Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering this is a Model Y waiting room, can everyone please share their timeline for Model, Order Date, VIN allocation date and EDD/DD. It would be good for people like me who have been checking for hidden VIN everyday.
I ordered mine on 11th July for MY RW and still waiting on VIN.
OD 24/06
Sydney
Pearl White / 19 inch / Black interior / RWD
Estimated date - Jun -Aug
No VIN yet

Reactions: GazzaU1
I ordered the Model Y on the 06/06/23 and have just received an email from tesla notifying me that my model Y has arrived in Australia.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes from arriving to delivery?
1 to 4 weeks depending how busy the port and delivery centre is.

Picked up 3RWD in January this year. Was one of 500 Teslas delivered to Perth. Mine was approximately 3 weeks from when the ship started unloading. Other people reported getting appointments as early as 10 days after the ship docked, saw some posts from people with collection dates 1.5 weeks after mine. Timing can be impacted by how many cars (not just Teslas) arrive at port, how many car carrier trucks are available and how many collections theTesla delivery centre can manage each day once a shipment arrives.

1 to 4 weeks depending how busy the port and delivery centre is.

Picked up 3RWD in January this year. Was one of 500 Teslas delivered to Perth. Mine was approximately 3 weeks from when the ship started unloading. Other people reported getting appointments as early as 10 days after the ship docked, saw some posts from people with collection dates 1.5 weeks after mine. Timing can be impacted by how many cars (not just Teslas) arrive at port, how many car carrier trucks are available and how many collections theTesla delivery centre can manage each day once a shipment arrives.
PS. I am now awaiting a YLR MNS on black with 20" wheels. Ordered 14th July. No VIN yet.

Considering this is a Model Y waiting room, can everyone please share their timeline for Model, Order Date, VIN allocation date and EDD/DD. It would be good for people like me who have been checking for hidden VIN everyday.
People should pop it in their signature? Would make it easy to find :)

Reactions: Miggy

5 JULY: Order placed.
28 JULY: EDD on app changed to show specific dates.
31 JULY: Received VIN.
2nd AUG: Received Invoice.

*car expected to unload from ship around third week of AUG.

Expected delivery/pick up: 1st/2nd week of SEPT. (so slightly more than 2months from order date)

Hope thats helpful.

I ordered the Model Y on the 06/06/23 and have just received an email from tesla notifying me that my model Y has arrived in Australia.

Does anyone know how long it typically takes from arriving to delivery?

Around 3 weeks.

Reactions: nivas
5 JULY: Order placed.
28 JULY: EDD on app changed to show specific dates.
31 JULY: Received VIN.
2nd AUG: Received Invoice.

*car expected to unload from ship around third week of AUG.

Expected delivery/pick up: 1st/2nd week of SEPT. (so slightly more than 2months from order date)

Hope thats helpful.

Around 3 weeks.
That is so quick compared to orders placed over the last financial year.

21 May - MY LR Blue Ext, Black Int order placed. Original EDD Jun - July 2023
29 July - EDD changed to Aug 20 - Sept 10 2023
31 July - EDD changed back to Jun - Jul 2023
03 Aug - EDD changed to "TBD - Delivery timing will be available soon"

I also ordered a MX in 2021 and went through that roller coaster ride to nowhere....

That is so quick compared to orders placed over the last financial year.

Yeah I think compared to the people that have ordered last year, it is quicker.
However, from what I have gathered, buyers that have ordered from the second quarter of this year have been getting their orders roughly 2months from the day the order has been placed. (Of course not consider the outlier cases where you changed anything to your order.)

But you know, circumstance could still change ie. port congestion etc.

I am assuming it was LR model not RW?

MYRWD.

Reactions: GazzaU1
why do most of the cars ending up in the inventory is always 20" induction wheels?
Nothing wrong with 20” wheels unless you’re trying to get price under the rebate threshold. Much better tyres than what comes with the 19”. Range difference is negligible, especially around the city unless you plan on running it down close to 0% on a regular basis……I ordered 20” on my RWD Y and it will still have more range than my current 2021 M3 RWD which has more than I need. I’m sick of the wheel covers too.

Thought I’d just share my experience here over the past few months. I ordered my Y RWD 9th of May. Trade in offer by 22nd of May. My car was actually built on the 12th of May but I didn’t get a VIN allocated until I declined the trade in. Deliver window was initially July 16 - Aug 5. A couple of weeks ago it got pushed back to July 31st - Aug 21. There are a few car carrying ships due to arrive at Port Kembla in the next few days. They have all gone via Brisbane as usual so good chance these are Tesla ships and my car could be on one of them. This is my second Tesla from Shanghai so pretty similar experience to last time 2 years ago. Just a longer shipping time.
Update. My car arrived on Sunrise Ace on Tuesday. Got a text from Tesla confirming this too. Next day my delivery window changed to Aug 6-Aug 27. Picking up from Chatswood. Currently waiting on text to book date and time. Not holding my breath as there would have been a lot of cars on those ships that arrived this week.