Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the story with Morning Crystal. Was due to reach Brisbane on 11th at 8pm but appears to have stopped for well over a day now about 6hrs from port?
It's waiting for a berth to become available in the Port of Brisbane is my understanding. Will hang around off the coast of Caloundra till Monday morning, where it will move in and dock to begin unloading here around midday. Then midday Tuesday she's off again.

Reactions: teaslanxiety
Might be worth giving Tesla a call? If the 20th is a chance for delivery, there is only a couple of days for the NL paperwork and the invoice to be paid.
I did message them a couple of days ago, and they said the invoice is on track to be generated.

April 20 isn't an option for me, sadly. The high school musical I am directing right now is being performed that day, so I'm not free to collect. The missus has offered to do it if need be, but I know she'll just drive around all day messaging me while I'm at work telling me how great it is. 😂

I'm hoping for April 27 right now. That's my ideal date. Collect it then, drop it on for paint protection April 29, collect May 4, and enjoy some nice long drives over the 3 day weekend. 😊

I did message them a couple of days ago, and they said the invoice is on track to be generated.

April 20 isn't an option for me, sadly. The high school musical I am directing right now is being performed that day, so I'm not free to collect. The missus has offered to do it if need be, but I know she'll just drive around all day messaging me while I'm at work telling me how great it is. 😂

I'm hoping for April 27 right now. That's my ideal date. Collect it then, drop it on for paint protection April 29, collect May 4, and enjoy some nice long drives over the 3 day weekend. 😊
Aren't you better off getting it earlier and having it wrapped earlier, even if the other half gets it?

Oof, waiting a whole week unnecessarily is painful.

I've just found out something about VIN.

Since my EDD has been updated, I've been endlessly refreshing the page but there's no VIN showing up.

But then I realize that there's an "Application for Vehicle Registration" under documents section. and there's a VIN number on the form!!!
1712976787729.png

I have no idea if that would be the final VIN number going to be assigned. But it may help anyone who are looking for a VIN.

Also tried to search for the VIN on RoRo, but nothing showing up. :(

Reactions: Gavarse
Orchid Ace is almost at Port Kembla, should be there this arvo.

It will be a bit odd not being able to track the car and just waiting for Tesla's updates. I sure hope the car has enjoyed it's holiday all over Asia...
Is your EDD May 4 - May 25?
Im in Canberra too. My EDD updated to the above, but I don't have a VIN yet. Sounding like mine might not be on the Orchid Ace, but on one of the others arriving next week.

Is your EDD May 4 - May 25?
Im in Canberra too. My EDD updated to the above, but I don't have a VIN yet. Sounding like mine might not be on the Orchid Ace, but on one of the others arriving next week.
Same EDD for me and I got my VIN using the chrome extension and the source code, the other methods didn't find my VIN.

Looking at the chart someone posted a while ago, the only ship that fits the 4th May is Morning Crystal or Paganella, but I'd say MC is too early, Turandot and a 2nd trip for MC are far too late. So I'm thinking we're on Paganella. Gives them a week to get it from Kembla to Canberra by truck. Definitely doable.

1712979089468.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Mugster
Aren't you better off getting it earlier and having it wrapped earlier, even if the other half gets it?

Oof, waiting a whole week unnecessarily is painful.
The issue with April 20 isn't that the missus would get to drive it that day. That's just a bit of pain. 😂

The real issue is because of ANZAC Day that following week, the paint company would take until the following Monday, maybe Tuesday, to finish the job. Which means we'd be without it for that entire following weekend.

Not to mention I just can't see next Saturday as being viable. If my car isn't being unloaded until Monday or Tuesday of this week, I'd be surprised if it was ready and waiting at the dealership 4 days later.

But you're right. The wait is agonising. 😂

April 20 isn't an option for me, sadly. The high school musical I am directing right now is being performed that day, so I'm not free to collect. The missus has offered to do it if need be, but I know she'll just drive around all day messaging me while I'm at work telling me how
She will, and if she is like my wife, leave it for me to take it to the charger to top it off

I've just found out something about VIN.

Since my EDD has been updated, I've been endlessly refreshing the page but there's no VIN showing up.

But then I realize that there's an "Application for Vehicle Registration" under documents section. and there's a VIN number on the form!!!
View attachment 1038229

I have no idea if that would be the final VIN number going to be assigned. But it may help anyone who are looking for a VIN.

Also tried to search for the VIN on RoRo, but nothing showing up. :(
Thanks for update, yes I also have this document now, do we need to print this and sign?