Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was shocked by Toyota dealer when they telling me RAV4 waiting period is up to 3 years...
Who seriously wait for RAV4 for that long? Till this day, I still cannot understand....
My inlaws waited 10 or 11 months for corolla cross hybrid, then again they also heavily critiqued my wife and I for going all electric. Must be old skool thing. I'm sure there opinion will change once they have a go

It was made to order AFAIK. I did not purchase it from existing inventory. Very strange that your EDD is TBD. I feel like this must be some kind of bug.

@VicT85
they batch build especially as the AU market is RHD - and I suspect the batches might be subbatched according to model/options/colour?? - whatever makes their factory process efficient. It may also be that they build the order book and will build the batch/s only when there are enough orders in the batch/s
Or both cars might be on the same ship but the ship car carrier arrives at their port first rather than yours, Or the car was last on to the ship and likely first off
Many reasons....
Thanks for the insights

Guess i'll have to wait until they get to sub batching for my config.

Back to waiting for just my EDD to change from "TBD"...3+ months and counting

Thanks for the insights

Guess i'll have to wait until they get to sub batching for my config.

Back to waiting for just my EDD to change from "TBD"...3+ months and counting
You can always sms them to that number they msg you from and always call them. If you reach out and ask they are usually helpful and friendly. Albeit as you know not that aware of wtf is going on...... just trust what the Web portal says.

Another idea is if you can bend on config, every state has quite some stock in various forms. I tried to get a rwd 19" black int MY in red and tried to get them to drop the price, however they said the process is cancel your order and rebus what you want and if it lines up with current stock your in luck. If you ring they can tell you what's in stock. Just a thought

Spec: MY RWD, Black paint, Black interior, 19” Gemini wheels
Ordered: 3-Aug-2023
Vin allocated / final invoice: 17 August
RAV date of entry: 14 August
EDD: 8-29 September
EDD2: 30 September - 21 October (updated on 5 September)

Interestingly, the Tesla rep called me about 2 weeks after placing the order and said a lot of people get stuck in a catch 22. The final invoice (and sometimes VIN) wont be generated/allocated until the Payment Method/Finance section is finalised, but banks often require the final invoice to finalise financing. I hadn’t filled out the Payment Method section in the checklist because it asks for “The exact amount approved by your finance company” and I was still waiting on approval. He asked how much finance I had applied for, entered that in manually and said it could be changed later if needed. I had my VIN and final invoice the following day.

After reading some of the recent posts, I guess I'm in the same boat as a few others 😅 waiting for port congestion / the ship to dock.

Guys i have a question, is it true the model Y front license plate bracket pre-installed by Tesla is not flat? - so when placing the actual plates is that there is a gap on both ends between bracket and plate?
This is what my front plate looks like from the side.

Attachments

• PXL_20230906_215841663.jpg
    PXL_20230906_215841663.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 70
Guys i have a question, is it true the model Y front license plate bracket pre-installed by Tesla is not flat? - so when placing the actual plates is that there is a gap on both ends between bracket and plate?
Whilst it doesn’t say it’s for addressing any gaps you mention.. I did notice Tessories sell a slimline license plate bracket which shows before and after pictures.

Just hides the black plastic behind the plate.

Interestingly, the Tesla rep called me about 2 weeks after placing the order and said a lot of people get stuck in a catch 22. The final invoice (and sometimes VIN) wont be generated/allocated until the Payment Method/Finance section is finalised, but banks often require the final invoice to finalise financing. I hadn’t filled out the Payment Method section in the checklist because it asks for “The exact amount approved by your finance company” and I was still waiting on approval. He asked how much finance I had applied for, entered that in manually and said it could be changed later if needed. I had my VIN and final invoice the following day.

After reading some of the recent posts, I guess I'm in the same boat as a few others 😅 waiting for port congestion / the ship to dock.

Thanks for the response including your invoice date.

Tesla told me that I’d get my final invoice about 1 week before delivery. Seems that wasn’t quite correct.

Guess I just play the waiting game. Lol

Whilst it doesn’t say it’s for addressing any gaps you mention.. I did notice Tessories sell a slimline license plate bracket which shows before and after pictures.

Just hides the black plastic behind the plate.

That ia exactly what i ordered

Reactions: SeanyB-BBQ

That is QUICK ! I ordered 4-Aug MY RWD, white, black interior and 19" wheels. Still showing EDD July - September.

I'm wondering if I should do something like this also.
I ordered on 23/8 and financing through PLENTI but have not begun the process yet.
EDD still shows as AUG - SEP 2023 and only have the RN.