Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Morning Celo is due to leave Shanghai 12Oct, which suggests VINs for that load should be coming out this week (around time of load/ship depart).

I certainly hope so as I ordered 12Aug and still nothing… 🙏

I believe MY is the highest selling vehicle globally atm, and currently ranked second highest in AU. Lots of orders!!!

My Order: MY LR, White, Black Interior, 20” wheels
OD: 12Aug
EDD1: Aug-Sep
EDD2: TBD
EDD3: Oct-Nov 🙏🙏🙏
Ours are so similar. I'm also in Canberra and waiting.

Oh my lord. Got a delivery date range this morning. First time since I ordered in early August.
Est Delivery: Oct 27 - Nov 17

How reliable is this?
Also in Brisbane and have the same date. I was able to pull the VIN from the "view source" part of Chrome look for VIN" or LRW. I later received an email saying it is on Glovis Caravel which is due to arrive in Brisbane on the 19th.

Just got confirmation that ours is on Glovis Caravel also.
Still no VIN but we are financing through PLENTI and have not yet completed (waiting for VIN before completing) that so I'm wondering if that is why it's not showing?
I might see what updates overnight and call tomorrow.
I'm also financing and we don't have a VIN yet as we haven't completed that step but got the Glovis Caravel email.

Reactions: Goneincognito
Guys, there are some highlighted fields which are left blank in the application for vehicle registration form. Do I need to fill those fields and return to Tesla?
We're meant to receive an email from Tesla about completing the car registration document (probably comes through after all VINs are assigned). From other threads it seems you would send the registration form through to [email protected] (NSW only) ..

Hi all,

We received an updated delivery window today today. No VIN yet. Details copied from my signature:

Ordered: Model Y RWD White/White, Ordered Sep 21 | Sydney (Chatswood)
Est Delivery Date: Nov 16 - Dec 07, Ship: Glovis Caravel, Get ready SMS: ?, Delivery Date: ?

We have offered a trade in but haven't received a valuation yet to know whether we will accept it.

I am hoping, probably in vain, that it includes the recent additions announced in China, especially to 1s acceleration improvement and black hub caps.

I found the ship tracker here: MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

About a year and half ago we were eagerly waiting our Tesla Model 3, trawling forums like this to share the anticipation and any snippets of information. We received our Tesla Model 3 RWD white/white on August 31 2022, sold our house on December 1 and have been road tripping in our Tesla for nearly a year and 45,000km so far. See our blog at Tesla Tripping

Tom

I got the Glovis Caravel email today too, found VIN, EDD 17Nov to 7Dec. Tracked the ship, it will arrive in Brisbane on 19Oct. My pickup is Miranda, anyone know how long it takes from Brisbane to Sydney?
For a silly question, will the vessel head to Port Kembla next from Brisbane or on road? 🤪