Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone got an idea of what the latest time of order for MYP is to have received a Vin or specific delivery date range (other than just jan march) etc. I'm at 1pm order time. Viking Passasma is now also on the Brisbane expected vessels list so would think Tesla should be getting well down day 0 at this stage.

Happy days. Final invoice as well with build day 12-01. MYP Red Sydney now with EDD Feb 15-March 8 which is almost a whole month earlier than the previous. đź‘Šđź‘Šđź‘Š
So with all things considered, it appears that it was CNY that slowed VIN assignments because mine was made the 12th and heard nothing until Wednesday. In fact if it’s ready to be picked up in 2 weeks it’s definitely already in transit and they didn’t bother updating.

Anyone got an idea of what the latest time of order for MYP is to have received a Vin or specific delivery date range (other than just jan march) etc. I'm at 1pm order time. Viking Passasma is now also on the Brisbane expected vessels list so would think Tesla should be getting well down day 0 at this stage.
I’m a 11:03am order for reference.

Reactions: Way Downunder
If that was repeated here MYP would be under the LCT threshold so the price reduction would be around $10k. Unfortunately too much demand to expect that sort of reduction here.
Mind you that would increase demand for MYP as long as there is no Long Range available. However likely at the expense of the RWD and of course heartbeaking for those that have already paid at higher prices too.

Mind you that would increase demand for MYP as long as there is no Long Range available. However likely at the expense of the RWD and of course heartbeaking for those that have already paid at higher prices too.
Also not good for sellers in used car market as prices would also like drop a further $5K. However great for second hand buyers. Swings and roundabouts, winners and losers.

I've ordered a MY Red with Enhanced Autopilot, estimated delivery Feb-May. Hopefully it comes with USS otherwise I'll be asking for my money back for the Enhanced Autopilot upgrade as it'll be missing 3/5 features.

I wanted a MYP but because of the price it isn't eligible for the FBT exemption, so I just went with the MY 🙂

Very excited

USS is the park assist radar? What other radar is there
USS = Ultrasonic Sensors. It uses sound (like sonar on a submarine) to measure distance from nearby objects for parking purposes.

Radar uses radio waves over longer distance, and was used to keep a safe following distance from the vehicle in front when using cruise control or autopilot - this is now 100% done using cameras only, even on cars that had radar fitted.

UK MYPs have turned up with no park assist last year.
Yes, but they got a very specific warning that the ultrasonics would be removed

UK/EU warning:

TeslaVisionEU.png

Model 3s in Australia got a different warning talking about losing radar only:

TeslaVisionAU.png

I don't think Aussie Model Y orders got either of those warnings, because no Model Y was ever fitted with radar for our market - and because Tesla hasn't removed the ultrasonics for Australia yet.

• Helpful
Reactions: Crunchy and Bogan
USS = Ultrasonic Sensors. It uses sound (like sonar on a submarine) to measure distance from nearby objects for parking purposes.

Radar uses radio waves over longer distance, and was used to keep a safe following distance from the vehicle in front when using cruise control or autopilot - this is now 100% done using cameras only, even on cars that had radar fitted.

Yes, but they got a very specific warning that the ultrasonics would be removed

UK/EU warning:

View attachment 903057

Model 3s in Australia got a different warning talking about losing radar only:

View attachment 903058

I don't think Aussie Model Y orders got either of those warnings, because no Model Y was ever fitted with radar for our market - and because Tesla hasn't removed the ultrasonics for Australia yet.
Got it, Thank you. Personally happy with Tesla vision with autopilot as our M3 has been better with it, it’s the park assist which I want for garages etc.

Reactions: [Zombie]