Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure where you guys get your PPF done but it shouldn't be any more than $5k for tinting, PPF and ceramic. My other two cars both have PPF and I'll be doing a satin convert for my Y when it arrives. The true beauty of PPF is you'll never get a chip or scratch on your paintwork (if you have kids you know how easy they find ways to scratch cars) and the good PPF is self healing and a breeze to keep clean.

Reactions: EcoCloudIT
Not sure where you guys get your PPF done but it shouldn't be any more than $5k for tinting, PPF and ceramic. My other two cars both have PPF and I'll be doing a satin convert for my Y when it arrives. The true beauty of PPF is you'll never get a chip or scratch on your paintwork (if you have kids you know how easy they find ways to scratch cars) and the good PPF is self healing and a breeze to keep clean.
That's insanely cheap. Where is that from and what product are they using? I haven't come across a full PPF cheaper than $7k

Reactions: Dannerz
All Performance Model Ys were delayed, the colour has nothing to do with it.

I think you're reading too much into it. They swap between colours all the time.
In that case it doesn't make sense that someone who ordered in October has got delivery confirmed in December, while some who have ordered in June are still pending. I ordered a standard range in September and still no news about the vin even

someone who ordered in October has got delivery confirmed in December, while some who have ordered in June are still pending
That person's in WA, which is treated almost like a separate country by Tesla.
Sometimes WA cars arrive a month later than the rest of the country (dropped off in NSW or Victoria, then sent via another ship to WA) and other times it's early (sent by a direct ship via the West Coast)
You might as well be comparing NZ orders.

Not sure if it’s worth the $$. Def yes to ceramic.
Ceramic isn't worth the cost either

Ceramic coating offers 0 protection, literally none
It makes the car easier to clean, that is all it does

Not sure where you guys get your PPF done but it shouldn't be any more than $5k for tinting, PPF and ceramic.
Who and where are you getting a full PPF done with ceramic coating and tinting for under 5k?

Full PPF starts are more than 5k in most scenarios

Ceramic isn't worth the cost either

Ceramic coating offers 0 protection, literally none
It makes the car easier to clean, that is all it

You say that but I have a 2018 BMW M2 Comp which looks like it came from the showroom, yea it has a few tiny stone chips on the bumper and hood but I’m getting everything touched up for ~$500, I’m still way ahead as ppf still gets deformed from stone chips and needs to be replaced…

Has anyone had deliveries in the last few days? We ordered in June and have just been confirmed delivery in the coming weeks - though I'm getting mixed responses from the SAs around USS and cameras. Wonder what is being delivered most recently.