Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys! I recently received an email to trade in my car. When I checked my Tesla account, I found that I can pay for the vehicle (I got the VIN), and the EDD has been updated to March 8 - March 29. I made the payment straight away.

Anyone knows if I can send my registration form to [email protected] now? Or must I wait for the Tesla team to contact me for the next steps?

Thank you so much for the advice. I just checked and Shannons is $600 cheaper than Suncorp which was about $600 cheaper than Comminsure and NRMA. And Shannons has repairer of my choice which Suncorp doesn't have. So I just cancelled the Suncorp and got the Shannons this arvo. Easy to cancel the Suncorp Policy.

@aussiericky you're a legend!
I was quoted $2500 by Shanon in nsw.

We have been given a delivery date, text and VIN, but VIN implies built in 2022? Tesla said that the vehicle arrived at their delivery centre today. Anyone have any insight on which boat docked recently in Perth? Have been told built 2022 but will have 2023 compliance - I'm not really fussed on dates just hoping it's got the slightly longer backseats 😁

For those who are not familiar, and given a lot of posts in recent weeks of V.I.N. below is the breakdown of V.I.N. codes. The digit ‘4’ indicates the model. As for us Aussies all our cars are built in Shanghai so digit ‘11’ is C (China).

I found this very helpful as it gives more meaning. For those not familiar there is a link with more details (see below). Hope this assists and gives more of an insight into your individual/unique serial number (last 6 digits) as it did for me!

1677134979503.png

For those interested there is a 2023 updated version of the decoder. Here is the link:

i think VP just went back up to Brisbane and somehow it’s now coming back down again… it was just outside of the Melbourne port pocket…wtf is going on…
That was some weird Vessel Finder stuff up. Marinetracker has it south of Port Philip heads, PAglia is way further south again. Both scheduled for 6 March...into port. I am getting dizzy watching them go round in circles, they better stop soon.

Reactions: Will910809
Hey guys there are quite a few MYPs in the inventory right now (NSW & ACT). I'm just confused as there are people here who ordered since July and still waiting while someone can just grab a new one right off the inventory. What is the reason these MYPs sitting there instead of going to people on the waiting list?

• Informative
Reactions: singo79 and Crynja
Hey guys there are quite a few MYPs in the inventory right now (NSW & ACT). I'm just confused as there are people here who ordered since July and still waiting while someone can just grab a new one right off the inventory. What is the reason these MYPs sitting there instead of going to people on the waiting list?
Wait, so if I don’t wanna wait for another month in Melbourne, I could literally fly to NSW now and buy one and drive back?

I'm pretty sure the blue one was originally for Tesla Tom (Ludicrous Feed) before he changed the order to the MYSR ;)

This is from people cancelling orders, the cars then are up for grabs.. this is just people who have cancelled or changed their config.

Guys just a heads up about insurance. I’ve been running quotes for the MYP and Shannon’s for me was still the cheapest BUT the closest second was Australia Post! And Cashrewards at the moment have a 15% cash back on it so if I use it my insurance is only $1653 with $1000 excess, free glass replacement, agreed value at $107k and choice of repairer.
Great post

Shannon's quote is $1598.66 which is I thought was good

Aus Post is $1305.47 before the 15% cashback, so no brainer

Reactions: DougalVizsla
Hi guys, new to forum here and ordered a white model Y RWD standard suite in September 2022.
No VIN assigned yet with eta feb-may
I see a lot of posts here with people receiving delivery with knowing which ship their vehicle is on. Is that because they have a VIN assigned? And roughly when was their order date

Hi guys, new to forum here and ordered a white model Y RWD standard suite in September 2022 in NSW.
I see a lot of posts here with people receiving delivery with knowing which ship their vehicle is on. Is that because they have a VIN assigned? And roughly when was their order date

I think this is how Tesla manages its sales and fulfilment process. Those who custom configure and order what they desire join the main order queue and wait for their cars to come. If a car is ready to be delivered, but the customer cancels, it goes into inventory for the next new customer to buy. This way, its main order queue is preserved, and it also gets to sell cars coming from cancellations. I suppose if a cancelled car could not be sold quickly, they can always match it to an order in its main order queue.

Hi guys, new to forum here and ordered a white model Y RWD standard suite in September 2022 in NSW.
Nah Tesla are pretty secretive with shipping information. Vedaprime offers a premium service with ship tracking and other discussions. I try to help out while I’m waiting and lend my knowledge for those not willing to go the Vedaprime route or for those who just like a general discussion here.

Most ships coming to the east coast come via these ships in this link Asia to Oceania | Armacup

There is the occasional ship that are sometimes chartered either sharing with other companies like grande Mirafiori which I’d presume is and sometimes they have a full solo chartered Tesla carrier like last quarters msc immacolata. There’s also the occasional mol ace ship for the east and WA seems to rely solely on mol ace now.

People’s order dates are all over the shop thanks to varying reasons such as state and trim. The order you have is probably the quickest trim. I don’t really track order dates but if you look through the thread you might find some information