Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it fair to say that if your car is on one of the ships arriving next week, you’d already have the VIN details?
Most likely but not always as they may have a few cancellations, in this scenario, the VINs will get reassigned or will go to "stock". There was a person in here that got a VIN assigned from a ship that had already left Australia a week before (probably from a cancellation)

Reactions: Mugster
In other news, got my Tesla trade-in valuation today, and am pretty chuffed they're offering me almost $10k for an 8 year old base model Toyota Yaris. Sure, could have gotten more with a private sale, but I'm happy with this. 😊

Also sent the tax invoice through to my NL company for the PPF wrap and ceramic coating. Just need the final invoice now, and that's my end of things done - until I get to pick a delivery date! 😂

Reactions: mcv75
So, current ships in action:
ORCHID ACE - Has visited Perth and Adelaide and on way to Pt Kembla ETA 13/04
MORNING CRYSTAL - Brisbane ETA 15/04 and then onward to Pt Kembla and Melbourne
GRAND PACE - Melbourne ETA 15/04 and likely onward to Pt Kembla and Brisbane
PAGANELLA - Likely partial Tesla shipment Brisbane ETA 22/04 and likely then onward to Pt Kembla and Melbourne
MORNING CRYSTAL (the return) - Shanghai 10/05, Brisbane 23/05, Pt Kembla 28/05 and Melbourne 31/05

A Tesla storm next week, a ship the week after and then it might be quiet for a month. Shout out to Mr Miserable's 2024 Shipping Movements thread. Well worth a visit.
Morning Crystal also due in Perth 26/4

• Informative
@BTRProducer you could check out the instant offer from CarSales.com.au
I got an offer from both Tesla & CarSales and Tesla's offer is 20% lower than carsales.
Ooohhh. Interesting. They are offering me almost 4k more than Tesla.

Now that complicates things. 😂

Edit to add: anyone else dealt with CarSales before? It is worth taking the punt on rejecting the Tesla offer and going with this? The reason I ask is this would solve one little problem we'd have, as the ceramic paint people need the Tesla for a whole week and we still need 2 cars. Could keep my current Yaris and then give it to CarSales the week after we get the Tesla back.

Last edited:
@BTRProducer 👋

Since I suggested that to you, isn't that a shame if I didn't use their service before recommending? 😂

They will refer you to a local dealer who will be buying the car from you.

You have up to 1 week to accept the offer. After accepting the offer, the next day, the car dealer will text/call you to arrange a time to inspect the car. In my case, after they've inspected the car, since everything matches with what I told them, they honor the price on the spot and spend another 30mins to sort out the paperwork. Money hit my bank account the next day.

Since you've 1 week to accept the offer, you could accept the offer on day 6 just before the offer expires. The next day arrange the time. And next available slot could be another 1-2 days away. If you time it well enough, theoretically you can hold the car for another 1-1.5 week before selling.

Or, you could also accept the offer today,
arrange the car inspection, see if the price remains the same.
And ask them if they can hold the offer for another a few day.
Interesting. We could put in the instant offer the day we take delivery of the Tesla, then sort everything else out while the detailer has the car and then do the inspection and paperwork when we get the Tesla back.

I will chat with the missus tonight and see if she agrees. 😂

Reactions: Jules22
She's almost here! 😂

1000026234.jpg

Ooohhh. Interesting. They are offering me almost 4k more than Tesla.
Winning. I just tried it with my current car and they were about $5K short of what I would want. There are 2 of identical spec to mine for sale on Carsales at the moment - one with about 50% mor Km and the other double the Km and they are both around $10K more than the Carsales instant offer. I would be able to list mine at a little over what I want for haggle space and still appear an attractive offer.

I sold a previous car using Manheim's Sell My Car and was happy with the offer. Certainly is a lot less hassle than selling privately!

Winning. I just tried it with my current car and they were about $5K short of what I would want. There are 2 of identical spec to mine for sale on Carsales at the moment - one with about 50% mor Km and the other double the Km and they are both around $10K more than the Carsales instant offer. I would be able to list mine at a little over what I want for haggle space and still appear an attractive offer.

I sold a previous car using Manheim's Sell My Car and was happy with the offer. Certainly is a lot less hassle than selling privately!
I tried instant offer on car sales, got a great instant offer but then after the dealer called me they just started low balling and saying “ohh.. it’s 6 months older than what’s popular.. that’s a few grand… when did you last put tyres on it blah blah blah. Went to list it on their site but that’s basically gumtree so after the first dozen morons asking me stupid questions I pulled that ad and sold it to another wholesaler. They bought it for a price in the middle, were fair, cash in the bank and tow truck came and picked it up.
Didn’t get top dollar but I’d sacrifice that to not have to deal with people during the sale, then them contacting me after. It’s a car, goodbye, got a new one.
I got more than my payout figure so did well.