Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked the Web page, and VinFinder found my VIN. EDD has also changed to May 11 - June 01. And I also see application for vehicle registration.
Interestingly I have not received an email or SMS from Tesla yet.
Tried looking up the VIn in RoRo, however getting error, is there somewhere else to check which RORO has my VIN?

That's impressive. Mine took a few weeks. Did you get a random CCS Combo Charger in yours? What power are your tails rated to show many kW)?
Nothing extra just the normal kit. Received 10A and 15A tails but I will order an aftermarket 32A tail shortly.

Trying to figure out what ship the car is on is the next challenge. Like I don’t have enough things to keep me busy each day!

Nothing extra just the normal kit. Received 10A and 15A tails but I will order an aftermarket 32A tail shortly.

Trying to figure out what ship the car is on is the next challenge. Like I don’t have enough things to keep me busy each day!
Thanks. Can I confirm that they say 10A and 15A (it's not just their model number)? Mine say 8A and 12A and I still haven't heard a damn thing after raising it with Tesla.

Any luck for Melbourne MY deliveries, I ordered mine on 26feb2023 EDD is Apr-Jun currently and no updates it’s been 2 months almost.
Guy on previous page was a September order and just got assigned and another for October. Seen orders as early as August still being assigned in Melbourne. There are a lot of Feb-May window orders ahead of you I would have thought. I'm a November order In Melbourne and still waiting.

Reactions: grizzlybear
Thanks. Can I confirm that they say 10A and 15A (it's not just their model number)? Mine say 8A and 12A and I still haven't heard a damn thing after raising it with Tesla.
1682032569713.png

This is from the UMC Owners Manual on the Tesla website, it appears the Current lines up with the Adapter. I have no idea about these things but are they possibly the same thing just labelled differently?

I ordered my UMC the other day waiting to receive it.

View attachment 930362
This is from the UMC Owners Manual on the Tesla website, it appears the Current lines up with the Adapter. I have no idea about these things but are they possibly the same thing just labelled differently?

I ordered my UMC the other day waiting to receive it.
Thanks. Yes, I had read that, which is why I asked to confirm that the others were seeing 10A and 15A, not just the model numbers saying 10 and 15.

Initial response from Tesla is that 8A and 12A is correct, so it is hard to explain how others have been receiving 10A and 15A (and there are accounts from Australian Tesla over the past two years of their UMC updating after the initial charge to provide the full 10A and 15A).

Even a Kona EV (the outgoing model) comes with a free EVSE capable of 15A.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 09.11.49.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 09.11.49.png
    165.8 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: Ben MYBlack
Thanks. Yes, I had read that, which is why I asked to confirm that the others were seeing 10A and 15A, not just the model numbers saying 10 and 15.

Initial response from Tesla is that 8A and 12A is correct, so it is hard to explain how others have been receiving 10A and 15A (and there are accounts from Australian Tesla over the past two years of their UMC updating after the initial charge to provide the full 10A and 15A).

Even a Kona EV (the outgoing model) comes with a free EVSE capable of 15A.
Ahh ok good to know.
I'll be sure to look at mine when I get it to make sure!