Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Universal Mobile Connector is no longer standard equipment with new orders after 8 July 2022??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Once you place your order you get shown this?? Looks like they reduced the price of the Mobile Connector too

1657250853053.png

Considering the significant cost of the car and the absolute necessity of a charging cable, I think this is pretty poor form from Tesla.
If they just bumped the price by $550 then it may mean the difference between making a cutoff of a rebate or LCT threshold now or in future. I actually agree with them doing this as it also allows people to add what they need.

Reactions: moa999
Considering the significant cost of the car and the absolute necessity of a charging cable, I think this is pretty poor form from Tesla.

Since you're Type 2, at least anything works.
In the USA, anything other than a Tesla connector requires an adapter.

I've never used my Kona's portable EVSE. The one time I might have used it, I forgot to put it back in the car. (It gets taken out to free up some space when being loaded up with stuff, and they forget to put it back in.) It turned out that I didn't need it.

Last edited:
If they just bumped the price by $550 then it may mean the difference between making a cutoff of a rebate or LCT threshold now or in future. I actually agree with them doing this as it also allows people to add what they need.
I hear what you're saying.
I would agree with the move IF they reduced the base price of the car. But that's a big IF, and I'll believe it when I see it.
Seems like double-dipping to me

Last edited:
Reactions: Miggy
I hear what you're saying.
I would also agree with the move IF they reduced the base price of the car. But that's a big IF, and I'll believe it when I see it.
Seems like double-dipping to me
I expect further price rises. We are still significantly cheaper, pre-tax adjusted, from the USA even including adding back the mobile connector(which they also do not get). Comparing post taxes and rebates gets more complicated but even then we are cheaper and possibly cheaper again depending on variant and which states you compare against.

• Informative
Reactions: *Sparkles*
Agree.
With the Aussie dollar now at 0.68, I suspect this is very much putting off another price hike.

Personally I haven't used mine in two years of ownership, albeit it reduces anxiety knowing I have it.

But with the continued rollout of DC chargers in most states even that need will diminish.

Reactions: whoistheg