Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See my invoice below. Can someone who has been through the process please clarify?
I had a call with Tesla just now.
If you are with a leasing company you need to request Tesla with the Leasing company's details in the " Invoice To" section.
Leasing company will settle the full amount including the order fee and Tesla will refund it back to the mode you have paid the order fee(Eg if you have paid via credit card, you will get refunded to the card). Hope this helps

Cheers

If you are with a leasing company you need to request Tesla with the Leasing company's details in the " Invoice To" section.
Leasing company will settle the full amount including the order fee and Tesla will refund it back to the mode you have paid the order fee(Eg if you have paid via credit card, you will get refunded to the card). Hope this helps

Cheers
Mine is a bit different $350 is deducted from the total balance.

Attachments

• IMG_5543.jpeg
    IMG_5543.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 52
Definite yes to PPF as it offers a very thick layer of protection that ceramic coatings can’t offer.
But with everyone getting PPF on their Tesla, the prices have gone up like crazy and for the current price, it’s not worth it. If you are doing it on your own and know how to, then go for it.

I’m not comfortable with applying PPF personally but I might look into it at a later stage.
What sort of damage has you seen PPF costs being?

Cheers
So paying outright will lose $350, but novated

Cheers
Thanks RM. So it sounds like you only get refunded $350 order fee if you go through leasing? If you pay outright, $350 down the drain?

If you pay outright, $350 down the drain?
It’s only refunded for leases because the leasing company needs to pay the full invoice amount to Tesla directly - but as you’ve paid an amount already it’s easiest to have Tesla refund that to you

Either way you are paying Tesla for it

Just had a look at the agreement and it says as per below
Think what they are saying is the $350 (now $400) goes straight towards the required Order Fee which covers Teslas admin - rather than being a deposit against the total purchase cost.
Which is why they also said it’s non refundable should you cancel due to the admin work involved in the sale
As above it’s not lost money, you can see it on the order page and invoice as it’s own line item

Reactions: deinau
If my car only arrives at the end of June, I will very likely have to cancel my order, since I have to take delivery before EOFY. Tesla told me before ordering that I would likely see my car in the first half of the Feb-May delivery window.
Hi Jon,, I’m in Brisbane and my EDD is 5 June - 26 June. Been pushed back twice from an original window of Feb-May. I am financing through Macquarie and because they are the preferred lender, the loan guy can see a lot of backend info through Tesla. He was able to inform me that my car had arrived at the docks on 1 May and was meant to be at the DC last week. Obv the docks are packed! But I hold very high hope that I’ll be getting an SMS any day now to organise delivery. My wife also saw a truck carrying a bunch of brand new Tessies covered in dust heading out of the port. We want our car before EOFY for tax write off reasons but won’t be canceling the order if the car doesn’t make it before June 30 (surely it will though!).

Hi Jon,, I’m in Brisbane and my EDD is 5 June - 26 June. Been pushed back twice from an original window of Feb-May. I am financing through Macquarie and because they are the preferred lender, the loan guy can see a lot of backend info through Tesla. He was able to inform me that my car had arrived at the docks on 1 May and was meant to be at the DC last week. Obv the docks are packed! But I hold very high hope that I’ll be getting an SMS any day now to organise delivery. My wife also saw a truck carrying a bunch of brand new Tessies covered in dust heading out of the port. We want our car before EOFY for tax write off reasons but won’t be canceling the order if the car doesn’t make it before June 30 (surely it will though!).
Hi klx

When did you order? And did you order model Y RWD?
Thanks

Hi klx01,

Thanks for the information.

You ordered on 6th January, about 10 weeks after me. I can't see your build date (mine was 21 April), but you received your VIN at the same time as me. Your loan people tell you the car landed in Brisbane at the start of May, but Tesla tell me my car isn't even in the country yet. I take that to mean it is probably on Turandot, anchored off Brisbane and waiting for port delays.

There have definitely been a bunch of orders filled in Brisbane recently (some to people who were waiting a really long time), but they all seem to have been built a few weeks before my car and presumably arrived on Palmela.

I would like to believe my car is sitting next to yours and just needs a short truck ride and a wash before being sent north to me, but nothing Tesla have said indicates that is the case. This is the frustration of dealing with Tesla and their random order fulfilment process.

I read recently that Subaru and Toyota have pledged to fulfil their EV orders in the order they are received. It's not a revolutionary concept but I wonder if they are promoting it because of people's experiences waiting for Teslas?

If my car is delivered by Turandot at the end of May, clears customs quickly and arrives by truck here in mid-May, I'll be ok. But if they take until 26 June just to deliver it to the car carrier, I won't get it before EOFY. I just wish I knew which to expect so I could act accordingly.

Good luck getting your car. I hope it is currently just awaiting a wash and final check over before they schedule your pickup.

Hi klx01,

Thanks for the information.

You ordered on 6th January, about 10 weeks after me. I can't see your build date (mine was 21 April), but you received your VIN at the same time as me. Your loan people tell you the car landed in Brisbane at the start of May, but Tesla tell me my car isn't even in the country yet. I take that to mean it is probably on Turandot, anchored off Brisbane and waiting for port delays.

There have definitely been a bunch of orders filled in Brisbane recently (some to people who were waiting a really long time), but they all seem to have been built a few weeks before my car and presumably arrived on Palmela.

I would like to believe my car is sitting next to yours and just needs a short truck ride and a wash before being sent north to me, but nothing Tesla have said indicates that is the case. This is the frustration of dealing with Tesla and their random order fulfilment process.

I read recently that Subaru and Toyota have pledged to fulfil their EV orders in the order they are received. It's not a revolutionary concept but I wonder if they are promoting it because of people's experiences waiting for Teslas?

If my car is delivered by Turandot at the end of May, clears customs quickly and arrives by truck here in mid-May, I'll be ok. But if they take until 26 June just to deliver it to the car carrier, I won't get it before EOFY. I just wish I knew which to expect so I could act accordingly.

Good luck getting your car. I hope it is currently just awaiting a wash and final check over before they schedule your pickup.
This might seem a stretch but if you contact the Macquarie finance department and act like you are interested in getting a quote on their rate for finance, the person you speak to WILL be able to see the info I’ve gotten - if it’s at the port and even which ship it came in on. There’s no harm getting a quote 😉😉

This might seem a stretch but if you contact the Macquarie finance department and act like you are interested in getting a quote on their rate for finance, the person you speak to WILL be able to see the info I’ve gotten - if it’s at the port and even which ship it came in on. There’s no harm getting a quote 😉😉
If they have a lot of background information from Tesla, they might express some surprise that I am trying to finance a car I have already paid for. But I admire your moxie 🙂.