Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if anybody else is in the same boat, but I received the message and email on 28/02 saying a vehicle had been assigned to me and what vessel it’s on. But haven’t received anything since. Seeing as though others got abit more info last week, when a few of us Sydney folks got the email - I decided messaged Tesla today to ask when I’d get the VIN, and they’ve responded with my VIN.

No additional paperwork to be completed and no further details in the Tesla app.

At this point, all I know is that my car is on the Viking Passama, due to arrive later in the week.🤷‍♂️
Yep on the same boat. It’s pretty damn close to docking at Brisbane! Got my VIN via sms today.

Almost there!

IMG_2634.png

I wish! Sadly I placed the order on 31/12. But since receiving the message saying a vehicle had been assigned last week, got no further info so decided to ask Tesla about the VIN, to which they just messaged it to me in the thread.
You better get mentally ready for months of radio silence...
By the way, saw two Highlands today in Adelaide. One white, one grey.

I'm currently trying to grasp an understanding of the delivery of Model 3s. Are these lengthy time frames due to the stop in production for this model because the car breached the tether anchor point issues in mid January?
Several things happened,

A new model was released, existing irders converted to highland.

The first batches of cars were left hand drive for europe so it was months before ours were built and shipped. They were all getting built in shanghai

At the same time a main supply of model y was delayed and turned around with stinkbugs.

Some ships came, but didnt have many model 3

Some more ships came but had the wrong cars for the destination ports

The bulk of the cars arrived, but the ports were conjesred and there was strike sction.

The cars started getting sent to DCs but were put on hold due to shelf-gate

Now the DCs are flooded and model 3 and Y cars are piling up in storage yards awaiting delivery.

Reactions: ConnorMcleod
Several things happened,

A new model was released, existing irders converted to highland.

The first batches of cars were left hand drive for europe so it was months before ours were built and shipped. They were all getting built in shanghai

At the same time a main supply of model y was delayed and turned around with stinkbugs.

Some ships came, but didnt have many model 3

Some more ships came but had the wrong cars for the destination ports

The bulk of the cars arrived, but the ports were conjesred and there was strike sction.

The cars started getting sent to DCs but were put on hold due to shelf-gate

Now the DCs are flooded and model 3 and Y cars are piling up in storage yards awaiting delivery.
Ahhh right gotcha! Any chance people that ordered in early March can get lucky and get it by May?

Reactions: Bonquopg and dronus