Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received the below text message

Hi Jayden,

Due to significant port congestion resulting in vessel delays, we estimate your vehicle delivery may be delayed by up to 1-2 weeks. Visit your Tesla Account to view your current delivery estimate and complete any outstanding tasks:

We are working closely with our logistics partners to get your vehicle ready as soon as possible. Once a firm date is available, you will receive an SMS or Email inviting you to select your Express Delivery appointment.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
Got this text as well, but EDD has not changed…I guess they expect port congestion in Port Kembla for Sydney deliveries.

My EDD remains the same - 11/2 to 4/3

Tossing up whether to sell my ICE now or wait a few days to see if that shifts - happy to go a bit without a car, but I have an interstate trip at the start of March I don't want to take the 2nd car for

For general information purposes (I tried to be as exact as possible) :

21-10-22 Ordered MY RWD no options (ie White exterior, black interior, 19" wheels)
21-12-22 Vehicle build date
10-01-23 "Vehicle Assigned" email
10-01-23 Ship carrying the car arrives in Singapore from Shanghai
16-01-23 "Delivery Approaching" email
20-01-23 Registration document ready
21-01-23 "Final Invoice" email
24-01-23 VIN added to RAV
25-01-23 Ship leaves Sinagpore
30-01-23 Ship arrives off Perth but doesn't dock
02-02-23 Ship docks at Fremantle
06-02-23 "Your Model Y is ready to be scheduled for delivery" text message
23-02-23 Delivery date (selected earliest available)

Hopefully that helps someone to work out where they are in the process. Looking now at the dates, it all happens pretty quickly really - less than a month from a vehicle being assigned to scheduling delivery.
Damn I appreciate that level of detail so much, being from Perth and waiting for the same thing except MSM it gives a better idea other than the colour. Wish everyone was this helpful haha. My order date was 5-11-22 and still Feb-May in Perth for anyone else comparing

Reactions: The Skeezer