Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So 22 hours till delivery time. And Tesla hit me with one final curve ball today. Contacted me at lunch time to say there was an error with the rego document I submitted 2 weeks ago, and so had to do it again. No idea why they waited until the day before delivery to get in touch, but oh well...

Anyway, all sorted now. My car is now showing up in the QLD Rego Check app, and the first fortnightly payment went out of my salary tonight.

All feeling super real right now...!

How does car insurance payment work with NL. I assume it has to be paid up front, does it get paid monthly or do they pay it up front for 12 months?
You pay upfront to the insurance. As your employer deducts your lease payments and pay the lease company, the funds will accumulate in different budget accounts(such as finance, rego, tyres, insurance etc.). Once enough funds accumulate in your insurance budget account, they will reimburse you for the said insurance premium.

I’m paying monthly and I had to wait a month for funds to accumulate. So I paid my insurance on 1 Feb and I got reimbursed on 1 March.

Had I paid upfront for the whole year, the NL company offered quarterly, half yearly or yearly reimbursement. I just went monthly.

How does car insurance payment work with NL. I assume it has to be paid up front, does it get paid monthly or do they pay it up front for 12 months?
Sounds like it depends on your NL.

I didn’t pay anything up front, you just agree to the insurance and the NL works out how to pay it. How they do it is up to them.

Set and forget

I’ve never heard of paying it upfront, and I’ve leased heaps of cars

Sounds like it depends on your NL.

I didn’t pay anything up front, you just agree to the insurance and the NL works out how to pay it. How they do it is up to them.

Set and forget

I’ve never heard of paying it upfront, and I’ve leased heaps of cars
I didn’t want to go with the insurance options the NL company offered so I decided arrange my own. I pay monthly and they reimburse me monthly but it lags behind. Same goes for rego.

I actually prefer this because I get points when I pay with my card 😂

Reactions: dronus
I didn’t want to go with the insurance options the NL company offered so I decided arrange my own. I pay monthly and they reimburse me monthly but it lags behind. Same goes for rego.

I actually prefer this because I get points when I pay with my card 😂
Always a option, but doing it that way does make the insurance 25~% more given it's from post tax money.

Reactions: Wagits and dronus