Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A quick question - the extra charging cable that we may have to buy to charge at public charge points - does it need to be single phase or 3 phase? Thanks in advance
In all honesty, I don't think you will need an extra charging cable for public charging stations as most of them have the cable. Best to check where you will be mostly public charging from and see if they have a cable already attached. If not, in most cases it's a ccs2 to ccs2 cable you will need

Reactions: Jules22
A quick question - the extra charging cable that we may have to buy to charge at public charge points - does it need to be single phase or 3 phase? Thanks in advance
Get the 3 phase cable so if the type 2 outlet is 22kw you will get that instead of 7kw.

In SA many of the smaller RAA sites are BYO cable so it pays to keep one in your boot.

Like this

Reactions: kmsyd777
Get the 3 phase cable so if the type 2 outlet is 22kw you will get that instead of 7kw.

In SA many of the smaller RAA sites are BYO cable so it pays to keep one in your boot.

Like this

is a 5m cable enough for most charging places, 7m seems quite a bit more expensive!

Reactions: dronus
is a 5m cable enough for most charging places, 7m seems quite a bit more expensive!
5m is heaps, most chargers you are backing up to so it’s plenty. The evse on comes in this bag to keep it all neat and tidy.
I’ve used it a few times, feels very solid and high quality.

IMG_9907.jpeg
IMG_9908.jpeg

Reactions: kmsyd777

Like this

Omg, so now I need another charge cable. I thought all charging stations had a cable, sigh, another $500

First day charging experience - even though I have a home charging solution, I went for a drive around where I live and thought that I'll experiment with public charging. There is a free 7 KW charger (4 chargers, 2 were available) at the local shopping centre - but they all needed a cable. Then I drove to a my gym, they offer free 7 Kw charging as well, but that needed a cable too. Next stop was Tesla destination charger #1 at another shopping centre - they had 2, both were occupied with 3 cars in wait. So gave up and went to a Jolt charger, I must have tried for 15 min but couldn't get it to work even though the app said that it was working alright, for some reason it just wouldn't physically connect to the car - it went all the way in (CCS2, DC) but the app kept giving me error. Then I drove to a Tesla destination charger #2 but experienced the first ICEing of my life - so that was fun. I gave up and then came back home... lol! I've decided to use the one at home tomorrow when my solar is in full swing... :D

Ohh I was after a pic of your car haha.

There is a charge on solar thread, those guys might be able to help.

But I’d be doing that software update and also check to make sure your app is up to date. There was something about rebooting phone or logging out and in or something, I’m not sure, I’m still waiting to get solar.

Anyone else following along that isn’t aware, on Apple phones the app doesn’t auto update. Even if you search for the app in the App Store it will say “open” but if you click on the app description it will say “update” if one is available.
Updated this morning after all previous attempts have been properly cancelled out. I don’t think there was an external influence, she’s sorted herself on her own.

Attachments

• IMG_8935.jpeg
    IMG_8935.jpeg
    377 KB · Views: 8
  • Love
Charging it from solar is fun. Nevertheless, this is not the first rural long-commute tesla in my area. I see more and more of those. What’s even more interesting, I often see a bloke who drives mitsi i-miev here!

Charging setup: 32A outdoor socket, 32A adapter from evchargers, Tesla umc “semi-permanently” attached to it, cable hook is $11 from bunnings as matches black-orange colour palette beautifully.

Reactions: 0xZoom and dronus
I thought that EVs didn't need any service or is it not the case? This video is about BYD btw, not sure if the same applies to Tesla as well. I haven't heard that this is the case but just wanted to check. Thanks
Nope, just like most things in a BYD they exist to make the owner feel like they still own an ICE car. The gold service log book is pretty funny.

Reactions: Jules22