Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah these were MYRWD in WA for the less popular trims such as blue with white interior.
So, for those of us waiting on tenterhooks, question for the forum. are VIN allocations done progressively (eg. day by day etc) or in batches (eg weekly or fortnightly at the end of a period).

If it's a more periodic process, when do we expect the next batch of VIN allocations to show up and how frequently thereafter should be expect to see them? Speaking as a RWD late July order in QLD.

So, for those of us waiting on tenterhooks, question for the forum. are VIN allocations done progressively (eg. day by day etc) or in batches (eg weekly or fortnightly at the end of a period).

If it's a more periodic process, when do we expect the next batch of VIN allocations to show up and how frequently thereafter should be expect to see them? Speaking as a RWD late July order in QLD.
For you, I’d be keeping an eye on that previously mentioned Grande Mirafiori due Feb 28 to Brisbane. Otherwise just the normal armacup schedules. Turandot is due 2 days after the grande so maybe a double whammy. Late next week seems like a good time for some east coast vins

For you, I’d be keeping an eye on that previously mentioned Grande Mirafiori due Feb 28 to Brisbane. Otherwise just the normal armacup schedules. Turandot is due 2 days after the grande so maybe a double whammy. Late next week seems like a good time for some east coast vins
I may not quite be up to speed on this but are we saying that VIN allocations are done en masse whilst the ship is in transit? Or are you saying that the Grande Mirafiori (for example), is due to depart shanghai soon and therefore there's a good chance we'll get a bucketload of VINs allocated as the ship is due to be loaded based on production runs being completed?

My understanding was that all VIN allocations (with the possible exception of cancellations/ adjustments) were done before the ship was underway because they were normally done as the cars rolled off the production line.

I may not quite be up to speed on this but are we saying that VIN allocations are done en masse whilst the ship is in transit? Or are you saying that the Grande Mirafiori (for example), is due to depart shanghai soon and therefore there's a good chance we'll get a bucketload of VINs allocated as the ship is due to be loaded based on production runs being completed?

My understanding was that all VIN allocations (with the possible exception of cancellations/ adjustments) were done before the ship was underway because they were normally done as the cars rolled off the production line.
It’s really unclear when VINs are assigned. My car was made the 12 of Jan and I didn’t get a vin until the first of Feb when it either got on a ship or it was already on route.

Edit: actually, it definitely happened a few days after it was already on the ship, assuming I’m on either Paglia or Viking Passama which have left Shanghai the 18th and the 24th of Jan.

It’s really unclear when VINs are assigned. My car was made the 12 of Jan and I didn’t get a vin until the first of Feb when it either got on a ship or it was already on route.

Edit: actually, it definitely happened a few days after it was already on the ship, assuming I’m on either Paglia or Viking Passama which have left Shanghai the 18th and the 24th of Jan.
I have my VIN on the invoice and Rego Papers, but not on the actual Tesla website using that Firefox and Chrome extension. States the following:
1676428064611.png

Got assigned 3 days ago.
Got follow up sms's & emails asking for payments.
Currently half way thru daily 6x daily bank limit transfers.
Tesla account is showing my payments received fairly quickly - quite streamlined and logical process so far.

Now for insurance... would love to hear what prices (approx) people are paying or being quoted for MYP's.
You should be able to call your bank and get the limit temporarily lifted to whatever number you want to avoid multiple payments.

I have my VIN on the invoice and Rego Papers, but not on the actual Tesla website using that Firefox and Chrome extension. States the following:

I wonder whether your car was originally a someone else's cancellation such that they've just skipped the VIN process and proceeded straight to invoice. When did you originally order? Date, time etc and state? Assuming RWD?

I wonder whether your car was originally a someone else's cancellation such that they've just skipped the VIN process and proceeded straight to invoice. When did you originally order? Date, time etc and state? Assuming RWD?
I ordered on release date. 10 June at about 11.30am. Midnight silver. My other mate ordered a black one just after me and his also is exactly the same. Both based in Sydney