Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has been very careful to not call its Dual motors AWD because they are not. Most of the time it's only RWD with front motor not used. Rarely is the front motor used
Have they thought? Hmmm and yet this is from teslas order page. AWD. Pretty clear

Attachments

• A76372CE-2AB1-4169-A500-0F4B88DBCA79.jpeg
    A76372CE-2AB1-4169-A500-0F4B88DBCA79.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: Quickst
Hi, ordered MYRWD white/black/gemini on 8/12/22. when the price dropped on 6/1/23 the order agreement with the reduced price was generated and now shows "Order placed with electronically accepted terms" as 6/1/23. Is that effectively my new order date? or is my order date still 8/12/22?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.4 KB · Views: 28
Hi, ordered MYRWD white/black/gemini on 8/12/22. when the price dropped on 6/1/23 the order agreement with the reduced price was generated and now shows "Order placed with electronically accepted terms" as 6/1/23. Is that effectively my new order date? or is my order date still 8/12/22?
Whenever the price drops, you get an updated order agreement with the revised pricing and that date. It’s a common Tesla thing.

In
Looks like they are still delivering RWD orders from Sept to Nov with pickup in April to early May.
So I’m assuming Dec to Jan orders will have deliveries by end of May. 😅🤞🏻
I wish that were true for me. My EDD is still "Feb-May" with no update on when that might actually be. I am hoping my late-Oct order will be delivered before end of May.

I'm a bit frustrated to be seeing people who ordered months after me are booking delivery dates. Happy for them, but I would Tesla to give me my car now, please.

In

I wish that were true for me. My EDD is still "Feb-May" with no update on when that might actually be. I am hoping my late-Oct order will be delivered before end of May.

I'm a bit frustrated to be seeing people who ordered months after me are booking delivery dates. Happy for them, but I would Tesla to give me my car now, please.
Red with white interior is a rare combo, I'm afraid. If you watch those vides of cars waiting to be loaded onto ships, red is not common (5%?).

I hope so too as we ordered in Dec.

One common theme I see online is that Tesla doesn’t go by order dates. They build cars of different configurations and while getting loaded they get assigned to the orders.

They might seem similar to order dates but in rare occurrences some offers from Feb even got pick up in March (Facebook post of someone with red and white with induction wheels and enhanced AP).

Totally depends on your configuration and location (major port delays in Melbourne).

In

Plus with the recent launch of LR variant, many have swapped their orders clearing up our queue 🤣👍🏻

Reactions: houdini
Red with white interior is a rare combo, I'm afraid....
Yep, that's partly why we chose it.

I am aware of port delays, especially in Melbourne. I'm in Qld, but I realise the Melbourne problems had ripple effects through the rest of the delivery times.

Personally, I would just like Tesla to go check if they misplaced my car. Maybe down the back of the couch? I'm sure it's around here somewhere...

According to Vedaprime's twitter account, Orca Ace is doing the rounds on the West Coast.

I did a quick check, it looks to have left Singapore and took about a week for it to arrive in Perth on 04/04.
Now it's heading towards Adelaide, due to arrive on 09/04
Exciting news for Perth and Adelaide deliveries! Anyone from those two cities had their EDD updated recently?

I'm not liking my chances of a Feb-May delivery for a November ordered MY RWD (Black/Silver) if August orders have an EDD through May. Normally i wouldn't care to much but i'm overseas for a large chunk of June and needed this delivered by 30/6 for tax reasons (accelerated depreciation)!
Do you have a VIN yet? If you do, there is probably a good chance of you having your car by the end of June. But keep in mind that Tesla EDD's are a work of fiction and have no basis in reality. If you want to get a better idea of where your car is (once you have a VIN) and where the delays are likely to be (ie: the ports), then join Veda Primes service on Patreon.