Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, is there any website or spreadsheet where people enter when they ordered what specs and when they were delivered? That would give a good prediction on delivery time.

In case not, I've created a spreadsheet to track this - Tesla Order Tracker
I seen someone mention this one yesterday, not sure how up to date it is though since it’s got orders from when they opened and not everyone has updated their status

I seen someone mention this one yesterday, not sure how up to date it is though since it’s got orders from when they opened and not everyone has updated their status
I'm anyway building a portal to track any Tesla orders placed in any region. Started it as a side project. This way, unlike a spreadsheet, a person will be able to update only his own order. And reminders can be sent to the owner every X weeks asking him to update the status of the order. If you think it's worth it, I'll continue with the project and possibly go live immediately.

I'm anyway building a portal to track any Tesla orders placed in any region. Started it as a side project. This way, unlike a spreadsheet, a person will be able to update only his own order. And reminders can be sent to the owner every X weeks asking him to update the status of the order. If you think it's worth it, I'll continue with the project and possibly go live immediately.
Nice I’d use that

What benefit would it give people for the effort of having to fill information in at regular intervals and notifications coming into their inbox? The benefit of the spreadsheet is that I get access to all of the Anonymous data and can get a sense of wether or not delivery is imminent for me.

What benefit would it give people for the effort of having to fill information in at regular intervals and notifications coming into their inbox? The benefit of the spreadsheet is that I get access to all of the Anonymous data and can get a sense of wether or not delivery is imminent for me.
Well the stats, and order details (that aren't private) are public and data can be seen by anyone without logging in and this data isn't shown with any personally identifiable data.

Login is just to ensure that you edit only your own data. Plus generating stats for each region is easier with an app than spreadsheet.

Most times people forget to update on time, an email would help remind people to update the status. And it's completely optional. You can chose not to receive reminders. You can chose to receive a weekly or monthly or daily update of the stats on your email. All these would be optional so it doesn't become intrusive.

Last edited:
Well the stats, and order details (that aren't private) are public and data can be seen by anyone without logging in and this data isn't shown with any personally identifiable data.

Login is just to ensure that you edit only your own data. Plus generating stats for each region is easier with an app than spreadsheet.

Most times people forget to update on time, an email would help remind people to update the status. And it's completely optional. You can chose not to receive reminders. You can chose to receive a weekly or monthly or daily update of the stats on your email. All these would be optional so it doesn't become intrusive.
I'm not sure about generating stats for a particular region being easier with an App than with a spreadsheet: Pivot tables are pretty powerful.

Reminders to update the spreadsheet is what I see as the primary advantage; but that could easily be accomplished by making people sign up for a mailing list at the same time as they put data in the spreadsheet. That too could be an optional signup.

Finally, the spreadsheet seems to not have bad actors in it and, with sheet history, can be restored to a good state pretty easily. It's a common good that only the passionate are updating so I'm not sure that there is a need to enforce that you can only update your own data.

In short, I'm not sure why this would need to be an App. But, that said, don't let my naysaying stop you: if you think the idea has merit then build it and share it with the community. If you do build it, I promise you this: I'll add my data to it. It would not be the first time that I could not see the benefit of an App but then it turned out to be very popular.

Is Tesla doing some back end account stuff?
My MYP has some additional steps that weren't there before to be done - or might have been done on Day 1 order - was so long I can't remember.
It's asking me about trade in, address and registrant details. So I've put in all the details, uploaded drivers license etc etc. Then confirmed payment method.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. Movement at the station. Have also added all the details they asked for. Next stage is they will assign a VIN and will be after payment (they will need to provide bank details etc). very good news we have just moved up the que a bit. My guess is this was the step before them scheduling to make the cars. At least they are indicating our MYPs are now entering the production process

I have also submitted the additional details (address, licence & payment details) today. I'm thinking of custom number plate, not sure about the process for custom number plate with Tesla.

I know in WA it comes with standard plates and you then have to go do plate swap at Dept of Transport for your private ones as Tesla doesn't handle it. It's probably the same for VIC

Reactions: AyRe