Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
our customers' unconditional faith on it haha
Their job is a lot easier when customers tend to be unconditional fanbois.
Though that is true to varying degrees with car purchases of all car models. For example, the fanboi force is also strong in Next Gen Rangers as well with grown men posting on facebook gushing pictures of themselves with ribbons on their new Ranger purchases.🤣
Im glad Tesla does not do those stupid ribbon hand over ceremonies.

Last edited:
Reactions: MartinP4
While Ii sit semi patiently waiting on Paglia to dock can anyone suggest why
why Tesla persists with shipping cars from Sydney to Melbourne & enduring a highly inefficient Melbourne port & 20 day port/delivery delays. Why not just truck them down & unload tham all in Sydney?

Im glad Tesla does not do those stupid ribbon hand over ceremonies.
Ha, I hate this ribbon when I got my Mazda 3 back in 2015. It looks awkward, embarrasing and humiliating as same as when anyone congrats me to purchase a vehicle or a property - there is no challenge, there is not much effort that you need to push yourself to get it. It just costs your money. Perhaps I am not a people person, or have no people skill or social personality........

Reactions: Quickst
why Tesla persists with shipping cars from Sydney to Melbourne & enduring a highly inefficient Melbourne port & 20 day port/delivery delays. Why not just truck them down & unload tham all in Sydney?
logistically a nightmare to transport those many cars..and economical too...surely there will be some sort of "unframed agreement" between shipping lines/Port for the delay due to port authorities...but this is all in the air...

I am in same boat as you are mate...i bloody sold my car in anxiety that my car is on Paglia - docked at Brisbane and all sorted...now...its a SH*T Show!

Ha, I hate this ribbon when I got my Mazda 3 back in 2015. It looks awkward, embarrasing and humiliating as same as when anyone congrats me to purchase a vehicle or a property - there is no challenge, there is not much effort that you need to push yourself to get it. It just costs your money. Perhaps I am not a people person, or have no people skill or social personality........
At least you're self-aware

• Funny
Reactions: Hugh L.
My novated lease provider (sgfleet) sent through a NV quote, containing some items which I don't think is required. Specifically "Estimated Fuel", Roadside Assistance" and "Carbon Offset" (it's already a zero emission vehicle). The MY comes with 4 years roadside assistance, right?

They used to truck them from Port Kembla (to Brisbane as well). There's just too many being delivered now - there's simply not enough car carriers in the country to do it.

I thought they should use rail, though. Port Kembla has excellent access to the interstate rail network, and I believe Tesla use rail in Europe.

Likely to impact on margins - add another $800+++ per vehicle, then additional transfer/admin charges for logistics - also is there enough capacity for delivery trucks/drivers given current shortage. Imagine car transport is booked out solidly for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Way Downunder