Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long does it normally take from port Kembla to delivery warehouse in sydney?
The limiting factor is the number of car carriers that they can book once the cars can be processed. You'll know that this has started once people start to receive the SMS to book in their delivery.

My guess based on my delivery is that we'll start to see new owners taking delivery around Wednesday / Thursday, then the deliveries of this shipment will take around 10-14 days after that. How quickly your own car appears depends on where it is in the queue to be processed in PK.

I just got an email from Tesla inviting me to a live Microsoft Teams stream all about the Model Y:

Meet Your Model Y

Join us for a live virtual education session to learn more about your Model Y.
You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions about charging your car, using your Tesla app and getting comfortable behind the wheel with a live presentation.
We're excited to see you – thank you for accelerating the transition to sustainable energy.

I got a number of different quotes in Sydney as I wasn't sure which direction I wanted to go.

$700 for wall charger install and 32amp single phase circuit. No wire run as I had this provisioned during house build.

$1400 for wall charger install, 3 phase upgrade of meter box, new meter (lines from street already run), 32 amp 3phase circuit. Also no wire run required.

I went with the 2nd option as I occasionally require a full recharge overnight and it would useful to add serious kms on quickly if needed, overkill for now but I'm future proofed if cars ever support 22kw charging.
Are you able please share your soarky details ?