Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting, I switched payment method from Novated lease to Cash and I got the hidden VIN straight away and the RAV notification.

Had to call up to switch it back to a novated lease following which the hidden VIN promptly disappeared again and I'm stuck on
Arrange payment from [ ] to Tesla before signing so payment method step not done.

Anyone done a novated lease and know what the next steps are, is it just to wait for a VIN to be officially issued with final invoice?

Curious to know what was your EDD showing prior to making the payment change?

Can't remember when I ordered , sorry. EDD of 23-31'st . Vin showing up in RAV. Interesting that it says an 02/23 build. (MYP , white ). Tesla called to prompt us to put in registration details.
NRMA insurance was the cheapest at $1400. Full no claim bonus with one claim in last 3 years.

Reactions: krylonos
I think thata the tug about to clear
HOEGH JACKSONVILLE to make way for Paglia... 😍
Screenshot_20230312-162030.png

Does anyone know if you can get your rego licence plate number prior to delivery (NSW) - I have VIN, RAV and want to provide insurance company with details of licence plate. Or does this come when you collect your car on delivery day and then contact insurance company? EDD is 23 - 31 March, Any feedback from any MY RWD in NSW who recently collected their MY would be great!

Reactions: krylonos
I have a VIN :cool: (was hidden for a day, and then Invoice appeared next day).
Build Date: 31/01/2023

Odered 8 November, MYP White/Black, Gold Coast.

No RAV Entry yet through.
EDD is still showing 13 March (tomorrow) to 31 March. Tomorrow isn't going to happen, I still need to complete the payment. And who knows if the vehicle is there already. But if it is, delivery end of the week is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam Chuang
I have a VIN :cool: (was hidden for a day, and then Invoice appeared next day).
Build Date: 31/01/2023

Odered 8 November, MYP White/Black, Gold Coast.

No RAV Entry yet through.
EDD is still showing 13 March (tomorrow) to 31 March. Tomorrow isn't going to happen, I still need to complete the payment. And who knows if the vehicle is there already. But if it is, delivery end of the week is possible.

If it has no RAV then it's likely still on a ship so I wouldn't get your hopes up of delivery by end of week. Might still be 2-4 weeks before collection appointment if there is a lot of cars to get through the process/

Reactions: tom_kauf
Does anyone know if you can get your rego licence plate number prior to delivery (NSW) - I have VIN, RAV and want to provide insurance company with details of licence plate. Or does this come when you collect your car on delivery day and then contact insurance company? EDD is 23 - 31 March, Any feedback from any MY RWD in NSW who recently collected their MY would be great!

Your insurance company don't need it to start the insurance policy they can do it with just the VIN. Your car won't get his plates and be registered until the day before or day of collection. Just call up your insurance company after collection so they can add it to their records.

Reactions: cafz and krylonos
For those that now have their Ys (RWD), what energy consumption stats are you averaging?

For reference, we had one of the 2020 M3s and the consumption stats are better on the old vehicle vs the new M3 we also just took delivery of:

2020 M3SR+ 50Kw ~135Wh/km (I'm assuming NCA 54kw)
2023 M3RWD 62Kw ~150Wh/km (I'm assuming LFP 62kw)
2023 MYRWD ~?????

From what I can glean online, the LFPs are cheaper to build but less energy dense. Hence, a LFP battery pack has to be slightly bigger.

Assuming my figures for the new M3 are accurate (more time needed to get good stats), my conclusion from this is that the LFP cars might be cheaper to buy but more expensive to run because you need an extra 8kw of charge to get the same range as earlier. I'm sure 8kw per charge isn't big bikkies anyway but I found this interesting.

Please someone poke holes in the logic or at least share what their MYRWD efficiency stats are. Note if you fancy yourself as Dan Ricciardo when you drive, please feel free to leave your stats off :)

I have had my MY RWD for just over 6 months and my range is disappointing and I booked a service with Tesla last week to find out if there's any problem with the battery. Before I took the car in, someone called and he went through my history and said everything was fine and in fact I have done well - 1.2% better than average.

Here is my problem. I have been tracking my range for months with similar results :

I drove from 100% to 12% and only covered 271 km "Since Last Charge". That works out to be 308 km of range. My avg energy was 154 Wh/km, which is quiterespectable and i am a conservativedriver. Total energy was 44 kWh. With a 60 kWh battery, I should be getting 60/.154=390 km. And the actual consumption of 88% of 60 kWh = 52.8 kWh has a huge discrepancy vs 44 kWh on screen.
It was explained to me that what appears on screen only represents consumption on driving alone. The (52.8 - 44 kWh) 8.8 kWh was lost in other peripherals which he directed me to the on screen energy report which details Driving, Climate, Elevation, Others.... among other things. The on screen report does confirm what he said - only 2/3rd of the consumption is on driving and the other 1/3rd on the above-mentioned peripherals.

I had another round where avg energy was 170 wH/km and calculated range is about 260 km.

This is really disappointing and at less than 300 km range, it wouldn't work if I go on a longer trip. I rented a Audi e-tron in NZ where the publushed range was below 300 km but I managed to get 330 km.

I think I am going to sell this car and go for the Hyndai.