Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning everyone, I can expect we would have the following topic today:
  • When and how many people have got their RWD MY delivered?
  • Feedbacks from MYP owners
  • Where is my cargo going and at?
  • Discusstions of how the Tesla reps doing
  • Latest orders placed, someone has got a EDD and rest of them have Apr to July, discussing anyone placed an order recently with EDD?
  • ...the list is going on and on....

• Funny
Reactions: GazzaK and chbchb
Good morning everyone, I can expect we would have the following topic today:
  • When and how many people have got their RWD MY delivered?
  • Feedbacks from MYP owners
  • Where is my cargo going and at?
  • Discusstions of how the Tesla reps doing
  • Latest orders placed, someone has got a EDD and rest of them have Apr to July, discussing anyone placed an order recently with EDD?
  • ...the list is going on and on....
so you are saying everyone is posting correctly according to the thread topic? People posting Model Y order questions in a Model Y waiting room, who would have thought?

Expected delivery 14-31 March. No VIN in order page, but there is a hidden VIN using the Tesla VIN Finder extension on Chrome. Is this usually a legit VIN, or does Tesla change the official VIN when it shows up in my order page / invoice?

Also, is there a way to track this VIN somehow? Would this car have already been built and en route here?

Reactions: dm_nz
Expected delivery 14-31 March. No VIN in order page, but there is a hidden VIN using the Tesla VIN Finder extension on Chrome. Is this usually a legit VIN, or does Tesla change the official VIN when it shows up in my order page / invoice?

Also, is there a way to track this VIN somehow? Would this car have already been built and en route here?
You will find out soon enough when you receive the final invoice. The vin finder vin matched my final invoice vin

I am sure there will be multiple posts about accessories here. But too difficult to go through entire room chats to search them.
Can you please recommend must accessories for MY RWD? And from where to get them please!

Reactions: Ash12
It’s worth joining @Vedaprime tracking tier if only for a short term, as he has a lot more intel and knowledge about how it all works. ( information that is not permitted to be shared here or FB etc )
Of course, why would Vedaprime share info here when they could make money out of it?

Trying figure things yourself is part of the fun. I would be happy to pay Vedaprime if I could receive my car quicker.

I can see my VIN number in the "Application form for Vehicle Registration" form in Tesla Account page.

I tried to read up on these "open source" sources. Put my hidden VIN in the molace tracking and RAVS, both showing up empty. Are there other places to plug in my VIN to see where it's at? Or does Tesla use different shipping companies to Australia?

does Tesla use different shipping companies to Australia?
Yes, they mostly use MOLACE for WA deliveries.
They use Armacup for almost every other shipment, and Armacup won't let you search by VIN - so you have to make guesses via their schedule which with the current port delays is less and less useful, or pay for access to the non open-source sources.

Not much point in searching RAVS, it has nothing to do with shipping, it's just evidence that the car has been built and complies with Australian regulations - it replaces the old stamped metal compliance plate.

I tried to read up on these "open source" sources. Put my hidden VIN in the molace tracking and RAVS, both showing up empty. Are there other places to plug in my VIN to see where it's at? Or does Tesla use different shipping companies to Australia?

MolAce vin tracker only works for cars that are on a Mol Ace branded ship, which is the common ship for Perth/Fremantle. Canberra cars tend to come via Armacup who don't have a vin search tool - it's a pity but is what it is.
RAVs only is a point in time database for when the ship enters Australian waters or docks. I don't think it says what ship its on either
The only way you can guesstimate is when the vin was released and it's first assigned EDD which might match up with an Armacup ship arrival date. It's tricky when there are 2 armacup ships in a week and harder to tell which one it's on
14-31st could be Grande Mirafiori which I think does have a vin checker as it's not an Armacup ship or could be Turandot maybe

I think this is the vin checker for Grimaldi (Grande ships) can you try it out for me with your vin? GNET Grimaldi Corporate

Reactions: JNTOZ
MolAce vin tracker only works for cars that are on a Mol Ace branded ship, which is the common ship for Perth/Fremantle. Canberra cars tend to come via Armacup who don't have a vin search tool - it's a pity but is what it is.
RAVs only is a point in time database for when the ship enters Australian waters or docks. I don't think it says what ship its on either
The only way you can guesstimate is when the vin was released and it's first assigned EDD which might match up with an Armacup ship arrival date. It's tricky when there are 2 armacup ships in a week and harder to tell which one it's on
14-31st could be Grande Mirafiori which I think does have a vin checker as it's not an Armacup ship or could be Turandot maybe

I think this is the vin checker for Grimaldi (Grande ships) can you try it out for me with your vin? GNET Grimaldi Corporate
I tried it earlier but unable to find out Shipment number for Grande Mirafiori

Yes, they mostly use MOLACE for WA deliveries.
They use Armacup for almost every other shipment, and Armacup won't let you search by VIN - so you have to make guesses via their schedule which with the current port delays is less and less useful, or pay for access to the non open-source sources.

Not much point in searching RAVS, it has nothing to do with shipping, it's just evidence that the car has been built and complies with Australian regulations - it replaces the old stamped metal compliance plate.
If my EDD is Mar 8-29 then does that mean my car is probably on the Pagenella because that is the only Ship that will arrive in NSW before the 8th but that has not been in line to dock yet?

If my EDD is Mar 8-29 then does that mean
as joseph says, the Tesla EDDs are pretty useless.
Mine still says March 25 - April 15 even though the MOLACE tracking tells me the car won't arrive in Fremantle until at least the 4th of April
Those tend to be optimistic too, and then it takes time to transport and prep the cars at the delivery centre - I'm thinking second half of April is more likely.