Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Soon to be new Model 3 Highland owner which is our first EV (black with black interior RWD). Ordered on 1/3/24 and picking up from Southport.
Email from Tesla on 5/3/24 indicated that the vehicle was assigned and was on the Orchid Ace however a search using the VIN, which is the same number on multiple documents and via the hidden check on the website, says the Orca Ace. I am hoping the Orca Ace is correct as it is on its way and expected in Brisbane on 11/4/24.

Anyone else find a different vessel when searching compared to what Tesla said?
Out of interest did you purchase from ‘existing inventory’ or did you configure the car from scratch and order?

And this finally happened yesterday...
  • I'm very happy with color choice and car.
  • The staff at Adelaide DC were very friendly.
  • I picked up early arvo on Friday, and it didn't seem like there were many people picking up cars at that time.
  • There is a crap load of Model Y's getting ready for delivery (parked at the back) + there was a truck unloading Y's as I left.
  • The aero covers have already been taken off and replaced with nut covers etc..

1710584072922.png

• I picked up early arvo on Friday, and it didn't seem like there were many people picking up cars at that time.
  • There is a crap load of Model Y's getting ready for delivery (parked at the back) + there was a truck unloading Y's as I left.
  • The aero covers have already been taken off and replaced with nut covers etc..

View attachment 1028573
Congrats! And you got the XD plates too :D
Looks awesome

This is what I was worried about. Today one of two cars we have broke. The other one is 1000 km away from service. On delivery I will tell them everything what I think about them.

View attachment 1028573
Congrats Aaron, enjoy your ride

Reactions: aaron.m
Interesting this - Queensland Gold Coast is showing these 3 cars in it's inventory as 2023 models but they are the Highland models. I didn't think there were any highlands imported into Australia until Jan this year or am I wrong?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 7.04.38 am.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 7.04.38 am.png
    453.6 KB · Views: 11
Interesting this - Queensland Gold Coast is showing these 3 cars in it's inventory as 2023 models but they are the Highland models. I didn't think there were any highlands imported into Australia until Jan this year or am I wrong?
The RHD highland model started production in December 2023. The LHD model was in September at some stage.
Many of us that had orders in for the older 2023 model had to convert our orders to the highland on September 1. Even though it was a long wait im glad it worked out this way.
You might see 2023.5 models, these are the first highlands and earlier orders (mine included)

Reactions: ConnorMcleod
Just been through the turbo of VIN Allocated, and the worlds supply of dealer and bank paperwork. Got to say the Tesla team have been great to work with, answering questions, setting up delivery timings etc. If CommBank pull their finger out in time, she will hopefully be registered and ready for pick up Tuesday afternoon! Pics to follow or it isn’t real.

Last edited:
Just been through the turbo of VIN Allocated, and the worlds supply of dealer and bank paperwork. Got to say the Tesla team have been great to work with, answering questions, setting up delivery timings etc. If CommBank pull their finger out in time, she will hopefully be registered and ready for pick up Tuesday afternoon! Pics to follow or it isn’t real.
Looking forward to the pics! You ordered yours a week before I did so hoping I’m not too far behind :)

Reactions: ConnorMcleod
Damn many people getting lucky with such quick turnarounds whilst me & kmsyd777 are still chilling with no updates or whatsoever.

I think it depends on the shipping consignment having a car onboard with your purchase spec. I dropped the dual motor option for that reason, but also because I watched a good technical video that suggested the dual motor moved the dominant drive power, from rear wheel drive to front wheel drive! You've got a popular option Matt; white paint, black upholstery, etc. So maybe you got just unlucky? Fingers crossed!

Congrats! And you got the XD plates too :D
Looks awesome
Disliked the wheel hubs so much I nearly didn't buy the car. :) Got the Nova mags instead. I noticed the trickle charger when you picked up. Did the car come fully charged and was the software on the latest release?

View attachment 1028573
That red… damn sexy. Sorry, s3xy.

Just came down here to Rochedale to check out the only Supercharger for 100km. This place is full of Tesla's. 😂

Seen about two dozen floating around here.

Any of you lot down here? Me and the missus are at the Cache Cache Cafe enjoying afternoon tea if you see this message and want to come talk Tesla. 😂

Reactions: dronus
Just came down here to Rochedale to check out the only Supercharger for 100km. This place is full of Tesla's. 😂

Seen about two dozen floating around here.

Any of you lot down here? Me and the missus are at the Cache Cache Cafe enjoying afternoon tea if you see this message and want to come talk Tesla. 😂
I am just a little further south, lol.

I did do a drive up there last year though and was shocked at the number of Teslas around. I hadn't been up for around 10 months at that point and apart from my nephew who had just purchased one there were hardly any around so the increase was quite noticable.

Reactions: dronus