Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I couldn't see any other Tesla's on the dock during that pan. Given the distinctive glass roof you'd think you could pick them up. The reason it's interesting is - does that mean there's no backlog and they've now delivered all the cars from the last ship? If so then how long did it take them to hand out the last 500 vehicles?

(Also - what's with all the bright blue cars?! I counted 25+ and I don't think I've ever seen one on the road. Who's ordering those? And what sorts of cars are they I wonder?)

Does this tweet help?

The light blue ones look like the MG ZST ... *shudders*
7511766876228328ef414d916234759_0_0.jpg

Hahaha - i googled the MG ZST (never heard of it) and the first question people ask is "what problems do MG ZST have?" Apparently the answer (from RACV_ is "Poor ride quality, underpowered engine, handling, hidden cruise control stalk, patchy adaptive cruise control, no steering wheel reach adjustment." Oh dear.

What I was really getting at (and Blue heaven answered nicely) is that if 500 cars came in on January 12th, how many are left to be delivered? If they got 500 cars out within 20 days then this lot should all be delivered by roughly 22nd February?!

Hahaha - i googled the MG ZST (never heard of it) and the first question people ask is "what problems do MG ZST have?" Apparently the answer (from RACV_ is "Poor ride quality, underpowered engine, handling, hidden cruise control stalk, patchy adaptive cruise control, no steering wheel reach adjustment." Oh dear.

What I was really getting at (and Blue heaven answered nicely) is that if 500 cars came in on January 12th, how many are left to be delivered? If they got 500 cars out within 20 days then this lot should all be delivered by roughly 22nd February?!
They were pumping through them last I seen and these I’d expect to be all delivered by the week you said with the 22nd in it. Might be some stragglers but unless something goes wrong it should be set for the next delivery which is hopefully on board comet ace due 12th Feb. hopefully some vins in the next few days if comet ace is a carrier

They were pumping through them last I seen and these I’d expect to be all delivered by the week you said with the 22nd in it. Might be some stragglers but unless something goes wrong it should be set for the next delivery which is hopefully on board comet ace due 12th Feb. hopefully some vins in the next few days if comet ace is a carrier
Comet Ace looks like it's going Shanghai to Fremantle direct. The batch currently sitting on the dock went Shanghai to Singapore to Fremantle.

Comet Ace looks like it's going Shanghai to Fremantle direct. The batch currently sitting on the dock went Shanghai to Singapore to Fremantle.

Yes, the direct route is much quicker but I assume only done when there is enough cars to make it worthwhile. Perth deliveries have gone direct (Shanghai to freo) or via Laem Chabang (Thailand and then to Free) or via Singapore. The routes vary and when a boat can hold 2-3000 cars it has other automotive manufacturers to pick up from so the routes will vary. Comet Ace was in Japan before Shanghai so might have picked up some Subarus etc for Fremantle.
No confirmation it has Teslas yet. Got to wait for a new lot of Vins to be assigned then see if they are on Comet.

Reactions: Dannerz
Does anyone know (or can anyone reasonably infer) whether all Day 1 orders have now been processed for RWD MY? Are we close to seeing a more reasonable progression through dates for Feb-May 23 EDD customers? The Google Docs spreadsheet does not give good vibes on this as most orders after Day 1 appear to me to be aberrations rather than evidence of a wholesale progression. There's one dude called Phil with an order date of 15 June and a VIN but precious little else. Thoughts?