Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It gives a good baseline to make comparisons based on provider and state being insured in. Agree that many variables to consider however is a good starting point 🙂.
Probably just better to have a list of places that will insure it, people can get their own pricing.

In VIC for a MYP this is who I found will insure. Westpac/Allianz were the cheapest in my circumstance however cant get Allianz to cover a 2023 model (yet)

• Allianz
  • QBE
  • AAMI
  • RACV
  • Westpac

Probably just better to have a list of places that will insure it, people can get their own pricing.

In VIC for a MYP this is who I found will insure. Westpac/Allianz were the cheapest in my circumstance however cant get Allianz to cover a 2023 model (yet)

• Allianz
  • QBE
  • AAMI
  • RACV
  • Westpac
Good info mate.
Spoke to Allianz on Saturday. They have guaranteed(!!) they will make the 2023 MYP pop up this week in the system, but I wouldn’t hold my breath over it…they are the better priced for the 2022 by far for me…

Reactions: joseph.luppino
Afternoon all

Time for my weekly pulse of this forum but asked this time in a different way. Please post your date/ time of order, config and state if you fit into the bucket below

- RWD order; and
- Day 1 order; and
- Still no VIN or any comms from Tesla on EDD; and
- Not in WA (you guys are already sitting pretty)

Main reason for this is to again shatter the hopes and dreams of us late June and July (and thereafter as well) orderers(?) by showing how many Day 1 orders not yet fulfilled. Nothing would make me happier than to get no responses to this post but I suspect there's more out there than we might think.

Go on, crush our spirits.

Last edited:
Afternoon all

Time for my weekly pulse of this forum but asked this time in a different way. Please post your date/ time of order, config and state if you fit into the bucket below

- RWD order; and
- Day 1 order; and
- Still no VIN or any comms from Tesla on EDD

Main reason for this is to again shatter the hopes and dreams of us late June and July (and thereafter as well) orderers(?) by showing how many Day 1 orders not yet fulfilled. Nothing would make me happier than to get no responses to this post but I suspect there's more out there than we might think.

Go on, crush our spirits.
State specific to begin with but I don’t believe there is any day one orders for MYRWD left. But still plenty to get through for the eastern states from the first month or two still by the looks. I mainly been keeping an eye on the west where I am which seems to be at November / December orders for next vins beside the classic MSM with Black interior which is still mid October.

State specific to begin with but I don’t believe there is any day one orders for MYRWD left. But still plenty to get through for the eastern states from the first month or two still by the looks. I mainly been keeping an eye on the west where I am which seems to be at November / December orders for next vins beside the classic MSM with Black interior which is still mid October.
Yes, I should have caveated that the "exceptionalists" in Perth could just privately gloat rather than publicly :) Let me edit my original post to be more clear!

Looks like Port congestion is way out of control, huge numbers minimal resources to clean and inspect. Drive.com Total ship show: Quarantine crisis deepens, 60,000 new cars stuck at sea and ports details what is happening. Seems bio contamination, soil and seed the main problem. Cars not stored properly, Tesla east coast cars should be ok bio security wise, is my hopeful guess, as mostly on regular boats not ring ins and not swapped from boat to boat. If co-shipped with other manufacturer's cars and bugs involved it is a different story. But they can't get to port to unload anyway and that means delays at each port, rather than passing quarantine once and then bob's your uncle. EDDs hmm emphasis on the E.

Looks like Port congestion is way out of control, huge numbers minimal resources to clean and inspect. Drive.com Total ship show: Quarantine crisis deepens, 60,000 new cars stuck at sea and ports details what is happening. Seems bio contamination, soil and seed the main problem. Cars not stored properly, Tesla east coast cars should be ok bio security wise, is my hopeful guess, as mostly on regular boats not ring ins and not swapped from boat to boat. If co-shipped with other manufacturer's cars and bugs involved it is a different story. But they can't get to port to unload anyway and that means delays at each port, rather than passing quarantine once and then bob's your uncle. EDDs hmm emphasis on the E.
I think those that were on the Paglia should be fine and good to go as we've already seen deliveries from that ship into Brisbane so assumption is that the boat is clean otherwise it would have been picked up at Brisbane.