Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how to add new post. So replying to existing one.

Model Y Induction wheel.
How easy or difficult it is to replace them after taking delivery? They look soo cool...but wondering how can I get them for cheap? :)

I searched in Facebook Marketplace/Gumtree/FB Tesla buy sell group, but no listing for them. Thanks.
I’ll sell you mine when it arrives. I’ve already got replacement wheels and tyres. $5000 cash 😉

This is probably the unpopular opinion but I can't wait for the 21's on the MYP. I was even looking at 22's to fill the arch a bit nicer. I'm sure the ride will be harsh and I'm sure the range will be worse but for a car that is sub 4 sec 0-100 it's kind of what I would expect
The heavier the wheel the slower you will go. they look great but the unsprung mass is a killer . guys in the US running light weight 19” wheels are getting quicker times.

Reactions: joseph.luppino
first post here, but have been reading for a few weeks...

Objective- want a model Y, white, standard....lowest price one...to be available when I come back from a big trip in May this year. Leaving in a week.

I dont have anywhere to store until then, I dont have a garage/drive.

1. Do i buy from inventory in vic/nsw (I am in nsw)...and hope there are more cars
2. Order a MYP...and change the order to MY a few weeks before I come back and jump to front of MY queue?
3. Order a MY and try and time it....do I order now or Jan, will thailand change matters? since they might take stock...

first post here, but have been reading for a few weeks...

Objective- want a model Y, white, standard....lowest price one...to be available when I come back from a big trip in May this year. Leaving in a week.

I dont have anywhere to store until then, I dont have a garage/drive.

1. Do i buy from inventory in vic/nsw (I am in nsw)...and hope there are more cars
2. Order a MYP...and change the order to MY a few weeks before I come back and jump to front of MY queue?
3. Order a MY and try and time it....do I order now or Jan, will thailand change matters? since they might take stock...
When I ordered MY RW on 1st of December (Feb-May timeframe) I asked the SA whether it will be more likely to arrive on the Feb end, or the May end.
He thought it would likely be closer to Feb. I've seen a few people here post that they got delivery dates 6 weeks after ordering.
If you order now - there's every chance it will arrive way before you come back from OS. Trying to time a delivery to a date is probably not possible.

You could just ask Tesla Tom to pick it up for you 😂

MY's being delivered now will miss out on HD radar (expected to come in from mid-Jan 2023 onwards). Why would anyone take delivery of one now?
There's always the potential of something being changed, removed or modified. If you wait for one thing you might lose another. Also, it's not confirmed yet that the radar will be installed in the vehicles (although it seems probable)

When I ordered MY RW on 1st of December (Feb-May timeframe) I asked the SA whether it will be more likely to arrive on the Feb end, or the May end.
He thought it would likely be closer to Feb. I've seen a few people here post that they got delivery dates 6 weeks after ordering.
If you order now - there's every chance it will arrive way before you come back from OS. Trying to time a delivery to a date is probably not possible.

You could just ask Tesla Tom to pick it up for you 😂
Interesting. I ordered my MY RW on 2nd Sep (NSW). At the rate you've defined I should get it this month, shouldn't I? No news of Vin yet!