Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I was expecting a lowball offer, but Tesla's offer was a total joke. Subaru Liberty GT SpecB Wagon worth around $12k private, with the cheapest Manual currently listed for $14k (Redbook says Trade-in price of $10k). Tesla offered $4k :rolleyes:. Definitely selling it privately.... I know it's only $6k difference, but their offer shouldn't be 40% of Trade-in value.
Carsales Instant offer was declined, and Carpoint (EDIT, might've been Drive.com.au, can't remember since it was a few months ago) one went through but never got back to me.

I'd say Tesla trade in might work ok for vanilla cars but for 'enthusiast' cars like a nice GT Subie then there will be a private buyer who will pay a lot better money for it. I'll buy it for $5k :)

Reactions: tom_kauf
does anybody know if the Model Y performance "Dual Motor" with the red underline is the same as the Model 3?
The RHD Model Y Performance that Tesla brought in for compliance purposes last year has one:

tesla-model-y-price-40.jpg

Reactions: aussiericky
The RHD Model Y Performance that Tesla brought in for compliance purposes last year has one:

tesla-model-y-price-40.jpg

Thanks everyone for your feedback on this... yep... it looks pretty well the same as the Model 3 one... I think I will be fine with this on my Y after it is PPF'ed. BTW Tesla charged $34 for this

There are RWD Y orders from June that haven’t got their cars yet, so I think you’re a fair way off ye

There are RWD Y orders from June that haven’t got their cars yet, so I think you’re a fair way off yet.
Ohhh snap. I thought it was just the MYPs that were still coming from way back then. Dang what a wait o_O
Saw a bloke on my local page who ordered a week before me, similar specs and hes got a VIN already, was hoping id be soonish but guess not lel

Ordered 14th Dec same day as car, still not a peep :(
You might need to chase them up then. I emailed the online orders general email and they were really good with my issue, sorted it within a day.

I just checked my emails for you - I ordered 14/01/23 and it arrived 27/01/23. It was out of stock for a while but I registered to be notified when back in stock and I ordered the next day.

You are talking about Tesla branded wall charger from their Australian online shop?

You might need to chase them up then. I emailed the online orders general email and they were really good with my issue, sorted it within a day.

I just checked my emails for you - I ordered 14/01/23 and it arrived 27/01/23. It was out of stock for a while but I registered to be notified when back in stock and I ordered the next day.

You are talking about Tesla branded wall charger from their Australian online shop?
Thanks for that, and yes Tesla branded wall charger from Australian online shop. I will flick them an email now!

Ohhh snap. I thought it was just the MYPs that were still coming from way back then. Dang what a wait o_O
Saw a bloke on my local page who ordered a week before me, similar specs and hes got a VIN already, was hoping id be soonish but guess not lel
Wouldn’t worry to much about the eastern states and their delivery delays, WA Is definitely ahead.

MY RWD in the recent batch due on the ship tomorrow in freo have order dates from mainly Sep/Oct but with some orders ranging Sep-Dec. I ordered first week of November and have nothing.

There’s a few people here from WA with MYP orders from day 1 with nothing yet, WA missed out on the MYP vins last week the eastern states got but we all watching for the end of this week or start of next for next batch of vins for WA. You never know, WA might have less orders for the MYP and even a December order my get it in the next batch but I wouldn’t hold my breath.