Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got an updated final invoice yet?
I got an email from Tesla at 11:50 (BNE) advising that the updated invoice was in my account. I was in the office but not at my desk to do anything thanks to meetings all day. About 1:30 my NL provider sent through an updated finance agreement. I spoke to them about 3:50 as I didn't want to derail the settlement and impact my delivery day. They confirmed that Tesla had contacted the financier directly to advise the final amount. I signed the agreement and returned about 4:10 and by 4:30 had a copy of the remittance note.

Great service all round by Tesla, the NL provider and financier to manage the change.

Reactions: BTRProducer
I got an email from Tesla at 11:50 (BNE) advising that the updated invoice was in my account. I was in the office but not at my desk to do anything thanks to meetings all day. About 1:30 my NL provider sent through an updated finance agreement. I spoke to them about 3:50 as I didn't want to derail the settlement and impact my delivery day. They confirmed that Tesla had contacted the financier directly to advise the final amount. I signed the agreement and returned about 4:10 and by 4:30 had a copy of the remittance note.

Great service all round by Tesla, the NL provider and financier to manage the change.
Nice. I am now being given the run around after being told yesterday that I can get the 3k back as a cash payment. Turns out I can't.

NL needs a new invoice, so am now back to waiting for Tesla to do that. Super worried this will screw up my Friday delivery booking next week. It better not.

Reactions: Benjamin33
That's the plan. To both breathe and know Friday is good. Just concerned something like this could derail things. But am slightly confident it will all be good. 😊
If it was this Friday I’d be telling you to take a lorazepam with the public holiday tomorrow, but both sides will be busy getting these changes done, ultimately it is their prerogative

Just booked my delivery day in for Friday 10th of May. This will allow me and the NL company to get the new agreements issued, invoice etc. super excited. Was an awesome journey being in this group experiencing it all with you lot.
Great news. I’m in Melb, my car is on the Paganella and my finance is with Macquarie. I’m trying to work out whether my payment / delivery is likely to happen before Macquarie’s settlement cutoff date, which, I understand from their website, is 17/05, although someone else in this forum referred to a 15/05 cutoff date.

Did you have an option to book delivery earlier than 10 May (which is 18 days after, if I understood correctly, your car arrived in your local Port)?

Great news. I’m in Melb, my car is on the Paganella and my finance is with Macquarie. I’m trying to work out whether my payment / delivery is likely to happen before Macquarie’s settlement cutoff date, which, I understand from their website, is 17/05, although someone else in this forum referred to a 15/05 cutoff date.

Did you have an option to book delivery earlier than 10 May (which is 18 days after, if I understood correctly, your car arrived in your local Port)?
Are you going direct with Macquarie. My broker advised to settle early. Mine is also on paganella, but has to make it's way to adelaide. There will only be a few days between settlement and picking up the car. Are there any cons in taking this approach?

There was no option to book any earlier, 10 May was the earliest option for me. From my understanding, if you pay for the car or get McQuarrie to pay the car before the 15th or 17th of May, it should be all good. All that matters is payment is made before their cutoff date, which I think you’ll be able to do.

Are you going direct with Macquarie. My broker advised to settle early. Mine is also on paganella, but has to make it's way to adelaide. There will only be a few days between settlement and picking up the car. Are there any cons in taking this approach?
I dealt direct with Macquarie. I don’t know how early they’re happy to settle/pay, i.e do they need the car to have arrived in Melbourne? I’m waiting to hear back from them. If Macquarie are happy to pay, then Idon’t see any issue with this approach (other than, obviously, the loan term starting and paying interest from an earlier date).

I dealt direct with Macquarie. I don’t know how early they’re happy to settle/pay, i.e do they need the car to have arrived in Melbourne? I’m waiting to hear back from them. If Macquarie are happy to pay, then Idon’t see any issue with this approach (other than, obviously, the loan term starting and paying interest from an earlier date).
It is possible for them to pay for the car and you start making payments earlier. That was one of the options my NL company said if there were delays. If you have the final invoice, dated for 24th April, with the new price, you can ask them to pay now or in a weeks time and confirm with Tesla that it’s received and you should be all good!

Yeah, your NL company (and the finance company) don't know when your car will arrive. They have to rely on you telling them when delivery is.

I was trying to get mine to pay a little early just to be safe, they kept hesitating wanting the confirmed delivery date, in the end I just told them it was a few days earlier than it turned out to be. I was confident it was going to happen soon enough, didn't want to get caught out waiting for them to pay and was happy to start repayments from that date. I think they knew what I was doing, but they couldn't really argue as only I was talking to Tesla, so they paid up and everything worked out perfectly.

Just know that if you do that and something does go wrong that pushes your delivery date out, there's generally no way of taking it back, you'll be starting your repayments, doesn't make any difference at all in the long run, but just be aware that is what you are agreeing to.

Yeah, your NL company (and the finance company) don't know when your car will arrive. They have to rely on you telling them when delivery is.

I was trying to get mine to pay a little early just to be safe, they kept hesitating wanting the confirmed delivery date, in the end I just told them it was a few days earlier than it turned out to be. I was confident it was going to happen soon enough, didn't want to get caught out waiting for them to pay and was happy to start repayments from that date. I think they knew what I was doing, but they couldn't really argue as only I was talking to Tesla, so they paid up and everything worked out perfectly.

Just know that if you do that and something does go wrong that pushes your delivery date out, there's generally no way of taking it back, you'll be starting your repayments, doesn't make any difference at all in the long run, but just be aware that is what you are agreeing to.
That makes sense, thanks.