Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I'm picking up my new car next week and was wondering if you have any recommendations for floor mats?
I have these and they are excellent.

Reactions: mpeter and sammody
I have these and they are excellent.

Second this.

I'm gonna risk it and try a cheaper popular option on Amazon. X-Car Tesla Model Y Floor Mats Interior Liners 6 Pcs Set Cargo Car Mats Luggage Tray Rear Front Trunk Toolbox(Well Storage) Accessories https://amzn.asia/d/cKtL19X
I have xcar in my new model 3. They are excellent.

IMG_9492.jpeg

IMG_9494.jpeg
IMG_9495.jpeg

Evening all, been a longtime reader - can finally join the party.

Ordered a white RWD Model Y on Tuesday - the SO wouldn’t let me go for white seats sadly :(

Ordered with an offical “March-April” timeframe but through phone correspondence have been told it could be as late as June.

Like so many else of you, this one is a novated lease - an absolute no brainer for me.

After having my order delayed on Glovis, then reassigned a car made on 26 December, then stalling for more than a month, I decided to forfeit the $400 and cancel my Model Y order. My reason is that Gigafactory Shanghai is now building model Ys with HW4 and also in Quicksilver colour though not for Australia as yet. Tesla most probably won’t offer these options in Australia as long as they still have a backlog of inventory to sell (which they most definitely do, including Glovis cars).

Tesla is holding off allowing Model Y orders in Quicksilver or for new orders to land with HW4, so they can continue selling cars manufactured as early as August 2023, and pass them off as 2024 cars. The greedy buggers also want to sell that inventory at full price.

So anyhoo, Ima hold off my order until I can order a Quicksilver car, with HW4 as standard equipment.

The right thing for Tesla to do, would be to move that 2023 inventory at heavy discounts, then bring us the latest spec.

The right thing for Tesla to do, would be to move that 2023 inventory at heavy discounts, then bring us the latest spec.
Aside from the whole you want your quicksilver HW4 factor, why? It makes no business sense for them to do so - it’s not as if the MY23 spec Tesla is any different than what’s out today.

I can get being annoyed at the whole Glovis thing, but to call them greedy for selling a car with nothing wrong with it at its retail value seems a bit much.

Reactions: Jules22
Aside from the whole you want your quicksilver HW4 factor, why? It makes no business sense for them to do so - it’s not as if the MY23 spec Tesla is any different than what’s out today.

I can get being annoyed at the whole Glovis thing, but to call them greedy for selling a car with nothing wrong with it at its retail value seems a bit much.
Me wanting Quicksilver & HW4 is 95% of my reason. The rest is my preference for a car manufactured in the current year, which has implications in future resale value

If quicksilver was available I’d have snapped it up, but I would rather have the current edition - USS and the wood panelling (because the other half wouldn’t approve of the white) are more important to me than ambient lighting. The new software would be nice, but I also suspect the price will go up a few thousand $, back to the $68000 mark I’d say, pushing silver option above the EV discount point here in WA.

I question whether they’ll even discount the current model - in other parts I believe it was a matter of all of a sudden new orders were given a disclaimer that the specs had changed at delivery

If quicksilver was available I’d have snapped it up, but I would rather have the current edition - USS and the wood panelling (because the other half wouldn’t approve of the white) are more important to me than ambient lighting. The new software would be nice, but I also suspect the price will go up a few thousand $, back to the $68000 mark I’d say, pushing silver option above the EV discount point here in WA.

I question whether they’ll even discount the current model - in other parts I believe it was a matter of all of a sudden new orders were given a disclaimer that the specs had changed at delivery
I had an order in for the 2023 model 3 before the highland was released. When it was released on sept 1 i was given the option to convert my order or cancel it.

There were no discounts on existing stock, even for the few months it took to start production and shipping of the new model.

They all sold and eventually the new model will replace inventory.

Its going to be a while before a new model Y lands in Australia so they will just manage production and availability of current stock leading up to it being announced (of which there seems to be plenty).

Its up to each individual if they want to wait or buy, the only person it affects is them so its no big deal.

Reactions: Jules22
The discounts will come if there’s any leftover pre Juniper stock 6 months after - as per what’s just happened with the first gen model 3. Some pretty hefty discounts on the non highland models.

I think the user above is being fanciful if they truly expect Tesla to cut prices for the hell of if it
Yep, spot on.

They adjust prices to match demand, at the moment there are so many people waiting on cars in Australia that to lower prices would be complete lunacy. They'd be more likely to increase the price temporarily.

Reactions: dronus