Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should checkout sales in Vic
95k for basic white model
Ridiculous if you ask me but if anyone wants to pay that much, go for it
I like the cars but not that much

Just went to carsales.com.au and I see people trying to flip their Model Y's for around $85k, for a quick $5k profit (base RWD white colour with black interior, Gemini wheels). What does everyone think of this? No different to scalpers reselling sought after tickets to a convert, I suppose. (I dislike scalpers)

I just got the same text. I know everyone assumes they are on Asian Vision, but I wonder if (for Victorians) they have come off Glovis Century which docked yesterday at Port of Melbourne. If we get our follow up text in the next day or so (to arrange delivery) then I expect that's the RORO they were on.
If they come off they would show up in Rav search, mine still says not found. So hoping it will show once Asian vision docks in PK

Picked up my new MY last night in the Brisbane delivery warehouse. Very happy with it. Could not fault the fit and finish and went through it with a fine tooth comb. It's been great to participate in the banter on this forum. It certainly has helped with the frustrating waiting process. Probably won't be logging on here much in the future so all the best on your delivery, it's well worth the wait. See you on the road.

Picked up my new MY last night in the Brisbane delivery warehouse. Very happy with it. Could not fault the fit and finish and went through it with a fine tooth comb. It's been great to participate in the banter on this forum. It certainly has helped with the frustrating waiting process. Probably won't be logging on here much in the future so all the best on your delivery, it's well worth the wait. See you on the road.

"Frustrating waiting process" - if you are referring to the waiting of the launch, yes, but if you are referring to the wait after placing order, it's been barely 2 months. I am grateful it comes this quickly.

Reactions: jacksyd2022
I think we shouldn’t judge. A very small number of people might have bought their Model Y with the express intent of flipping at a profit. A risky business but lawful. A small number of people might have bought with the intention to hold on to it, but with EV wait times blowing out, have been opportunistic and think if they can sell at a profit why not.

And then some people might have simply changed their minds for whatever reason, or had a serious or tragic change in their life circumstances and need to sell.

Hence the not leaping to judgment.
Gordon Gekko's quote "greed, for lack of a better word, is good" from the 1987 film Wall Street.:rolleyes::confused:

Based on the model 3 thread even for the those who received the schedule sms the available slots are later in the week/next week. So I assume ours will be around the end of next week or the week after.
Yep I had to wait 8 days from the pre-SMS to the SMS. Have seen others getting it a day or two after the pre-SMS. All comes down to where your car was on the ship and/or where it gets parked when it comes off.