Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone used that centre tether point yet?
Pics or it didn’t happen.

I opened the flap to look under just to confirm that there's a tether there (there is). First use in anger (on the side, not in the centre) will be some time in the next week or two when the 'other' car goes to its new home. Grand-daughter can admire the Tesla from the outside until then.

Reactions: dronus
I’m sure this is true for all Teslas with a frunk but I just noticed that the light in the frunk is actually an emergency release button.

There goes my plan to get a pet turtle for the frunk. I don’t want it to bump in to the button, pop the frunk and fly away.

IMG_5776.jpeg

I’m sure this is true for all Teslas with a frunk but I just noticed that the light in the frunk is actually an emergency release button.

There goes my plan to get a pet turtle for the frunk. I don’t want it to bump in to the button, pop the frunk and fly away.

View attachment 1024105
Yeah it lights up! I saw it when i was putting the frunk suction thing in..

Can always get a pet bat instead

Im really interested to hear how yours lines up. Im still not happy that my bonnet is 100% lined up. If i didnt point it out no one would notice it... but i do...

Speaking of bonnet... how close is the top lip of your bonnet (right in the middle) to the wiper arm. Mine is uncomfortably close. I'm worried that at speed in rain the bonnet may flex down just a fraction and touch the wiper arm.

Yeah it lights up! I saw it when i was putting the frunk suction thing in..

Can always get a pet bat instead
I thought it was just a flood light so you could see your turtle. Didn’t realise it was a button until today.
Speaking of bonnet... how close is the top lip of your bonnet (right in the middle) to the wiper arm. Mine is uncomfortably close. I'm worried that at speed in rain the bonnet may flex down just a fraction and touch the wiper arm.
Mine is close too but I don’t the frunk will bend even slightly at the speeds the car can do, even at 200km/h. I think they’ve tucked in the wipers for aero and noise reasons.

Hahahahaha. It would be hard trying to keep a straight face while saying "it was worth it" hahaha
I hired a farily new toyota corolla hybrid on a business trip lately. It is ok to drive, comfortable, lane assist and TACC work well, all good. But still, what is the sense in all this hybrid machinery, which is more complex (and, subsequently, less reliable) than ICE and electric separately? It still consumes 4.7 litres of petrol per 100 km, it still cannot go on the battery only, it is expensive. Again, my civic does 4 litres of diesel per 100 km with no hybrid-schmybrid whatsoever, and it accelerates faster... Of course it does not have all that latest driving support technology, but I just cannot see how "it was worth it" can be applied to hybrids. I see sense in full EV for commuting and large diesel for moving large things (trailer, camper) to large distances and remote places. But hybrids are just beyond my comprehension, and for the technology level of drivetrain they seem to have stuck in 2014.

Reactions: MacTessy and dronus
Aff, I may have complained too much about the lack of movement in my EDD (it was Jan-Mar since order date in Dec 27th), my EDD has finally moved but it 's much worse now, it has changed to between April 20 - May 26. :eek: (well, at least I won't be driving the Toyota Yaris Hybrid Cross after the wait is over :p)

Reactions: dronus
I hired a farily new toyota corolla hybrid on a business trip lately. It is ok to drive, comfortable, lane assist and TACC work well, all good. But still, what is the sense in all this hybrid machinery, which is more complex (and, subsequently, less reliable) than ICE and electric separately? It still consumes 4.7 litres of petrol per 100 km, it still cannot go on the battery only, it is expensive. Again, my civic does 4 litres of diesel per 100 km with no hybrid-schmybrid whatsoever, and it accelerates faster... Of course it does not have all that latest driving support technology, but I just cannot see how "it was worth it" can be applied to hybrids. I see sense in full EV for commuting and large diesel for moving large things (trailer, camper) to large distances and remote places. But hybrids are just beyond my comprehension, and for the technology level of drivetrain they seem to have stuck in 2014.
Hybrid made sense 10-15 years ago, well past it's used-by date now.

Not sure if anybody else is in the same boat, but I received the message and email on 28/02 saying a vehicle had been assigned to me and what vessel it’s on. But haven’t received anything since. Seeing as though others got abit more info last week, when a few of us Sydney folks got the email - I decided messaged Tesla today to ask when I’d get the VIN, and they’ve responded with my VIN.

No additional paperwork to be completed and no further details in the Tesla app.

At this point, all I know is that my car is on the Viking Passama, due to arrive later in the week.🤷‍♂️
Only a week for shipment?!