Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fair Point!! Just trying to get my head around how could both Brisbane and Melbourne orders were made in the first couple of hours right after the launch are getting such a difference in time of delivery, surely they could truck them all to Melbourne after Brisbane.
So why send the ship to Melbourne if trucking. The system seems ship to ports down the east coast not trucking.

The best you can really ask for on this forum is to glean information from others in terms of when they ordered. From what I've seen, there are still a bunch of people that ordered Day 1 (now more afternoon) that still haven't gotten a VIN or an updated EDD. There are a few exceptions (e.g. WA vehicles) but precious little else. I ordered late July and still have the same EDD as you. A post above explained it well. Lots of orders for Day 1 (June 9th?), dropping off rapidly after the first few weeks. This means that someone ordering September 22 might end up getting their car at the exact same time as you but someone that ordered the afternoon of Day 1 might only get it a month or two earlier despite the fact that we've had deliveries in AU since later last year.
Thank you.

For those interested, or think their car is on Viking Passama... it's docking in Brisbane in the next few days:

New member here and like you Krylonos ordered on 17 June 2022 - Syd: RWD/White/White induction wheels. No Vin with Feb - May outlook. Spoke to Advisor yesterday for update and asked why some people who have ordered in Oct/Nov 22 had received delivery whilst there are still quite a lot of outstanding orders yet to be delivered when order placed 8 months ago. It was mentioned that if there is some cancellations then that may be how some people take delivery sooner.

Given that there is a ordering que / list, and I am not familiar with the Tesla allocation process, would it make sense that any cancelled orders with identical spec be given to people in same state based on month ordered?

Also recently received notification that recent price drop of around $500 on induction wheels will apply. It was also confirmed that as order was placed in June 2022 we will get the mobile connector and that USS are part of AU allocation. Not sure about the partial rear reclining seats now if these are still part of the spec?

Fingers crossed for delivery soon?????
Hey! A fellow June 17th person. We should share any updates to our orders.

It would make sense to me that they would just allocate cancellations to the next person in line in the same region with the same configuration. So no idea what actually happens.

You received a notification? Wow. Was that in the app or via txt? When did you receive it? I've had no notifications since the original order date.

I hope not just for delivery soon but for any update about our orders soon. Any at all would be good. :)