Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another question for the group. How does one go about getting a custom number plate for their car as part of the ordering process? The Tesla process only allowed me to select transferring an old plate, or the standard red on white QLD plate.

For my car, I was really hoping to get the white on black plate. Is that something I can arrange as part of the ordering process, or do I need to do that with Transport & Main Roads externally to Tesla?

Another question for the group. How does one go about getting a custom number plate for their car as part of the ordering process? The Tesla process only allowed me to select transferring an old plate, or the standard red on white QLD plate.

For my car, I was really hoping to get the white on black plate. Is that something I can arrange as part of the ordering process, or do I need to do that with Transport & Main Roads externally to Tesla?
Have a chat with your Service Advisor or reply to the sms Tesla sent you, they will be able to organise premium plates.
Thats how it is in South Australia anyways,,

Soon to be new Model 3 Highland owner which is our first EV (black with black interior RWD). Ordered on 1/3/24 and picking up from Southport.
Email from Tesla on 5/3/24 indicated that the vehicle was assigned and was on the Orchid Ace however a search using the VIN, which is the same number on multiple documents and via the hidden check on the website, says the Orca Ace. I am hoping the Orca Ace is correct as it is on its way and expected in Brisbane on 11/4/24.

Anyone else find a different vessel when searching compared to what Tesla said?

Soon to be new Model 3 Highland owner which is our first EV (black with black interior RWD). Ordered on 1/3/24 and picking up from Southport.
Email from Tesla on 5/3/24 indicated that the vehicle was assigned and was on the Orchid Ace however a search using the VIN, which is the same number on multiple documents and via the hidden check on the website, says the Orca Ace. I am hoping the Orca Ace is correct as it is on its way and expected in Brisbane on 11/4/24.

Ohh that was quick! I ordered on 2/3 and still waiting for any sort of an update ...

May I ask how did you find out when it's getting to Brisbane on 11/4? From what I can see it's getting to Melb on 22/3, assuming 2 days for turnaround, another 4-5 days to Port Kembla, 2 days turnaround, another 3 days to Brisbane, it should get to Brisbane a lot quicker?

May I ask how did you find out when it's getting to Brisbane on 11/4? From what I can see it's getting to Melb on 22/3, assuming 2 days for turnaround, another 4-5 days to Port Kembla, 2 days turnaround, another 3 days to Brisbane, it should get to Brisbane a lot quicker?
That was the info in relation to the Orca Ace that came up after the VIN search.

1710552160846.png

I keep getting sent pictures of model 3 highlands around Adelaide hahaha like im some sort of photo collection agency hahha.

Just got sent one of a nice blue one with a unique 3 related number plate if that was anyone here :)

lol, yeah I'm starting to see heaps around now. At least four people in my building with highlands now (including a certain high ranking officer who returned to her car with about 23 sentry events all with someone who looked remarkedly like me pulling faces into all of the cameras. No idea why she thought I'd do something like that :p )

there are 2 different ACE...

Orchid ace

Orca ACE

Oh wow. Lucky you. I ordered the exact same car on the exact same day and am still yet to hear a peep out of Tesla...

You do it through PPQ (https://www.ppq.com.au/). You can "restyle" an existing plate combination that you already have which is $175, or you can create a personalised plate which starts at $495. You can also order an accessory plate (for bike carrier, etc) at this point which I think is $30.

Just have to be patient. Some folk who ordered in 2023 have only just gotten delivery dates.

I'm hoping that Mr Miserable from the Shipping Movements thread is accurate and Don Juan is a Tesla delivery. Due in Brisbane on the 22-23/03. Hopefully a VIN shower in a day or so - others seem to occur as the ship passes PNG. Orchid Ace was different in that plenty of people seemed tp get their VIN while it was still enroute from Singapore to Shanghai.