Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome, I have same configuration but in Ultra Red, ordered 23rd of Feb and still EDD is Feb-April. I am from Melbourne too :) hope our vehicles hit the delivery date soon.

Welcome to the Future Tesla Owner page Gavarse. I ordered my M3 LR Blk with white and 18in wheels on Mar 11, with the same EDD as you. Still dont have a Vin assigned. This is a great forum, plenty of action, and lots of information to take on board. Add your car and details in your signature, that way other members can see you M3 details and not have to ask you every time.

Sure

If the vehicle is already registered in Australia, then you can have a look at https://rover.infrastructure.gov.au/Produce/wizard/0e72b571-5c02-4014-a35d-e5fe19dbba03 (or the older website: https://rav.infrastructure.gov.au/ )

But as you have the VIN now, you should receive the Final Invoice in a day or 2 (I received mine in a day after I saw my VIN), I am still waiting for the car and I don't have a final delivery date yet. Have you checked in the documents section of the app/website if there is anything already available to you?
Nothing is showing up for me on either of those sites, so I guess the car isn't formally registered with TMR.

No documents are showing up yet. But I'm confident I will have the final invoice by early next week at the latest. Just worried it will show up late and my financing might delay collection.

Nothing is showing up for me on either of those sites, so I guess the car isn't formally registered with TMR.

No documents are showing up yet. But I'm confident I will have the final invoice by early next week at the latest. Just worried it will show up late and my financing might delay collection.
One of the documents that Tesla send you is the TMR vehicle registration form which is about 90% prefilled. You complete it, sign it and send to Tesla who register the car with TMR.

I've asked how I transfer my current plates (assume that need to complete TMR remove plates form and get a set of generics, and supply a TMR attach plates form to Tesla, and then take the plates along on delivery day). Waiting for an answer.

One of the documents that Tesla send you is the TMR vehicle registration form which is about 90% prefilled. You complete it, sign it and send to Tesla who register the car with TMR.

I've asked how I transfer my current plates (assume that need to complete TMR remove plates form and get a set of generics, and supply a TMR attach plates form to Tesla, and then take the plates along on delivery day). Waiting for an answer.
I believe Tesla will direct you to do the transfer after delivery complete separate from them and their process.

• Informative
Reactions: mcv75

That makes sense. I guess I will just keep an eye out for stuff to appear. Now that I know for sure my car is unloading early next week, I am more relaxed in terms of the process. Now only worried that something I do might delay the delivery.

I won't be sticking with the plates I am assigned next week. I want to go through PPQ and get custom plates for the first time ever. Since I am keen to FINALLY live out my childhood fantasy of owning a talking self driving (almost) vehicle that's gloss black and is super smart, I am going to get custom yellow on blue plates to reflect the classic California KNIGHT plates featured in the original Knight Rider. 😂

Reactions: mcv75
Yep. Would line up well with the ship PAGANELLA which is now on its way to Brisbane after a detour via Japan. Due around 22/04 and then on to Pt Kembla and Melbourne.

Overnight, an "Application for Vehicle Registration" (QLD) document appeared in my account, and the document contains a VIN.
This all seems incredibly rapid, based on most other stories on here.
There is no obvious action to take with the form - it is just pre-filled with information from the "Delivery Tasks" which I completed in the app.

No VIN is showing in the app itself, and delivery date remains as May 9-30, just like when I placed the order yesterday.

Is there any way to check if the VIN on the registration document is on Paganella?

I believe Tesla will direct you to do the transfer after delivery complete separate from them and their process.
Yep. Telstra confirmed. They only transfer plates when you are trading in with them.

Is there any way to check if the VIN on the registration document is on Paganella?
In a day or so you will get an email from Tesla letting you know:
1712790510897.png

Overnight, an "Application for Vehicle Registration" (QLD) document appeared in my account, and the document contains a VIN.
This all seems incredibly rapid, based on most other stories on here.
There is no obvious action to take with the form - it is just pre-filled with information from the "Delivery Tasks" which I completed in the app.

No VIN is showing in the app itself, and delivery date remains as May 9-30, just like when I placed the order yesterday.

you definitely got a stock one (either already in Australia or arriving soon), I got my VIN more than a month ago (in NSW registration and Invoice documents) but this still doesn't appear on the website or app so I'd say it's "normal". 🤪

If your car is in a molace ship (most are), you can check the vessel name and when it's arriving (or if have already arrived) in this website:
www.molace.com/TRK/Search

Change the "Search by" to VIN and paste your VIN in the field (then, after the search, click on "Itinerary" to know more details of it)

you definitely got a stock one (either already in Australia or arriving soon), I got my VIN more than a month ago (in NSW registration and Invoice documents) but this still doesn't appear on the website or app so I'd say it's "normal". 🤪

If your car is in a molace ship (most are), you can check the vessel name and when it's arriving (or if have already arrived) in this website:
www.molace.com/TRK/Search

Change the "Search by" to VIN and paste your VIN in the field (then, after the search, click on "Itinerary" to know more details of it)

You guys are right, of course... I just got an email stating that the car is on the GRAND PACE vessel.

You guys are right, of course... I just got an email stating that the car is on the GRAND PACE vessel.
that's great! The ship is currently going to Melbourne (it is scheduled to arrive there on April 15th), it may then go up to Brisbane, you can check when it will arrive there if you place your VIN on the molace website (www.molace.com/TRK/Search), it will display the expected date of arrival in your destination.

that's great! The ship is currently going to Melbourne (it is scheduled to arrive there on April 15th), it may then go up to Brisbane, you can check when it will arrive there if you place your VIN on the molace website (www.molace.com/TRK/Search), it will display the expected date of arrival in your destination.

The speed continues to be amazing - I just received the final invoice. Build date of my car is 20th March 2024.

However, I do not get any matches when I search for the VIN on the molace website mentioned above. Also, when I look at the Vessel Schedule on that website, there is no information found for GRAND PACE. I know the ship in on its way to Melbourne, but the molace website seems to not know much about it, or my VIN.

I am not concerned, of course. All the other stuff has moved so fast for me, but I will not be able to accept delivery until the second week of May anyway so i'm happy for it to cruise a bit longer. After our test drive, we deferred purchase due to forthcoming travel. The sales advisor told us that it will take a month or more after ordering, so we deliberately waited to place the order a month before we will be able to collect the car.

So, current ships in action:
ORCHID ACE - Has visited Perth and Adelaide and on way to Pt Kembla ETA 13/04
MORNING CRYSTAL - Brisbane ETA 15/04 and then onward to Pt Kembla and Melbourne
GRAND PACE - Melbourne ETA 15/04 and likely onward to Pt Kembla and Brisbane
PAGANELLA - Likely partial Tesla shipment Brisbane ETA 22/04 and likely then onward to Pt Kembla and Melbourne
MORNING CRYSTAL (the return) - Shanghai 10/05, Brisbane 23/05, Pt Kembla 28/05 and Melbourne 31/05

A Tesla storm next week, a ship the week after and then it might be quiet for a month. Shout out to Mr Miserable's 2024 Shipping Movements thread. Well worth a visit.