD and airly
Yeah, I don't think it has anything to do with that either, based on who was waiting previously. By the time they ask for payment you are really on the home stretch.

The most obvious answer is the most logical. This past 6-9 months have just been a shitty time to buy. The new Highland had production/deliveries shut down for months, leaving a backlog of eager customers. Then you had worldwide shipping disruption which is still ongoing and causing massive issues everywhere. On top of that we have local shipping quarantine and labour issues, both with the stink ship and other quarantine issues causing backlogs at all of our ports, coupled with strikes etc. Then if that wasn't enough we also had the parcel shelf debacle.

Tesla don't ship enough units to have their own dedicated shipping lines, from everything I have seen and heard I suspect that Tesla pay a logistics company to move the vehicles from point A (Shanghai) to the various delivery centers. Tesla likely have zero visibility or control over what happens between those points. With all the upheavals deliveries have been spread over more ships than they usually have been and we've seen several mistakes made where vehicles were delivered to the wrong ports etc.

All I can say for those in the waiting game, I do feel for you, I was there, defintely pass your feedback on to Tesla in a constructive way, but the situation as many have pointed out is far from unique to Tesla. When you get the car, you will love it and all of these, really minor issues in the grand scheme of things, will be forgotten.

I'd be curious to know if anyone waiting longer than 4 weeks paid in cash.
There may be more factors into delivery scheduling than just FIFO.
🤣🤣🤣 Ordered Mar22, invoiced & vin'd Nov22 paid cash Dec22 delivered Feb23. 🤣🤣🤣 Insert "boat failed bug inspection" day after making payment and again 2 weeks later. Third time lucky. We raced forklifts while we were waiting, and still think it was worth the wait. In fact so many new experiences and education found on this forum while waiting, I still lurk.

I hope they send them back to giga china on an empty ship to reuse on new M3s for other markets as I hate waste
I asked Tesla DC when they called to give me an EDD to my door as I’m 250km+ from any DC. She said she didn’t know what happens to the removed parcel shelves reuse or recycling wise as some get damaged on removal but I said if there was speakers and lightbar they should at least get redeployed or sold for reuse

There is an idea that it may be better to wait until you get the model you want in inventory and then order that one directly. Also, rwds are usually delivered faster. Also, don't take white, as this will lead to half a year wait with unknown outcomes. You may lose your financing, for example. Also, if you think you would be happy with byd seal, just go for it, you will get it quicker and simpler.
I ordered a RWD white exterior with std wheels and interior thinking it would be faster but not sure as it is the cheapest and most popular too. I ordered mid Dec and getting it next week so despite Xmas shutdowns, a boatload turned back and stop sales order causing all parcel shelves to be replaced on arrival to sell here, it took like one and half months! I think it will only get quicker from here despite us being a tiny remote RHS steering wheel market that now needs special parcel shelves

I ordered a RWD white exterior with std wheels and interior thinking it would be faster but not sure as it is the cheapest and most popular too. I ordered mid Dec and getting it next week so despite Xmas shutdowns, a boatload turned back and stop sales order causing all parcel shelves to be replaced on arrival to sell here, it took like one and half months! I think it will only get quicker from here despite us being a tiny remote RHS steering wheel market that now needs special parcel shelves
Has anyone used that centre tether point yet?
Pics or it didn’t happen.

Many have tried.
Many have failed.
You might be the chosen one.
Keep trying :)
No, there are clearly certain rules. For example, when they start shuffling the delivery range fast, it likely means they are aiming to improve their performance indicators, and they eventually will deliver sooner. If they shift it with no shuffling, it likely means they just don't want to bother and don't give a tiny . about whatever is happening. There are no miracles. As almost anyone who is not interested financially in improving their performance, they wait until totally overloaded, then take a holiday, then get nonono-atata from their bosses, then they start working a tiny bit faster to resolve the crisis, then they get benefit from resolving the crisis "timely and professionally". Again, there are no miracles. There are no teslas delivered in enclosed containers with impact protection, constant temperature and humidity and zero gravity. There are no hundreds or even tens of deliveries per day caused by their unbearable desire to make you happy. They don't want to make you happy. More often than not they enjoy making you unhappy - same as those weirdos scratching cars with keys. Get real. This is just another crappy company selling cars, the only difference with them is they cannot cheat you easily because they are owned by a psychopath, and it is good and bad at the same time. Since they can't cheat you, they get a benefit from you in a different way.
Nevertheless, teslas seem to be well-engineered cars with some experience behind. They are not Christmas tree-like low-quality inventions, they are minimalistic, but functional, beautiful, but not banal, and seem to be fairly reliable. In any case, it is better to get bitter before you finally purchase something than after. It manages your expectations.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Riasta and bsbh
Not sure if anybody else is in the same boat, but I received the message and email on 28/02 saying a vehicle had been assigned to me and what vessel it’s on. But haven’t received anything since. Seeing as though others got abit more info last week, when a few of us Sydney folks got the email - I decided messaged Tesla today to ask when I’d get the VIN, and they’ve responded with my VIN.

No additional paperwork to be completed and no further details in the Tesla app.

At this point, all I know is that my car is on the Viking Passama, due to arrive later in the week.🤷‍♂️