Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to buy, depreciate it, claim back GST and sell it in NSW. Sydney area.
That won't really work as if you depreciate it your cost base on sale will be zero so anything you make will be fully assessable and you need to add GST on sale (assuming your registered for GST). If your thinking of not including the sale in your GST and tax return I'd advise against it as the ATO monitor that data very closely. I'm an accountant

Pick up went well at Miranda! The UMC was included along with USS on the bumpers. As expected, no cover over the trunk area (labelled as trunk and frunk on display). Almost forgot, on pickup the battery was on charge and only at 70% at time of departure... We made it home with no worries, but I was surprised it wasn't charged more. From default they have the charging set at 16Amp, be sure to change it higher if you can for home charging.
That looks awesome. How much was it to get this done?
LR Y is hampered by fact the battery is recommended to only be charged to 80% under normal circumstances. Not sure how you benefit from ‘extra range’ under normal driving conditions?
My opinion is that extra $1k’s for two motor, faster acceleration and range for the off chance it’s needed (where you then charge to 100%) is poor return on investment. Tesla Tom (Ludicrous Feed) contemplated the same dilemma and switched from MYP to the Y. Totally agree with his rationale.
I think people are misunderstanding that it can't be charged to 100%.
It definitely can be, it should just be used straight away so you will still get the longer range. Just don't do it all the time and keep it at 100%

For most, that just do everyday running around (to work, shops etc), the charge to 80-90% daily is irrelevant. You can charge to 100% as long as you don't leave it there for too long; so for road trips, where extra range is important, it gives you an extra 80km. Then add the safety factor of all wheel drive plus the quicker acceleration and the price difference doesn't seem too bad to me.
What Power Hungry said ^ is spot on.

Happy Friday everyone. Here is this week's shipping update:

- Don Juan is scheduled to arrive in Port Kembla on 16/04 after that I can stop tracking it since it p1sses off to deliver cars to another part of the world.
- Morning Crystal has arrived in Tianjin, departing for Shanghai soon (16/04)
- Turandot has FINALLY finished unloading and going back to Shanghai to pick up more cars on 23/04
- Morning Cherry has finally arrived in Brisbane and unloading as I type. Port Kembla is next up, who knows when it'll actually unload there though...
- Viking Passama has departed Shanghai and will arrive in Brisbane on 17/04, one day ahead of schedule (I'll believe it when I see it).
- Paganella has also left Shanghai and will arrive in Brisbane on 23/04 (same as comment in bracket above)
- Palmela is also dropping off cars in Adelaide(?) and Brisbane, apparently.

Looks like Port of Brisbane will have its hands full. Let's see how they cope with all these vehicle carriers arriving, successively.

It's been super quiet on the EDD update front which seems strange when so many ships are scheduled to arrive...
Has anyone in Brisbane/Sydney received any updates to their EDD because of these ships impending arrivals (Morning Cherry, Viking Passama + Paganella)???
Haven't done a shipping update for awhile. Will get onto it soon.

Happy Friday everyone. Here is this week's shipping update:

- Don Juan is scheduled to arrive in Port Kembla on 16/04 after that I can stop tracking it since it p1sses off to deliver cars to another part of the world.
- Morning Crystal has arrived in Tianjin, departing for Shanghai soon (16/04)
- Turandot has FINALLY finished unloading and going back to Shanghai to pick up more cars on 23/04
- Morning Cherry has finally arrived in Brisbane and unloading as I type. Port Kembla is next up, who knows when it'll actually unload there though...
- Viking Passama has departed Shanghai and will arrive in Brisbane on 17/04, one day ahead of schedule (I'll believe it when I see it).
- Paganella has also left Shanghai and will arrive in Brisbane on 23/04 (same as comment in bracket above)
- Palmela is also dropping off cars in Adelaide(?) and Brisbane, apparently.

Looks like Port of Brisbane will have its hands full. Let's see how they cope with all these vehicle carriers arriving, successively.

It's been super quiet on the EDD update front which seems strange when so many ships are scheduled to arrive...
Has anyone in Brisbane/Sydney received any updates to their EDD because of these ships impending arrivals (Morning Cherry, Viking Passama + Paganella)???
Shipping Update:
- Don Juan has finished its business in Port Kembla and is heading to other parts of Asia. Won't be seeing this vessel in Australian waters until at least June.
- Viking Passama... now a week behind schedule. Hasn't docked in Brisbane yet but should see some movement soon.
- Paganella is waiting to doc in Brisbane. Should be today (24/04) according to Public Pages
- Morning Crystal is due to arrive in Brisbane on 29/04
- Turandot is in Shanghai picking up more cars. Armacup has changed the route for this. The vessel was originally going to Brisbane first but is now going to arrive in Melbourne first on 10/05. It makes sense since there are already 3 ships waiting to unload cars in Brisbane.
- Morning Cherry has not officially arrived in Port Kembla but is close. Originally supposed to dock on 16/04
- Paglia has been renamed to Viking Paglia and is mid-way through dropping off cars to our international neighbours to the East of us. It will then go back to Shanghai for more cars.

Has anyone in Brisbane received their VIN/hidden VIN/text recently? Seeing as Viking Passama, Paganella, Morning Crystal are all close by. Would seem strange if there's no action on that front.

Until then, hang in there everyone. I'm still optimistic about getting my car in the "Feb-May" bracket.

Shipping Update:
- Don Juan has finished its business in Port Kembla and is heading to other parts of Asia. Won't be seeing this vessel in Australian waters until at least June.
- Viking Passama... now a week behind schedule. Hasn't docked in Brisbane yet but should see some movement soon.
- Paganella is waiting to doc in Brisbane. Should be today (24/04) according to Public Pages
- Morning Crystal is due to arrive in Brisbane on 29/04
- Turandot is in Shanghai picking up more cars. Armacup has changed the route for this. The vessel was originally going to Brisbane first but is now going to arrive in Melbourne first on 10/05. It makes sense since there are already 3 ships waiting to unload cars in Brisbane.
- Morning Cherry has not officially arrived in Port Kembla but is close. Originally supposed to dock on 16/04
- Paglia has been renamed to Viking Paglia and is mid-way through dropping off cars to our international neighbours to the East of us. It will then go back to Shanghai for more cars.

Has anyone in Brisbane received their VIN/hidden VIN/text recently? Seeing as Viking Passama, Paganella, Morning Crystal are all close by. Would seem strange if there's no action on that front.

Until then, hang in there everyone. I'm still optimistic about getting my car in the "Feb-May" bracket.
This is great. Thanks

Just took delivery of my new Model Y on last Saturday and wondering if you guys could provide some guidance.
A few issues that I noted.

1) Panel gaps - i presume panel gaps are normal for Tesla... even if i noticed a few, I guess i cannot complain too much.

2) Driver side wireless charging not working properly - raised this issue when picking up the car as it wasnt working at all. SA came and put his phone on the charger and somehow it worked so he dismissed my claim saying that it could be the phone case issue.
Now i tried 3 different iPhones at home still not charging...! Anyone experienced similar issue?

3) There is paint chip which i did not discover on the delivery day as it was hidden under the charge port.
Raised a service request but i am not sure if they will cover it as i was driving a couple of days after delivery.
Anyone discovered paint chip after the delivery? If so, did Tesla fix it for you free of charge?

4) Wood trim - side wood trims feel absolutely fine - but the front wood trim has some grains that is really rough and i can feel it with my fingers.
It isnt such a big issue - anyone think i should raise a service request for this?
Also front wood trim on the left hand side is higher than that of right hand side... not sure if this can be fixed?

I really love the car, but so far quite disappointed by the service experience.
SA tried to walk me out by dismissing all my claims saying that these are normal at delivery.
Frustrating as the Bluetooth was keep disconnecting as well - my SA came and saw Bluetooth was connected and he said it is working and walked away.
Sat down for 10 mins to replicate it and took video which clearly shows it was disconnecting and reconnecting.
Spoke to another agent on site - he came in to reset both the car and my phone and after spending 10 minutes it was working properly. so clearly there was issue...

I was prepared to take my time to look at everything but feel like kind of shooed away by the agent on that day and noticing more and more cosmetic issues... annoyed as the car itself is excellent to drive.

That won't really work as if you depreciate it your cost base on sale will be zero so anything you make will be fully assessable and you need to add GST on sale (assuming your registered for GST). If your thinking of not including the sale in your GST and tax return I'd advise against it as the ATO monitor that data very closely. I'm an accountant
Agreed. I am seeing more and more client these days trying to be clever with this stuff - and they get frustrated and vent on you when you tell them they cant do it :)

Just took delivery of my new Model Y on last Saturday and wondering if you guys could provide some guidance.
A few issues that I noted.

1) Panel gaps - i presume panel gaps are normal for Tesla... even if i noticed a few, I guess i cannot complain too much.

2) Driver side wireless charging not working properly - raised this issue when picking up the car as it wasnt working at all. SA came and put his phone on the charger and somehow it worked so he dismissed my claim saying that it could be the phone case issue.
Now i tried 3 different iPhones at home still not charging...! Anyone experienced similar issue?

3) There is paint chip which i did not discover on the delivery day as it was hidden under the charge port.
Raised a service request but i am not sure if they will cover it as i was driving a couple of days after delivery.
Anyone discovered paint chip after the delivery? If so, did Tesla fix it for you free of charge?

4) Wood trim - side wood trims feel absolutely fine - but the front wood trim has some grains that is really rough and i can feel it with my fingers.
It isnt such a big issue - anyone think i should raise a service request for this?
Also front wood trim on the left hand side is higher than that of right hand side... not sure if this can be fixed?

I really love the car, but so far quite disappointed by the service experience.
SA tried to walk me out by dismissing all my claims saying that these are normal at delivery.
Frustrating as the Bluetooth was keep disconnecting as well - my SA came and saw Bluetooth was connected and he said it is working and walked away.
Sat down for 10 mins to replicate it and took video which clearly shows it was disconnecting and reconnecting.
Spoke to another agent on site - he came in to reset both the car and my phone and after spending 10 minutes it was working properly. so clearly there was issue...

I was prepared to take my time to look at everything but feel like kind of shooed away by the agent on that day and noticing more and more cosmetic issues... annoyed as the car itself is excellent to drive.
Do you have any pictures of points 1, 3 and 4?
Where in Brisbane did you pick up your car, Mt Gravatt or Pinkenba?

Do you have any pictures of points 1, 3 and 4?
Where in Brisbane did you pick up your car, Mt Gravatt or Pinkenba?
Here you go.
Might be difficult to see the wood trim height difference but if you compare where the front trim meets the side ones, it is off slightly.
Took delivery from Mt Gravatt.

Attachments

• IMG_1022.jpg
    IMG_1022.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 66
  • panel left.jpg
    panel left.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 43
  • panel rignt.jpg
    panel rignt.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 40
  • trim left.jpg
    trim left.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 40
  • trim right.jpg
    trim right.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: Elite Display
Model Y RWD Blue / Black Interior - 19" Gemini wheels. Ordered 9/8/22 Melbourne.
I have an EDD of May 6 to May 27. I have received a final invoice with VIN and build date of 03/04/2023.

What ship would my car be in on ? I have had a look at the armacup schedule, and my best guess is Turandot scheduled to leave shanghai on 24/4 and arriving in Melbourne on 10/5.
Hi mate I have the same build date for Melbourne RWD Y W/W my EDD is 1-22May I was told it is already on waters so I think it might be paganella

Reactions: xavier2k3
My EDD just changed from Feb - May to April 24 - May 15. Ordered 8th of October in Brisbane.

Possibly been assigned a cancellation? Just find it a bit weird that the EDD starts from today.

MY RWD | Solid Black | 20’’ Induction Wheels | Black and White Interior

My EDD just changed from Feb - May to April 24 - May 15. Ordered 8th of October in Brisbane.

Possibly been assigned a cancellation? Just find it a bit weird that the EDD starts from today.

MY RWD | Solid Black | 20’’ Induction Wheels | Black and White Interior
Congratulations. You've waited long enough. Isn't there a ship arriving basically now in Brisbane? Maybe they were behind in allocating cars? Or maybe you are right and it's a cancellation.