Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys just a heads up about insurance. I’ve been running quotes for the MYP and Shannon’s for me was still the cheapest BUT the closest second was Australia Post! And Cashrewards at the moment have a 15% cash back on it so if I use it my insurance is only $1653 with $1000 excess, free glass replacement, agreed value at $107k and choice of repairer. Suggest you give it a shot as YMMV.

What’s the next step after you send the registration form in NSW to Tesla? Do you just wait for sms for delivery and then make a final payment?

Also - does anyone know if any of Sydney Tesla stores have received their test/demo cars yet? Wouldn’t mind testing the product given my delivery is probably 3 or 4 weeks away.

What’s the next step after you send the registration form in NSW to Tesla? Do you just wait for sms for delivery and then make a final payment?

Also - does anyone know if any of Sydney Tesla stores have received their test/demo cars yet? Wouldn’t mind testing the product given my delivery is probably 3 or 4 weeks away.
Yeah you wait and see estimates change and get frustrated with ships delays :)

They have demo vehicles since June last year. Not sure about MYP though. Possibly only RWD.

Guys just a heads up about insurance. I’ve been running quotes for the MYP and Shannon’s for me was still the cheapest BUT the closest second was Australia Post! And Cashrewards at the moment have a 15% cash back on it so if I use it my insurance is only $1653 with $1000 excess, free glass replacement, agreed value at $107k and choice of repairer. Suggest you give it a shot as YMMV.

Must be a NSW thing as Shannon's and Auspost are cheaper for you and still way more expensive for me. Cheapest in VIC was Westpac for me closely by Allianz

View attachment 909910all picked up - hassle-free, and I had input my profile before the fellow came to show me how. Was 6 or 7 MYPs there for pickup.

I looked over the car, no blemishes or misalignments, so happy about that. And of course, it drives like a dream. I haven't put it in sports mode yet - but its still goes ridiculously fast. I find the ride not overly firm with a minor uneven surface coming from the industrial estate in Pinkenba back towards Brisbane. A beautiful car to drive, and although I had hired a Tesla 3 last year in Europe so know the controls, its still pretty intuitive. Make sure to read the manual before your pickup if you aren't across things.

On insurance, I checked out Comminsure, NRMA, GIO and Suncorp. I didn't realise GIO doesn't insure in Qld, so it was out, and Suncorp came in about $550 cheaper than the rest. Make sure you shop around. I will check back in 3 months and see if anything comes in cheaper with same comprehensive benefits, and change over.

All the best on your wait times, and your pickup!
Looks fabulous. Such torture waiting for updated EDD and VIN. Enjoy your ride!

Reactions: DougalVizsla
Good looking out. I didn't even know Aus Post did car insurance.