Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah had a quick look for it earlier. No other documents for me yet sadly.
Does this URL show your VIN? https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/oxp-bff-api/user-orders

View attachment 1038233
I found my VIN yesterday with the Chrome Extension, and today, I have the ACT Registration Application all prefilled with a VIN.

So it will be interesting to see what comes next.

Model 3 LR / Highland / Ultra Red / Black interior / 19" Photons
Ordered 22nd February 2024 Canberra - EDD is FEB-APRIL May 4 - May 25 - VIN# Issue Date --

That's what I am planning on doing. Take delivery with the standard plates Tesla give me, then in the next month or so purchase my custom plates and fit them myself. 😊
Just a side point, I went to SCA and bought some anti-theft screws for my number plates. The kit comes with a selection of black screws but they were all too long for the slimline mount used on the m3h

I could grind them down but I lost interest and did something else. Can’t remember what it was and it probably doesn’t matter. Let’s just say I stared at the clouds. Moving on..

Worth noting tho.

In SA the numberplate surround is a smidge too big for our custom plates so it flops around and would likely end up falling off. I just took mine off. I was going to throw it in the creek, but that wouldn’t have been environmentally the best idea, then I considered the recycling bin but that was out the front of the house and I couldn’t be bothered walking there, so it’s in the shed somewhere. Or the dog ate it and pooped it into the creek. Cest la vie.

Ironically I spent quite a few hours of work time researching why this is the case and it turns out that SA’s approach in doing everything slightly different has left us with dimensionally smaller front plates.

You can, of course buy the correct ones from the government but like my children and my dog I choose to not reward bad behaviour.

I think in SA you can still use a palm pilot while driving, syncing your calendar via lotus notes or such… not relevant but moot.

• Funny
Reactions: Sturty and mcv75
Just a side point, I went to SCA and bought some anti-theft screws for my number plates. The kit comes with a selection of black screws but they were all too long for the slimline mount used on the m3h

I could grind them down but I lost interest and did something else. Can’t remember what it was and it probably doesn’t matter. Let’s just say I stared at the clouds. Moving on..

Worth noting tho.

In SA the numberplate surround is a smidge too big for our custom plates so it flops around and would likely end up falling off. I just took mine off.

Ironically I spent quite a few hours of work time researching why this is the case and it turns out that SA’s approach in doing everything slightly different has left us with dimensionally smaller front plates.

You can, of course buy the correct ones from the government but like my children and my dog I choose to not reward bad behaviour.

I think in SA you can still use a palm pilot while driving, syncing your calendar via lotus notes or such… not relevant but moot.
I will investigate anti theft screws for mine. The issue is with the Tesla, yes, and not just a SA thing?

Next time I visit SA I'm bringing my old Palm Pilot. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: dronus
I will investigate anti theft screws for mine. The issue is with the Tesla, yes, and not just a SA thing?

Next time I visit SA I'm bringing my old Palm Pilot. Thanks for the tip.
I’m not sure what numberplate mounts they use in other parts of the country but I’m assuming it’s different to the barnacle covered driftwood or whale bone material we get sent up from victor harbor.

Just kidding, SA is heaps good. Have I name dropped Hilltop Hoods lately? And one of the Masterchef winners was from here and she is actually a really nice person.
We were really, really bad in “it’s a knockout” though if I recall.
Don’t bring that up if you do visit, it’s still a raw wound we are tending too. That, and losing the Grand Prix to Melbourne.

• Funny
Reactions: Sturty
Just noticed the same for ACT. Annoyingly, the exact car I ordered is listed in inventory! I've shot Tesla a text message asking what the go is. Someone mentioned earlier that these cars are very likely to be on the boat still and will arrive at the same time as the other pending orders.
This is correct, they could be on the same or later boat that your allocated car is on.
Tesla can reassign it, but if you have a vin and are novating the car it creates more paperwork for you:)

I’m not sure what numberplate mounts they use in other parts of the country but I’m assuming it’s different to the barnacle covered driftwood or whale bone material we get sent up from victor harbor.

Just kidding, SA is heaps good. Have I name dropped Hilltop Hoods lately? And one of the Masterchef winners was from here and she is actually a really nice person.
We were really, really bad in “it’s a knockout” though if I recall.
Don’t bring that up if you do visit, it’s still a raw wound we are tending too. That, and losing the Grand Prix to Melbourne.
Heaps Good was Muph and Plutonic thanks very much. Know your Radelaide.

Heaps Good was Muph and Plutonic thanks very much. Know your Radelaide.
No way man. This calls for an 8 mile style battle rap… haha

IMG_0144.jpeg