Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of you guys not often read the previous threads.......He said in his first post......just keep asking like my marketing manager - keep asking same questions even answer several times 😆
What is really helpful if members place their model type/colour/wheel type /state and order date within their profile. This gives a quick and easy find for all :)

What is really helpful if members place their model type/colour/wheel type /state and order date within their profile. This gives a quick and easy find for all :)
4d93je.png

Reactions: Quickst
We have been given a delivery date, text and VIN, but VIN implies built in 2022? Tesla said that the vehicle arrived at their delivery centre today. Anyone have any insight on which boat docked recently in Perth? Have been told built 2022 but will have 2023 compliance - I'm not really fussed on dates just hoping it's got the slightly longer backseats 😁

We have been given a delivery date, text and VIN, but VIN implies built in 2022? Tesla said that the vehicle arrived at their delivery centre today. Anyone have any insight on which boat docked recently in Perth? Have been told built 2022 but will have 2023 compliance - I'm not really fussed on dates just hoping it's got the slightly longer backseats 😁
I think it is confirmed that noone with 2023 cars delivered here have longer seats (yet). First MYP collector in Brisbane posted about it a week and a half ago.

See Jason's post here on his 2023 MYP: First Australian delivered MYP

Last edited:
They used to truck them from Port Kembla (to Brisbane as well). There's just too many being delivered now - there's simply not enough car carriers in the country to do it.

I thought they should use rail, though. Port Kembla has excellent access to the interstate rail network, and I believe Tesla use rail in Eu

They used to truck them from Port Kembla (to Brisbane as well). There's just too many being delivered now - there's simply not enough car carriers in the country to do it.

I thought they should use rail, though. Port Kembla has excellent access to the interstate rail network, and I believe Tesla use rail in Europe.
There has to be a better way. Time to build car - 1 day. Time to land ship inside Melbourne port - 20 days. Whatever the reason something ain't right with this equation. 15 days looks standard for RoRo in Melbourne based on MarineTraffic data. Damn 😬

Hey! I got the "Tesla Update: A Model Y has been assigned to your order" txt today, but I had kinda already known that for a few days thanks to the VIN Finder Chrome extension...I wonder what the time delta between the two was caused by. Does anybody know?

Guys just a heads up about insurance. I’ve been running quotes for the MYP and Shannon’s for me was still the cheapest BUT the closest second was Australia Post! And Cashrewards at the moment have a 15% cash back on it so if I use it my insurance is only $1653 with $1000 excess, free glass replacement, agreed value at $107k and choice of repairer. Suggest you give it a shot as YMMV.
Thank you so much for the advice. I just checked and Shannons is $600 cheaper than Suncorp which was about $600 cheaper than Comminsure and NRMA. And Shannons has repairer of my choice which Suncorp doesn't have. So I just cancelled the Suncorp and got the Shannons this arvo. Easy to cancel the Suncorp Policy.

@aussiericky you're a legend!

Your car was probably on Dignity Ace which arrived a couple of weeks ago and people have been picking up from last week and this at delivery centre.
No chance of deeper seats for you - sorry!