Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Think about what would happen to your car during 2-3 month stay in an open yard somewhere you don’t know waiting for delivery.
Especially in ‘Lizbeff!

Also, Do you remember seeing that photo of the rear of the black m3h in adelaide that was covered in bug guts when it got offloaded from the truck? Yeoswers!

I get uncomfortable now leaving my car parked in the sun without the cabin overtemp turned on. I probsbly shouldnt be so touchy about it. The car will regulate the battery temp to keep it safe. A bit of extra heat in the cabin will just make all the pubes curl up and kill all the nits/lice/crabs

• Funny
Reactions: thiibss and sishome
I'm wondering is this why it takes so long to deliver them? Think about scraping all that stuff from all over the car...
Maybe.
I recently drove that road from Melbourne to adelaide (ok well it was ballarat) and the front of my car didnt look that bad haha. Then again i was going forwards so my drag coefficient would have been bonza.
Makes you wonder if using a train would be any better but i guess they have their logistic reasons, plus need trucks to offload them anyway and its all moot if the DC is flat out trying to deliver.

Maybe.
I recently drove that road from Melbourne to adelaide (ok well it was ballarat) and the front of my car didnt look that bad haha. Then again i was going forwards so my drag coefficient would have been bonza.
Makes you wonder if using a train would be any better but i guess they have their logistic reasons, plus need trucks to offload them anyway and its all moot if the DC is flat out trying to deliver.
Maybe a New bigger DC located near where the interstate rail terminal is (at keswick or mile end?).

Reactions: thiibss
I saw a TikTok of a delivery centre in Paris yesterday. They are pumping hundreds of cars out a day and getting as many delivered daily to their DC. Tesla doesn't seem to give a damn about Australia.

A mate of mine lives in Belgium and ordered his mid-Feb - delivered within 10 days. Built date January 2024! Meanwhile, there is me here with a M3H built in December, docked in Australia at the end of January and it is now cooking in the sun and collecting dust in Elizabeth. It's so frustrating. The lack of communication from them is probably the worst part.

I saw a TikTok of a delivery centre in Paris yesterday. They are pumping hundreds of cars out a day and getting as many delivered daily to their DC. Tesla doesn't seem to give a damn about Australia.

A mate of mine lives in Belgium and ordered his mid-Feb - delivered within 10 days. Built date January 2024! Meanwhile, there is me here with a M3H built in December, docked in Australia at the end of January and it is now cooking in the sun and collecting dust in Elizabeth. It's so frustrating. The lack of communication from them is probably the worst part.
Yeah different scale of economy i guess. Was your friends a m3h or my ? Is belgium LHD or RHD?

I sent Tesla a text this morning querying about the delays, 20 minutes later, I got a text saying that my car was on transit from Melbourne to Adelaide. Delivery booked in for the 28th March 10 am! About bloody time.
Must be getting a bunch processed today as i got a message about an hour ago and am booked in for pick up on the 23rd March! exciting times :)