Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi to all those lucky enough to get a delivery date... congratulations!... just checking to see if you have made final payment or when you plan to. Ie is final payment needed to get EDD? Thanks
Not planning to pay until I have a firm delivery date

I've already made a test payment to ensure it's all good. Also set my bank to no limit to ensure there is no delays waiting for that either

Just got back from a test drive in Brisbane in a MSM/white with 20” Induction wheels (My exact spec). Ride is quite similar to my current VW group SUV. Very nice ride and comfort but a bit crashy over big hits. Acceleration is acceptable if a tiny bit disappointing. My only other experience in launching a tesla are LR and Performance Model 3 and they are worlds apart. As others have said off the line is sluggish but once it gets going it has some punch … well…. more like a gentle shove. Sound system is extraordinarily good. Cranked up some old school “in the air tonight” and I was hitting the Tom-Toms like the Cadbury gorilla.

I also just came back from my test drive. Y SR with the Gemini wheels. Pleasantly surprised by the ride quality. Firm, but not harsh, even over bumpy Canberran roads. The soundscape inside the cabin is a bit boomy though, which can hopefully improved with a parcel shelf and extra door rubber strips. Not super quick off the line, but it picks up speed from 30km/h onwards. Ride height and visibility is great

Reactions: Maximillan and Blaq
How does everyone else feel about the tiny slither of a read window in the hatchback door? It took a lot to get used to coming from a M3, may need to have cameras on the entire time, the lack of visibility was a bit of an issue on the M3. Im gonna worry everytime I reverse in the Y.