Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Feb-May gang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding it now guarantees the current price, although I don't imagine it will change much in the next month or two. Adding later just requires the purchase and then a software download.

Whether adding it now or later is better for tax purposes, etc, might be a better question for an accountant.

Generally, there is little advantage in adding it now.
Thank you Jon, I am also not really an option to modify or add anything now, probably because the final invoice has been generated.

Hello!

We picked up our Model Y RWD MSM from Port Melbourne today.

The collection experience was fantastic and can’t fault one bit.

We arrived 35 mins before scheduled pickup as we received the ready for pickup message and we didn’t have much to do in Melbourne CBD.

The entry to the Port Melbourne DC is a bit confusing if you are on a rideshare but you enter the building through basement (you will a bucket load of Teslas parked here to be processed with plastics and trim covers on them).

You take the lift to go to the first floor where you will get the Tesla rep. I met with Jack. He was very funny and casual who checked my licence and took us to the other basement to pick up the car. We requested for 100% charge as we had a long drive home. When we called last week, they said they can’t guarantee but will put a note on our delivery slip.

When he was taking us, he confirmed the car is at 100% as requested and it was. Gave us the paperwork and asked if we knew about the car or would like to walk through the setup process.

He mentioned today is a quote day with only 12 pickups but tomorrow they have 45 pickups scheduled. I was over 200ish vehicles so everyone should be receiving their vehicles soonish.

We setup the phone key and went through the menu first. Then walked around the car and checked the paintwork, doors, windows, frunk and trunk. There is zero issues with the car whatsoever. If you did nitpick, you might find some. I wasn’t too fussed as I’m going to paint correct and ceramic coat the paint, glass and seats.

We left after 30 mins from the DC with still 100% charge. The ride was smooth AF. Took a detour by mistake but arrived home with like less than 10% charge. It is charging as we speak.
The real world was 400ish kms highway driving. We had the climate control on, heated seats and was charging two phones.

It had the latest software. It recognised all the digital signs along the way except the west gate bridge sign. I thought it couldn’t but it did. It was even more amazing to see it didn’t change seeing signs like 40km speed limit ahead but only at the final speed sign.

It was raining in a few places along the way. It turned on at the right time I wanted to. When TACC or autoPilot was engaged, it did go a bit faster than I would have liked but I took off the autopilot to stop the wipers from going bonkers.

It did phantom brake twice but wasn’t unmanageable and expected. Autopilot kept the car on the middle of the road but sometimes I had to disengage was the road was bumpy, had potholes and uneven but the car doesn’t see that.

The silent driving and auto lock on walk away is still trippy and will take some time to get used to.

Overall, we love the car and excited for the journey ahead.

I understand not everyone had a great Tesla ordering experience or transparent communication from them. I too had those moments but overall, with the vehicle with us now, we couldn’t be happier and feel like the wait was worth it.

I hope this help and I will see you all later.

Attachments

• IMG_5596.jpeg
    IMG_5596.jpeg
    617.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5595.jpeg
    IMG_5595.jpeg
    652.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5589.jpeg
    IMG_5589.jpeg
    536.8 KB · Views: 33
Hello!

We arrived 35 mins before scheduled pickup as we received the ready for pickup message and we didn’t have much to do in Melbourne CBD.

The entry to the Port Melbourne DC is a bit confusing if you are on a rideshare but you enter the building through basement (you will a bucket load of Teslas parked here to be processed with plastics and trim covers on them).

You take the lift to go to the first floor where you will get the Tesla rep. I met with Jack. He was very funny and casual who checked my licence and took us to the other basement to pick up the car. We requested for 100% charge as we had a long drive home. When we called last week, they said they can’t guarantee but will put a note on our delivery slip.

When he was taking us, he confirmed the car is at 100% as requested and it was. Gave us the paperwork and asked if we knew about the car or would like to walk through the setup process.

He mentioned today is a quote day with only 12 pickups but tomorrow they have 45 pickups scheduled. I was over 200ish vehicles so everyone should be receiving their vehicles soonish.

We setup the phone key and went through the menu first. Then walked around the car and checked the paintwork, doors, windows, frunk and trunk. There is zero issues with the car whatsoever. If you did nitpick, you might find some. I wasn’t too fussed as I’m going to paint correct and ceramic coat the paint, glass and seats.

We left after 30 mins from the DC with still 100% charge. The ride was smooth AF. Took a detour by mistake but arrived home with like less than 10% charge. It is charging as we speak.
The real world was 400ish kms highway driving. We had the climate control on, heated seats and was charging two phones.

It had the latest software. It recognised all the digital signs along the way except the west gate bridge sign. I thought it couldn’t but it did. It was even more amazing to see it didn’t change seeing signs like 40km speed limit ahead but only at the final speed sign.

It was raining in a few places along the way. It turned on at the right time I wanted to. When TACC or autoPilot was engaged, it did go a bit faster than I would have liked but I took off the autopilot to stop the wipers from going bonkers.

It did phantom brake twice but wasn’t unmanageable and expected. Autopilot kept the car on the middle of the road but sometimes I had to disengage was the road was bumpy, had potholes and uneven but the car doesn’t see that.

The silent driving and auto lock on walk away is still trippy and will take some time to get used to.

I understand not everyone had a great Tesla ordering experience or transparent communication from them. I too had those moments but overall, with the vehicle with us now, we couldn’t be happier and feel like the wait was worth it.

Congrats mate! Is there free UMC in the car? I am waiting for your signal to buy one now. :D

Hello!

Thankyou, grizzlybear, and good to hear it went smoothly for you.
With your background, are you happy to give recommendations for the paint, glass and interior ceramic coatings?

Reactions: grizzlybear
No. I just placed the order online. since your car is in Melboune now, I believe you would get it soon.

Glad to hear you're all booked. Did you ever receive a text in Feb about your order delivery location being updated to the Port Melbourne delivery centre?
Hey Mate, did u order from chadstone. Looks like mine will be on 1st week of june since my order date was 21/11

Did Tesla come back to you?

Hey mate, I received no text about the delivery centre change. I am still getting my car from the Mulgrave centre as per planned.
Thanks for confirming. Seems some people got it and some people didn't then. In guessing you didn't specifically request Mulgrave pick up when you ordered or anything? Quite a few people got the attached back in Feb so I wonder if it was just randomly done to share the load for deliveries.

Bet you can't wait for next week!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230517_233330_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230517_233330_Messages.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: BrendanZ
Just had my EDD change from May 17-June 7, to June 12-30. Melbourne, order date 3 Sep 2022. Build date 3 April 2023.

Did this happen to anyone else?
Melbourne online order
OD: 04/11 EDD Feb-May
Build date: 21/04
RAV: 10/05
EDD: 16/05-06/06 changed to 27/05-13/06
The only problem is we just sold our car yesterday with anticipation of a surprising text today or tomorrow. Well, this update on Tesla app was a surprise, not a nice one though. Wonder how your could be pushed back for a month?

Ordered 22 March
Brisbane
EDD Apr - June 2023. Unchanged since order.

Seems like everyone receiving their order recently are all in VIC.
Where are all the Queenslanders?
I am waiting in Queensland. MYRWD ordered 28/10/22 Red, White interior, 19" Geminis.
EDD Feb-May, then 8-21 May, then 8-28 May, then 15-30 June, then 5-26 June, then whatever happens to suit Tesla's random number generator....

Congrats mate! Is there free UMC in the car? I am waiting for your signal to buy one now. :D
No. I checked with the SA when we go the invoice and he confirmed no UMC for us. However, he was generous enough to offer us a voucher to place one for free. I have mentioned this in detail in my previous post. Very rare for that to happen apparently.

We also installed 32Amp plug and got the 32A tail for the UMC. It charged the car at 50km/Hr last night.

Reactions: xavier2k3
Thankyou, grizzlybear, and good to hear it went smoothly for you.
With your background, are you happy to give recommendations for the paint, glass and interior ceramic coatings?
I’m personally applying CarPro D Quartz for the paint (this is their new professional coating and not available to public. If you are doing it yourself, I would recommend UK 3.0), CarPro Leather for the seats and trim, NV glass and wheel coatings for the glass and wheel respectively. I’m not applying anything for the fabric floor mats it came with as I might replace it with all weather floor mats.

I have done this a thousand times so I’m comfortable with this process. Watch some videos and read about it. If you feel confident, I would definitely recommend giving it a go as it’s a very relaxing process.

• Informative
Reactions: JonDarian
Melbourne online order
OD: 04/11 EDD Feb-May
Build date: 21/04
RAV: 10/05
EDD: 16/05-06/06 changed to 27/05-13/06
The only problem is we just sold our car yesterday with anticipation of a surprising text today or tomorrow. Well, this update on Tesla app was a surprise, not a nice one though. Wonder how your could be pushed back for a month?
Hi Guys,
Mulrave DC , mine changed from 16 May - 05 June to 27 May - 13 June 😞
Some hold up is happening? Port congestion or unavailability of transport from melbourne port to Mulgrave?
Customer support is not helpful at all. They don't even confirm the car is in melbourne.
Any ideas.

OD 22/11 from chadstone
Build date 21/04.

Thanks for confirming. Seems some people got it and some people didn't then. In guessing you didn't specifically request Mulgrave pick up when you ordered or anything? Quite a few people got the attached back in Feb so I wonder if it was just randomly done to share the load for deliveries.

Bet you can't wait for next week!
Hi Guys,
DC will be assigned for the orders placed on-site based on the customer location as per the message I received from tesla support. It seems getting delayed for sure now. Mine EDD changed to June 13 overnight:(

I’m personally applying CarPro D Quartz for the paint (this is their new professional coating and not available to public. If you are doing it yourself, I would recommend UK 3.0), CarPro Leather for the seats and trim, NV glass and wheel coatings for the glass and wheel respectively. I’m not applying anything for the fabric floor mats it came with as I might replace it with all weather floor mats.

I have done this a thousand times so I’m comfortable with this process. Watch some videos and read about it. If you feel confident, I would definitely recommend giving it a go as it’s a very relaxing process.
Thankyou GB for the tips.
I am planning to do myself Autoglyn ceramic coating from repco which is on special $105.
Any suggestions for doing a 3M ppf on the bumper (DIY) and headlights. I have seen some ppf in
amazon 24" X 54".

Hi Guys,
DC will be assigned for the orders placed on-site based on the customer location as per the message I received from tesla support. It seems getting delayed for sure now. Mine EDD changed to June 13 overnight:(
I can never understand that. I was at Port Melbourne yesterday. We were the only pickup in the whole warehouse while we were there for 30ish minutes.
They said it’s a quiet day with only 12 pickups but counted more than 200 teslas there. And as you know, we came all the way from the edge of Victorian border for pickup.
And from this forum we know, customer are eager to pick up their cars. So where exactly is the bottleneck?

Thankyou GB for the tips.
I am planning to do myself Autoglyn ceramic coating from repco which is on special $105.
Any suggestions for doing a 3M ppf on the bumper (DIY) and headlights. I have seen some ppf in
amazon 24" X 54".
I’m not a huge fan of Autoglym products but heard some decent reviews. If you are applying that, I would recommend something like Bowden own wet dreams or bead machine (assuming you prefer buying it from a store than through auto detailing websites like waxit) as a topper along with each wash to keep the coating last longer. It will make the water bead and fly off as you drive in rain.