Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Asian Vision is just about the corner. Finally visible on the East coast.
Screenshot_2022-08-25-07-17-52-83_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Reactions: SYDNEYPSYCHO
Just a honest question, have you done ceramic coating and PPF on your CX5?
And what is reasonable to someone could be super expensive, from what I see people here think 2k for PPF alone Is reasonable but I see as unnecessary expense specially if car is never parked outside and washed regularly
I have not, its a used car so was no point doing the ceramic coating. For New car, like the Tesla, its worth doing, as i have read many places.

I got myself a diy kit for the front. Driving a fair bit on unsealed roads, so stone chips are a concern. Also got two rear ppf pieces for where the car bows out, as well as mudflaps to prevent stones from being kicked up.

Not going to bother with ceramic. Will give the car a spray of Bowden's Happy Ending once in a while, otherwise I'm not too fussed about it.
i understand the Ceramic coat can be done at home, may be not as detailed as the detailing shop. but I am still unsure about PPF. My driving is generally limited to city driving and seasonal long drives like Melbourne to Sydney and back. i do plan to keep the car for some years to come but i do want to maintain the car to retain its premium look and value eventually.

I would love to hear more views and if any good deals around in melbourne for the ceramic and ppf, someone who might have got it done.

I have not, its a used car so was no point doing the ceramic coating. For New car, like the Tesla, its worth doing, as i have read many places.
i think it all comes to personal preference , some people have keen eye and kind of OCD when it comes to cars , similar to people who are obsessed about lawns . If you are that kind of person then go for it . But for me personally its just extra $$ for no real benefit . Most people who write about PPF or ceramic coating are people who have really keen eye and special interest in cars . For normal Joe i don't think you will ever notice the difference specially if cars that are mainly stick to urban day to day shopping trips. some fool defiantly going to crash their trolley or ding their door one day and PPF and ceramic coating wont stop that. Just remember Tesla is same as any other car when it comes to paint so no special care necessary

Reactions: lS3toM3
i think it all comes to personal preference , some people have keen eye and kind of OCD when it comes to cars , similar to people who are obsessed about lawns . If you are that kind of person then go for it . But for me personally its just extra $$ for no real benefit . Most people who write about PPF or ceramic coating are people who have really keen eye and special interest in cars . For normal Joe i don't think you will ever notice the difference specially if cars that are mainly stick to urban day to day shopping trips. some fool defiantly going to crash their trolley or ding their door one day and PPF and ceramic coating wont stop that. Just remember Tesla is same as any other car when it comes to paint so no special care necessary

I also have a real bad expereicen with PPF. In my current car it has melted and stuck on to the paint and is now unremovable.

Attachments

• tempImageryJYqB.png
    tempImageryJYqB.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: lS3toM3