Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw a day 0 MYP at 12:30 have it's EDD changed from 14/2-7/3 out to 17/3-7/4. I was about 1pm so happy to see activity getting closer. Much later orders won't be being updated until someone actually looks at hat order sometime in the future. So EDD don't look sensible until reviewed and that seems to be a manual job. Out by a month might be the effect of multiple slow port entries. Our Ports seem unable to cope with the traffic at the moment.

I’m a newbie at tracking, but according to this Daily Vessel Movements , Viking Passama is not scheduled to dock in port Kembla…at least not before 19th of Feb.
Viking Passama is at anchor off the gold coast waiting to get into Brisbane port, then will go to Port Kembla and do the same there probably, then to Melbourne and hence the delays. 'Vessel finder " search Viking Passama.

Reactions: Crunchy
Just saw a day 0 MYP at 12:30 have it's EDD changed from 14/2-7/3 out to 17/3-7/4. I was about 1pm so happy to see activity getting closer. Much later orders won't be being updated until someone actually looks at hat order sometime in the future. So EDD don't look sensible until reviewed and that seems to be a manual job. Out by a month might be the effect of multiple slow port entries. Our Ports seem unable to cope with the traffic at the moment.
Yes the change is most likely due to arriving late and not being able to dock and port congestion. The EDD will move 1-3 times after it's first assigned due to logistics

Reactions: Way Downunder
For those interested/MyP orderers on 10/06, my Est Delivery is still showing Jan - Mar 2023. I have still hope but it seems that March delivery is unlikely to happen for me. Given the shipping delays for those with morning orders that already have vin and delivery dates. FYI - I ordered MyP on 10/06 just after 2 pm. Pearl white with black interior. Based in Sydney. No Vin yet.

Reactions: singo79

Interesting read, not great timing 😔

Not great timing but logistics has always been a nightmare. Teslas for Perth used to come via the east coast and then onto another ship to get to Fremantle but lining up the ships was becoming increasingly hard so now Perth gets a direct (or semi direct via Thailand/Singapore) ships instead to bypass east coast issues.
Will we see a first ever dock at Adelaide and then truck to Melbourne this year - only time will tell.

2 MOLAce ships due in Fremantle next week. 1 from Shanghai and one from Singapore so here’s a few more VINs get assigned soon.

Swallow Ace and Comet Ace are having a race to see who can get here first and into port. I feel like Comet Ace is the more likely of the 2 to have Teslas but until we get some vins it's all up in the air. Fingers crossed for some vins today for Perth.

Comet Ace coming in to beat Swallow

Last edited: