Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Armacup Schedule has been updated:

Maybe I'm dumb/optimistic or both but am becoming increasingly confident that people with Feb-May EDD are going to get their orders on time.
It sounds like the massive backlog of orders in June, July, August and September is being cleared with the exception here and there.

Here's a summary of ships for the East Coast:

- Don Juan on the way to Brisbane.
- Morning Cherry due to be loaded up again next week in Shanghai.
- Viking Passama unloading as I type and then heading back to Shanghai to be loaded up on 04/04 before heading to Brisbane mid-April
- Paganella in Port Kembla, will eventually dump its load and then head back to Shanghai on 09/04
- Morning Crystal heading to Brisbane via Auckland and then going back to Shanghai for more cars on 17/04
- Turandot waiting to dock in Port Kembla

Looks like most of the vessels are going to give up on going to Melbourne, resorting to transferring to other ships in the future.

Reactions: krylonos

Maybe I'm dumb/optimistic or both but am becoming increasingly confident that people with Feb-May EDD are going to get their orders on time.
It sounds like the massive backlog of orders in June, July, August and September is being cleared with the exception here and there.

- Viking Passama unloading as I type and then heading back to Shanghai to be loaded up on 04/04 before heading to Brisbane mid-April
- Paganella in Port Kembla, will eventually dump its load and then head back to Shanghai on 09/04
- Morning Crystal heading to Brisbane via Auckland and then going back to Shanghai for more cars on 17/04

Looks like most of the vessels are going to give up on going to Melbourne, resorting to transferring to other ships in the future.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong but the Paganella / Turandot claim to already be docked in that "updated" page. It's a damn lie!

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but the Paganella / Turandot claim to already be docked in that "updated" page. It's a damn lie!

Might be reading it wrong. If it has a bracket around it then it is a past and actual date. If it has no bracket then it was it's estimated date but hasn't happened at the time it was updated. Armacup only update their schedule once a week on a Friday so it can be out of date within hours.

Reactions: Elite Display
Go son! Sweep like a champion!

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 2.15.12 pm.png

• Funny
Reactions: JNTOZ and Davemcd
There it is. This is good to know. In the meantime https://www.aaterminals.com.au/wp-content/uploads/document/PK Berthing Schedule 160323.pdf pushed back even later for most of the boats.
Updated again
https://www.aaterminals.com.au/wp-content/uploads/document/PK Berthing Schedule 170323.pdf
https://www.aaterminals.com.au/wp-content/uploads/document/PK Berthing Schedule 170323.pdf

- Grande Mirafiori from Sunday Morning until Wednesday
- Paganella from next Thursday
- Turandot from next Friday

Let's hope our car is on Grande Miafiori

Reactions: krylonos
Just had a hidden VIN assigned today. Nothing in RAV yet. I suspect it's on Don Juan which is due in Brisbane at late March.

Model Y RWD, Blue, 19" Gemini, Black interior
Ordered 15th Aug 2022 (Gold Coast, QLD)
Estimated Delivery: April 03 - April 24

@Full Bore and @matthardy, have you got hidden VIN's also?
No hidden VIN yet. However, I am the next batch after you. 1-22 May. I wondered whether Don Juan was going to be April and May deliveries together given Tesla was saying they were padding my delivery date due to port delays. If not Don Juan, I guess the next ship afterwards?

Reactions: wireblue

I'm guessing from this, that May deliveries (1-22 is the date range given) into Brisbane have to come via Viking Passama unless Don Juan has a massive batch which will just take time to work through.

Sidenote, I'm now facing the moment of truth on whether I want to shell out for Vedaprime. I'm just not sure that the absolute certainty will really result in any great benefit for me. Personal preference I guess but I'd have been MUCH more willing to pay for access to a Tesla secret production list which showed my car slot as #4,756 (for example) in the queue with some helpful notes in the excel boxes to the immediate right which showed likely production date :) .

Forgiving my shallow understanding from this...are you saying I am the next round, or I am the one been delayed to next week or....?? Or you were giving me the optimistic hope...or just sharing information you have got?
Merely saying i was in Hume this morning and was looking for tesla - and they had a full truck there.. i don't know any more than that - well other than it wasn't there at 12ish.

Reactions: Hugh L.
That was for the Xpel Stealth which is the satin finish. (pic from imgur)

I've read on forums to take the wrap off every 4-5 years or it'll start melting onto the paint.
I was all for PPF a couple months into my wait but now as it gets closer, I’m starting to go against it. Especially when I’ve seen it mentioned a few times now about the melting onto the paint. If this really is the case, it seems to defeat the purpose of protecting the car long term and I’m thinking now it’s probably cheaper to just have the front bumper and anything else affected resprayed instead after the 5 years if need be.

I will still definitely be getting tinting and ceramic done though and even thinking of just asking about getting the front bumper only done in ppf if it’s possible?

Ceramic coating and PPF have become the new norm for a fresh, out of the delivery center, Teslas and some shops are taking advantage of that.
I do car detailing on the side. Yes, there’s a huge benefit in ceramic coating and PPF your car. It’s protects the paint and prevents stone chips.
I would at least recommend giving it a good compounding, polishing and ceramic coat the paint. This will improve the finish massively, keeps the car clean and makes the washing a breeze.

PPF is great and adds a thick layer to the base paint preventing it from stone chips but the cost of installing almost negates the benefits for some.
I was all for PPF a couple months into my wait but now as it gets closer, I’m starting to go against it. Especially when I’ve seen it mentioned a few times now about the melting onto the paint. If this really is the case, it seems to defeat the purpose of protecting the car long term and I’m thinking now it’s probably cheaper to just have the front bumper and anything else affected resprayed instead after the 5 years if need be.

I will still definitely be getting tinting and ceramic done though and even thinking of just asking about getting the front bumper only done in ppf if it’s possible?
Given the real estate the front of a MY covers I am considering PPF for front only ( just like putting on a 😷). I think some providers offer front end only. I feel ceramic coating is worthy given grizzlybears 🧸comments and industry knowledge. Also need to consider the harsh Aussie ☀️ compared to MY’s in UK for example. Having lived in UK I am prepared to pay a bit extra for ‘sun screen’ to protect our investments in Oz. Ceramic coating seems to be a relatively inexpensive and reasonable starting point.

Reactions: grizzlybear
A good quality PPF provider will offer a front end PPF and all over ceramic package. They will ofter also PPF any other panels that are known to get stone chips from tyre pickup for that specific vehicle. Usually its about 70% cheaper than a full PPF.

I’m not sure about every brand of PPF out there but my current vehicles both have Suntek PPF and that includes a 10 year warranty and atleast in Sydney ive been advised that if properly installed there is no bake on risk. Also worth remembering that its not just stone chips that this stuff saves you from, its saved my cars from kids school bags, jewelry marks around door handles and another cars door (shopping centre). If that stuff doesn’t bother you then i wouldn’t worry.