Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
G'day all!

New member, first time owner (soon).

Thought I'd check in.

• Ordered 5 Mar (White M3 LR, 18" Photons, black interior)
  • VIN assigned and informed car was on the Orchid Ace
  • Build date 23 Feb
  • MOLACE showing the Orchid Ace due at Port Kembla 7 April, but the ship has gone back to Shanghai from Singapore. Keen to learn how often this happens and if it's likely to come back to Australia directly or stop again via Singapore
  • I seem very lucky so far, I've read some folks who ordered mid-December also have their cars on this ship
  • The VIN is not visible through the Tesla app, only through the Invoice and rego paperwork
  • No due date in the app
I remember a year or so ago visiting this forum and being amused that you folks would track ships, now here I am :D

Reactions: ConnorMcleod
G'day all!

Thought I'd check in.

• Build date 23 Feb
  • MOLACE showing the Orchid Ace due at Port Kembla 7 April, but the ship has gone back to Shanghai from Singapore. Keen to learn how often this happens and if it's likely to come back to Australia directly or stop again via Singapore
  • I seem very lucky so far, I've read some folks who ordered mid-December also have their cars on this ship
  • The VIN is not visible through the Tesla app, only through the Invoice and rego paperwork
  • No due date in the app
I remember a year or so ago visiting this forum and being amused that you folks would track ships, now here I am :D
Wow you are super lucky because I ordered on the 2nd March and still don't have a VIN and no other updates yet...

Hi All -

I'm a newbie here. I just ordered one RWD / Ultra Red / 18" Photon Wheels / Black Interior ... on 2nd March. What should my realistic expectations be in terms of receiving a VIN and the actual car? Just so that I don't look at my app several times a day... :)

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Bonquopg
All downhill?
Yeah mate, 13km of that 19 was downhill. Sweet as. I plugged the destination in to the navigation and it told me I'd arrive with more SOC than I had at the time. I thought it was an error and I didn't have any cell reception there, I was in the middle of nowhere, so I couldn't look up on ABRP. Went with it anyway. What's the worst that could happened. Also ended up doing about 10km of dirt roads(I know its too early for that).

_DSC1662.jpg

Here's another tail-light pic. This photo was taken after 10kms of dirt roads, so thank you pearl white! Could use some mudguards though

Hi All -

I'm a newbie here. I just ordered one RWD / Ultra Red / 18" Photon Wheels / Black Interior ... on 2nd March. What should my realistic expectations be in terms of receiving a VIN and the actual car? Just so that I don't look at my app several times a day... :)

Thanks in advance
Welcome - I ordered a RWD but in White with same wheels and interior on the same day!

I am still waiting for my VIN and unfortunately seems like it could take a few weeks based on other people's experiences.

I heard that the deliveries are coming in thick and fast as they are still processing deliveries for people that have ordered last year but bear in mind deliveries for the 2024 Model 3 only began in January, with the added bonus of a couple of weeks stoppage due to the child seat issue, so they are playing catch up at the moment.

I am waiting on my Tesla salesman to give me a ring today about potentially securing a car that is in their inventory at the moment.

Hi All -

Thanks in advance
It might not feel like it while you are waiting, however the estimated delivery timeframe in your app is usually pretty accurate. Just remember, it is a window and is likely at any time in that window.
Sit back and enjoy the ride :)

G'day all!

Thought I'd check in.

• Build date 23 Feb
  • No due date in the app
Same model and build date as mine (ordered 6 Feb). Coming to Perth and no vessel named yet. You seem to have landed in the express lane.

This might make it easier for you not to fill in time buying accessories ;)

Reactions: ConnorMcleod