Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So with recent information of the price hikes in insurance policies I have just decided to purchase my policy now. Allianz has drastically increased the price, and I feel others may do the same.

I was able to complete a quote, and have a policy ready to start for the 24th Feb (My current EDD) through Westpac using only the VIN number, not needing the rego. Total cost with $1500 excess and windscreen excess was $1850 annually. For those that are planning to put custom plates on you can probably do the same by adding in your registration as you know what it will be?

Worst case scenario is I pay insurance for a couple of weeks for a car I don't own but beats paying the $700 increase in price that Alliance have implemented, and possibly that others might do the same.

Do you need a VIN prior to getting a RAV?

Also have Telsa Vin finder extension on Tesla account page but mentions VIN not found. I have looked at source code and understand VIN may {?} be hidden within source page under 'my account' - if so what does it look like? How many characters in a VIN?

Hope someone can shed some light 💡
17 long no O, first four LRWY, cntrl f in the source code screen brings up a search bar type in LRWY and wait a bit to see if it finds the VIN, note it is in lin 148 half way along. My experience anyway. Also the tesla vin finder extension agrees with the search cnrl f method.

Still find it nuts we’ve seen nothing in WA this quarter still, legit think they’ve seen we are further ahead then the east so instead of increasing production there they’ve just cut our portion of the production.

Anyway I won’t go to detailed into it but Swift ace and marguerite ace are still underway. If these have any vins tomorrow is probably their last chance to show it otherwise I’d write them off.

Swallow ace docked in Perth yesterday and it was a NAPEX vessel which teslas seem to love but we were neglected. The next one of them pulls into Shanghai this weekend so that would be the next probably candidate but we wouldn’t see vins until late next week from that. That ones called mermaid ace. If mermaid ace is this quarters only carrier, it will only make it to Perth by end of March if it continues to Perth after Singapore however noting the delay between unloading and deliveries, early April is most likely.

Perth delivery centre is going to have a quiet March.
yes but PYD EDD is still January March for WA orders. I'd say they will have hard time meeting that commitment. Surprising that they have not updated EDD for WA performance orders

yes but PYD EDD is still January March for WA orders. I'd say they will have hard time meeting that commitment. Surprising that they have not updated EDD for WA performance orders
I wouldn’t expect that to change, vins will still be assigned before end of March with mermaid ace, the next napex vessel (Lake Geneva in mid March) or whatever else leaves Shanghai before mid March. In hand deliveries, if it was mermaid ace, seems somewhat possible for last week of March if the transfer is smooth or mermaid ace continues to Fremantle. Early April seems more likely though which will suck for some onboard who didn’t order before the umc cut off like me haha.

I wouldn’t expect that to change, vins will still be assigned before end of March with mermaid ace, the next napex vessel (Lake Geneva in mid March) or whatever else leaves Shanghai before mid March. In hand deliveries, if it was mermaid ace, seems somewhat possible for last week of March if the transfer is smooth or mermaid ace continues to Fremantle. Early April seems more likely though which will suck for some onboard who didn’t order before the umc cut off like me haha.
There is a good chance you will still get a UMC

Reactions: Dannerz
Yes, but Estimated Delivery Date is the date of delivery not the date a VIN is assigned. If PYD cars are not on ships to Fremantle soon there is no way that even the end of March is possible. If that is the case, Tesla needs to advise its WA customers with PYD orders that its advised EDD dates will not be met.

Hope you get a complimentary UMC though. You never know maybe they will compensate you the late delivery 🥏🐷

Yes, but Estimated Delivery Date is the date of delivery not the date a VIN is assigned. If PYD cars are not on ships to Fremantle soon there is no way that even the end of March is possible. If that is the case, Tesla needs to advise its WA customers with PYD orders that its advised EDD dates will not be met.

Hope you get a complimentary UMC though. You never know maybe they will compensate you the late delivery 🥏🐷
Excuse my ignorance but what is “PYD”?

Yeah sorry could’ve worded it better but I mean I don’t think there will be an EDD update for the end of March EDD’s as I suspect mermaid will be carrying them and the EDD will update to 27/3-8/4. Of course if it’s not carrying it, I’d still suspect another will carry them before the end of March and will update to the timing of those ships which would be in mid April.

Tell you what though, noting the sheer numbers of people in Australia that seem to have the Feb-May EDD and the length of time it took Tesla to change to the new EDDs going past May now, they must have a charter or two lined up leaving between next week and April. Next few ships into that southern port are still all Europe bound so maybe next week we might see something? Would be for the east coast of course. Otherwise this quarter would surely be a miss for Tesla here at least and put even greater pressure on next quarter but they must have this all planned.

I ordered around 2.15 pm on Day 0 and still waiting for a vin.
Extraordinary how many people in this category still without a VIN.

And, based on the fact that EDDs are now out to mid-March, if you're not in the next batch of VINs assigned, you're going to be deep into April before getting your hands on a car. What hope for those that ordered post August to receive in the Feb-May timeframe?

Extraordinary how many people in this category still without a VIN.

And, based on the fact that EDDs are now out to mid-March, if you're not in the next batch of VINs assigned, you're going to be deep into April before getting your hands on a car. What hope for those that ordered post August to receive in the Feb-May timeframe?
You order MYP ? Cutoff for day 1 (10 June) seems to be around 12noon , I can’t recall any one with a VIN stating a later order time .. it’s unclear now when the next batch of MYP will be .. if anything like MY rwd, there are still people waiting on June/July orders .. seems if you miss that first wave the waiting game can go on and on.. hopefully another batch was made in the last couple of weeks of Feb before they move the focus to local supply .. then if so you might get it in April.. March is gone given the shipping delays and issues.

Last edited:
Excuse my ignorance but what is “PYD”?
An interesting way of referring to the Model Y Performance (MYP)

It's based on the very old way of describing Model S performance models like P85D, P90D, P100D where the number represented the battery size and the D means Dual Motor, to differentiate from the original P85 which was single motor.

All Model 3 and Model Y performance models have been dual motor so Tesla never used that naming, but it doesn't stop people from saying P3D and PYD and confusing the newbies.

An interesting way of referring to the Model Y Performance (MYP)

It's based on the very old way of describing Model S performance models like P85D, P90D, P100D where the number represented the battery size and the D means Dual Motor, to differentiate from the original P85 which was single motor.

All Model 3 and Model Y performance models have been dual motor so Tesla never used that naming, but it doesn't stop people from saying P3D and PYD and confusing the newbies.
Cheers for that. Everytime i saw PYD, in my head i read it as Performance Y Diesel

• Funny
Reactions: joseph.luppino
1676415325508.png

Paglia into Port Kembla pushed to tomorrow 🤦‍♂️

You order MYP ? Cutoff for day 1 (10 June) seems to be around 12noon , I can’t recall any one with a VIN stating a later order time .. it’s unclear now when the next batch of MYP will be .. if anything like MY rwd, there are still people waiting on June/July orders .. seems if you miss that first wave the waiting game can go on and on.. hopefully another batch was made in the last couple of weeks of Feb before they move the focus to local supply .. then if so you might get it in April.. March is gone given the shipping delays and issues.

FWIW

Melbourne. Ordered 10th June 4.00pm-ish
MYP. Blue w/black interior.
Vin assigned. EDD Feb 26 - Mar 19.

Suppose car could be on Paglia currently stuck off coast of Port Kembla doing laps.
How absolutely frustrating for RORO companies trying to do things economically.