Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was my hope too, but today it seems Hoegh JAcksonville's visit to Appleton dock was very brief. It is now showing back in Melbourne Anchorage so no change for Paglia. Vessel finder shows the move in ship details so I don't think I wasn hallucinating.
Perhaps I have been holding my breath in anticipation for too long and am losing it.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: joseph.luppino
Ye
That was my hope too, but today it seems Hoegh JAcksonville's visit to Appleton dock was very brief. It is now showing back in Melbourne Anchorage so no change for Paglia. Vessel finder shows the move in ship details so I don't think I wasn hallucinatng.

Looks like you're right. Paglia has finally showed up on the VicPort website. Seems confirmed that it's docking 14th March. Finally.

Screenshot_20230310-094143.png

At the time I didn't look into 20" tyres, since I'm fitting the 19" Geminis I bought off someone onto my MYP when it arrives (and selling the 21" Überturbines). The Geminis didn't come with tyres, so I had the Michelin Pilot Sport EVs fitted to them, with TPMs I bought from Tesla's online shop.

But I just checked the Bob Jane website, and the prices seem to be all over the place.

$721ea MYP Rear (275/35R21)
$825ea MYP Front (255/35R21).
$575ea MY RWD 20" (255/40R20).
$645ea MY RWD 19" (255/45R19).

Not sure why the narrower 21" fronts are more expensive than the wider rears. Or why the 20" ones are cheaper than the 19s. I paid less than the current price of the 19s, but there is a $150 off deal at the moment when buying 4 tyres.

These are for Michelin Pilot Sport EVs though, which I have read are quite a bit better than the Pirellis the MYP comes with. Frums mention 'mediocre grip for a summer performance tire, and squeals too much in spirited driving'. And 'they're just meh compared to other tyres I've had'.
Tesla should include the better Michelins with more than just the 20" (Inductions).
This was very helpful. Thank you

Reactions: tom_kauf
Jesus... April 30th-May 21st?! What ship would this be on?
It's very odd that they would give you this date range when it's more than a month away.

I'm expecting a shipping schedule blow out with armacup schedule release today. Paglia and Viking Passama can't be put back into the rotation as they are stuck which is a big issue for the Oceania route to have 2 out of 7 ships stuck in Melbourne. If Turandot continues to Melbourne then there could be 3 out of 7 ships stuck.

In theory Paglia and VK should be doing end of March early April pick ups from Shanghai/Korea but the schedule will be in chaos if they aren't freed up from Melbourne.

Interesting

Just got my EDD updated as well to April 30 - May 21.

RWD white on white. Ordered 15 July.

I personally expected it to be on Don Juan leaving Shanghai 14/3 and arriving 28/3 Brisbane.
Also just got an EDD 1 May to 22 May. Car will be from the Gold Coast centre. No VIN assigned and none to be found hidden in the source code.

There must be a batch done that they will allocate to cars shortly.

(MY RWD Blue, end July 22 order)

Interesting, the Turandot does not even show up on the Port Kembla website: Daily Vessel Movements

However, the Paganella does and it's scheduled to only take a single day after it arrives to depart again for Noumea. Given that departure date is a Saturday, this gives the Tesla team 4 working days (6 if you include the weekends) to get the cars that were taken off the boats to each of the different delivery centers around NSW.

Yep. I'm now all onboard the Paganella guess for anybody with a 23rd-31st NSW date.
Screenshot 2023-03-10 at 11.15.10 am.png

Reactions: MyPWSyd
My thought is that $2500 buys an awful lot of electricity, so it's not going to be worth getting the charger installed just for access to the free electricity times.

If you were planning on getting a charger installed anyway though it might be?
Wall Connector is $700+installation, Mobile Connector is $500. So you could subtract the difference there.

But, personally, I was with Powershop before then (and their EV plan is quite good) and, now, I'm with Amber Electric. I know that they have an EV specific sub-system coming to make best advantage of solar and cheap wholesale prices so I'm sticking with them EV Charging with Renewable Energy | Amber

• Informative
Reactions: Elite Display